• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Jim Caldwell.

..Darkhorse..John Fox

Proven winners.

Both carried Peyton to the Super Bowl..

Loved in both Indy and Chicago

John Fox is anything but beloved in Chicago. Everyone wants him gone.

For me.. proven winners actually have to win something. Broncos won immediately after Fox left despite Peyton being one of the worst starting QBs in the league. The D went from very good to GOAT level, despite Fox being a defensive coach.

By the way, I'd still take Mike McCoy as an OC. If the Broncos change staffs again this year, I'd like to team him up with Eric Studesville, their long time assistant who is now the RBs coach and assistant head coach. They both worked under Josh McDaniels in Denver.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

By the way, I'd still take Mike McCoy as an OC. If the Broncos change staffs again this year, I'd like to team him up with Eric Studesville, their long time assistant who is now the RBs coach and assistant head coach. They both worked under Josh McDaniels in Denver.

Didn’t Mccoy already get fired? Like back in November. Not sure about the other guy but I’m sure McCoy should be available. If a guy like McDaniels isn’t available I wouldn’t mind seeing Pat Shurmur get a try. Seems like he makes life for young QBs very easy.

3 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Didn’t Mccoy already get fired? Like back in November. Not sure about the other guy but I’m sure McCoy should be available. If a guy like McDaniels isn’t available I wouldn’t mind seeing Pat Shurmur get a try. Seems like he makes life for young QBs very easy.

McCoy did get fired. My post might have been confusing, but yes, McCoy is available already. The Broncos changing their staff might make Studesville available. 

As for Shurmur, I haven't given him much thought, but I do think he got a raw deal in Cleveland (everyone has), and he's definitely done a good job with Philly and Minnesota. 

On 12/24/2017 at 8:21 PM, oldunclemark said:

Chuck Pagano..

Team never quit...played MUCH better than the talent on the roster...Pagano has earned the right to stay.

Any conscious fan knows. No one wins with the roster we had this year

..the super dark horse is Robert Mathis........in house already...in training already

A man who would get instant respect from Colts fans

No...just...noooooooooooooooooooooo

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Jim Caldwell.

..Darkhorse..John Fox

Proven winners.

What ARE you smoking and will you please share?

On ‎12‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 8:21 PM, oldunclemark said:

Chuck Pagano..

Team never quit...played MUCH better than the talent on the roster...Pagano has earned the right to stay.

Any conscious fan knows. No one wins with the roster we had this year

..the super dark horse is Robert Mathis........in house already...in training already

A man who would get instant respect from Colts fans

I agree but you have to be prepared to get attacked by most of this forum. I have explained why I have the same opinion a bunch of times but get insulted and ridiculed non stop.

Pagano was dealt a losing hand from day one this season and it has become chic for most to jump on the band wagon to make a fall guy for all the Colts problems.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I agree but you have to be prepared to get attacked by most of this forum. I have explained why I have the same opinion a bunch of times but get insulted and ridiculed non stop.

Pagano was dealt a losing hand from day one this season and it has become chic for most to jump on the band wagon to make a fall guy for all the Colts problems.

Even though the hands were not the best he still played them badly.  Instead of playing to the strength of the hand he had he continously tried to play like he had the hand he wished he had. 

1 minute ago, esmort said:

Even though the hands were not the best he still played them badly.  Instead of playing to the strength of the hand he had he continously tried to play like he had the hand he wished he had. 

Look, rehashing all this is a waist of time. The band wagon is in motion. It makes no difference as to the reasons why. Pagano was set up to be the scapegoat for all of those who need someone to blame. Welcome to the club.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Look, rehashing all this is a waist of time. The band wagon is in motion. It makes no difference as to the reasons why. Pagano was set up to be the scapegoat for all of those who need someone to blame. Welcome to the club.

I'm so tired of this hogwash, as if there are no legitimate reasons to think Pagano needs to be replaced. 

1 minute ago, Superman said:

I'm not surprised that's how you chose to spin my post, but that's not at all what I said. 

That is exactly what you said. But I am cool with that. I have been ridiculed all season and I can take it. No arguments from me. I see where I stand and relish it.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Explain any different please?  I will give you the benefit of the doubt and that is more than I have ever gotten.

Good heavens... this victim card you're playing is out of control. The reason you've gotten heat is because you consistently twist what others says. You just did it to me.

What I said was it's hogwash for you to paint everyone who thinks Pagano should be replaced with the 'scapegoat / bandwagon' brush, as if there are no legitimate reasons to think he should be replaced. Anyone who wants Pagano gone is just jumping on the bandwagon and scapegoating him. Yes, that angle is absolute hogwash.

It's also rich that you taking this angle basically presents yourself (and anyone who agrees with you) as the only one who has any integrity and ability to think for yourself. Anyone who wants Pagano gone is either being unfair to him, or has no ability to discern whether he's the right coach for the Colts, or both.

