Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Looking at top 5 picks the last few years

DalTXColtsFan

22 minutes ago, esmort said:

I don't care how bad he feels himself. When you are in a position like GM you need to hear the criticism and if it's constructive he may need to reevaluate your thinking on some things. 

Gladly, I disagree with you. I feel that as a man of his stature, no amount of criticism will motivate him anymore than he is already motivated by his own standards. I understand that some need to criticize. I just dont agree that he needs to hear it....because he will undoubtedly receive all kinds of it. Some of it warranted, much will be emotional and over the top. Thus, he will ignore it. 

On 1/2/2018 at 9:13 AM, Myles said:

The Browns also have the 4th pick.   If Rosen is the #1 QB in the draft, the Browns may take Barkely #1 and their QB at #4.   That would probably be their best move. 

So they would gamble on missing out on their #1 QB to take Barkley with the first pick? I don't get that logic.  Barkley has a much better chance to be there than Rosen.  Then again, the draft is a long ways away.

4 minutes ago, BOTT said:

So they would gamble on missing out on their #1 QB to take Barkley with the first pick? I don't get that logic.  Barkley has a much better chance to be there than Rosen.  Then again, the draft is a long ways away.

I heard the browns love Allen so if so they could get him with the 2nd pick 

14 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Gladly, I disagree with you. I feel that as a man of his stature, no amount of criticism will motivate him anymore than he is already motivated by his own standards. I understand that some need to criticize. I just dont agree that he needs to hear it....because he will undoubtedly receive all kinds of it. Some of it warranted, much will be emotional and over the top. Thus, he will ignore it. 

I don't care if it motivates him or not he should have to endure it. If he wants to ignore it that's fine. If he alienates enough people (including fans) by coming off as a pompous know it all I am sure there is a position available with Grigson in Cleveland. 

On 1/2/2018 at 3:13 PM, Indyfan4life said:

While this is possible, we’re talking about Cleveland. 

But the Browns have a ‘real’ GM now... not money ball finance guys with their surveys {they ignore} and value charts.  John Dorsey will now target ‘real players’.  And he’ll evaluate what they have and where their needs are.  Remember, Ballard learned under Dorsey.  So it can be argued the Browns GM is better than the Colts GM.  He is certainly more experienced, and has a good track record.

3 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

But the Browns have a ‘real’ GM now... not money ball finance guys with their surveys {they ignore} and value charts.  John Dorsey will now target ‘real players’.  And he’ll evaluate what they have and where their needs are.  Remember, Ballard learned under Dorsey.  So it can be argued the Browns GM is better than the Colts GM.  He is certainly more experienced, and has a good track record.

No I understand completely and agree to a extent. However, it’s still Cleveland. They’ve had numerous opportunities to fix their team with high picks and still can’t get it right. 

We haven’t been much better though. 

On 1/1/2018 at 1:36 AM, Smoke317 said:

Is there a Von Miller or Khalil Mack in this year’s draft?  I remember hearing during the combine & on sports science that their measurables & drill rimes we’re off the charts...  We could sure use someone like that.  I’d take a stud OLineman too.

My early looks at Key and Chubb make we quite excited about the potential for having our pass rusher of the future.

Other thoughts on this thread is simply, "Teehee, I'm so excited. Gonna be a fun off season"

1 minute ago, funktacious2 said:

My early looks at Key and Chubb make we quite excited about the potential for having our pass rusher of the future.

Other thoughts on this thread is simply, "Teehee, I'm so excited. Gonna be a fun off season"

Harold Landry led the country is sacks last year so not a shabby olb option either....if we trade back.