Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Gm & Coach Being Interviewed On Nfln Live In A Few Min

ruksak

I guess "ignorance is bliss" doesn't apply to rabid PM fans who would blame Luck. If Luck is even a half wit he will realize that some fans are just completely ignorant to the situation and people around him will tell him the same.

I would not worry about a few blaming Luck for Mannings downfall (if), its so completely outlandish to even suggest its Lucks fault.

He ain't done :cuss: .

I'll fix it for you; I hope Luck is a big boy now, and can handle the pressure.

Evidence: 1) He handled the pressure of being the Heisman front-runner for most of last season

2) He handled the pressure of living up to his previous season when he decided to return to school.

3) He handled the pressures of the upcoming draft and the associated Peyton Manning drama by providing the correct tone and honest responses to the inevitable questions.

He has handled the pressure in the past, he can handle the pressure in the future.

Evidence: 1) He handled the pressure of being the Heisman front-runner for most of last season

2) He handled the pressure of living up to his previous season when he decided to return to school.

3) He handled the pressures of the upcoming draft and the associated Peyton Manning drama by providing the correct tone and honest responses to the inevitable questions.

He has handled the pressure in the past, I hope he can handle the pressure in the future.

Fixed it for you.

Apparently it is not so outlandish, as some fans have stated that the reason they do not want the Colts to draft Luck, is because it makes Peyton expendable.

Then they are ignoring reality as its the uncertainty around his injury that would cause the Colts to move on. Luck would be a fortunate insurance policy that fell in the Colts lap. I don't even think the media would back up these uniformed few.

Then they are ignoring reality as its the uncertainty around his injury that would cause the Colts to move on. Luck would be a fortunate insurance policy that fell in the Colts lap. I don't even think the media would back up these uniformed few.

The injury issue convolutes the extremely fortunate opportunity to draft a potential franchise caliber QB. Personally, I think the injury is much ado about nothing. I really do.

If I had to choose, Luck or Manning, either or? Yeeeeesh.......it makes me sick to say it but 3-4 years versus 15 years? I was on the bandwagon for the parade of incompetent QB's that came through town. I am glad this will not happen again for some time. I would pick Luck.

Am I suggesting that Luck will be as fruitful as Manning? Nope. But I feel confident he'll be better than Pagel, Kofler, Trudeau, Chandler, George, Schlichter, Hermann, Hogeboom, Kiel, Ramsey, Majkowski, Erickson, Holcomb, Nagel and Justin. All of whom started at least 1 game. All of these names, all 15 of them, started during the same duration of time in Which Peyton was our only starter.

Hopefully Luck can prevent a similar onslaught of incompetence.

The pat answer from GM Grigson to about every question was, "It's an ongoing process, we've had a lot to do, and there's still a lot to be done". I have no problem with that. They should play it close to the vest. There's no purpose to say anything about anything.

It did seem to me that Grigson was extremely nervous and Pagano had a look on his face like his best friend had just passed.

Again, not a problem, just an observation. Probably just not used to this type of attention.

He gets one season, his rookie season. We have had two bad seasons since Peyton was under center. '98 and '01. Why should the successor get any different?

You say he gets only his rookie season, but yet we had two bad seasons since Peyton was under center (using your own words), so shouldn't he be given 2 seasons? And will he be given 9 yrs to make it to the SB and win?

Luck will be given 4 years at least but he better show potential. Manning threw a lot of ints his rookie year but he also threw a rookie record 26 tds. manning then turned his team from worst to first. Luck is expected to have success soomer because its easier for rookies nowadays. you are groomed from a young age on how to be a qb so much better than 15 years ago. If luck doesnt take the colts to the playoffs by year 4 though its time to go.

You say he gets only his rookie season, but yet we had two bad seasons since Peyton was under center (using your own words), so shouldn't he be given 2 seasons? And will he be given 9 yrs to make it to the SB and win?

I meant we had two losing seasons. It only took Peyton to learn in one season. In '01 we had the number 2 offense. So I stand by his words. Luck only get a bad rookie season.

I like how in the interview, they talked to Pagano about Luck, "Whoever is going to be the QB, it's going to be smart, fast, physical tough football, and a very aggressive football team on special teams."

^ He doesn't waste time! Put him on a leash!

The pat answer from GM Grigson to about every question was, "It's an ongoing process, we've had a lot to do, and there's still a lot to be done". I have no problem with that. They should play it close to the vest. There's no purpose to say anything about anything.

It did seem to me that Grigson was extremely nervous and Pagano had a look on his face like his best friend had just passed.

Again, not a problem, just an observation. Probably just not used to this type of attention.

I just think grigs is out of his comfort zone talking to the media. Pags I just get the feeling he's very focused like you said not a problem just different from all those years with polian.

I just think grigs is out of his comfort zone talking to the media. Pags I just get the feeling he's very focused like you said not a problem just different from all those years with polian.

I believe the awkwardness really stemmed from the fact that neither one of them is quite used to such an intense focus in the bright lights with cameras and microphone booms sticking in their faces. Griggs has seemed incredibly guarded in all interviews/pressers and I believe he just isn't a media savvy guy. That's OK though. We hired the chap to build a team, not to impress the viewing audience.

I think many of us are doing the same thing, myself included. Looking at these guys like "what are you hiding. TELL US WHAT YOU KNOW".

In my opinion this is a hard to handle the media for anyone, because of intense media hype over Peyton. Grigs and Pags aren't get used to media attention yet, and it is more tougher to them when every second question is addressed directly or indirectly to PM, PM's health, that is obviously a thing they aren't allowed to speak about. Most presser will be diverted until 8. of March, or until Manning-deal is announced.

Poor media guys...they have to be satisfied with "Jack Daniel's reports" until March.