I'm posting this to give you the benefit of the doubt, because I believe you already knew what I said/meant, and chose to spin doctor it anyway. But in case you didn't, there's my explanation. 

17 minutes ago, Superman said:

Good heavens... this victim card you're playing is out of control. The reason you've gotten heat is because you consistently twist what others says. You just did it to me.

What I said was it's hogwash for you to paint everyone who thinks Pagano should be replaced with the 'scapegoat / bandwagon' brush, as if there are no legitimate reasons to think he should be replaced. Anyone who wants Pagano gone is just jumping on the bandwagon and scapegoating him. Yes, that angle is absolute hogwash.

It's also rich that you taking this angle basically presents yourself (and anyone who agrees with you) as the only one who has any integrity and ability to think for yourself. Anyone who wants Pagano gone is either being unfair to him, or has no ability to discern whether he's the right coach for the Colts, or both.

I'm posting this to give you the benefit of the doubt, because I believe you already knew what I said/meant, and chose to spin doctor it anyway. But in case you didn't, there's my explanation. 

If you honestly think Pagano was given a fair shake then I can't fault you or anyone else. It is my opinion he was not given a fair shake nor the roster to win with. There would be very few coaches in the history that could have made winners out of this present roster. How many of the 53 roster players have been placed on IR or have taken medical payouts? Is that number like at 34 or something around that number? 

Because I argue my point of view and get insulted and ridiculed to no end and then take issue with it I play the victim card? Now who is doing the twisting?

No where have I ever called someone stupid or anything of that nature. My comment has always been a difference of opinion and have always tried to explain my point of view. It is those who take a difference of opinion and refuse to even consider I may have a point that make such a big splash out of what I say. Sorry Sup but you are in that majority.

I have always treated you with the upmost respect and somewhat expected the same from you.

On December 21, 2017 at 3:11 PM, SaturdayAllDay said:

I'll throw out a name that hasnt been brought up yet. Chris Petersen, HC of the UW Huskies. He has a 129-28 over his career and has had success with multiple teams. His team this year had the #1 rush defense in the nation, and I think if they manage to shut down Barkley in the Fiesta Bowl he could be a name that starts popping up as a potential candidate for a few teams. Not sure if he will actually want to leave for the NFL, though. 

Hes not my first choice as our new HC, but there are plenty of worse options out there. I wouldnt be against it if we picked him up. 

I just read an article today on NFL Network where a handful of NFL GM's were asked which coaches they thought would be candidates to move from the college ranks to the pros.   Two GMs mentioned Peterson as as one of their top candidates.  One NFL GM stated some teams are already doing their homework on him.  Peterson's team runs a pro offense and one GM referred to him as a "home run hire".   A top candidate on another GM's list.  The article also mentioned David Shaw and Iowa State's Matt Campbell.  It certainly looks like he is going to get some attention.  I am hoping for someone with HC experience and he has been very successful in college.  He looks like an interesting dark horse to me. 

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If you honestly think Pagano was given a fair shake then I can't fault you or anyone else. It is my opinion he was not given a fair shake nor the roster to win with. There would be very few coaches in the history that could have made winners out of this present roster. How many of the 53 roster players have been placed on IR or have taken medical payouts? Is that number like at 34 or something around that number? 

Because I argue my point of view and get insulted and ridiculed to no end and then take issue with it I play the victim card? Now who is doing the twisting?

No where have I ever called someone stupid or anything of that nature. My comment has always been a difference of opinion and have always tried to explain my point of view. It is those who take a difference of opinion and refuse to even consider I may have a point that make such a big splash out of what I say. Sorry Sup but you are in that majority.

I have always treated you with the upmost respect and somewhat expected the same from you.

He was definitely given ample opportunity to prove his coaching ability. You act like people have based their opinions on this year alone. He has shown most of the same coaching deficiencies in all his time here, not just this season. 

2 hours ago, Superman said:

Exactly!

2 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I’m sorry people are ridiculing you...but two wrongs don’t make a right. I know the Pagano thing creates a lot of emotion on both sides. One side sees he has had key guys miss a ton of games and believe the roster wasn’t good enough to win with. The other is tired of losing...watching young guys not progressing, watching vets get playing time when young guys get left on the bench. Watching us not make adjustments, constantly get blown out by the good teams and just play inconsistent altogether. Heck running the most embarrassing play in NFL history fake punt against the Pats is enough for some. I think it a little much to not think people have adequate reason to want him gone. This team has had plenty of questionable game plans and in game calls to warrant a change. While I agree it sucks for Chuck to not be at full strength this year in such a critical year in his career but that doesn’t mean this team shouldn’t look at all ways to upgrade this team..on the field and on the sideline. No one is above replacement if we think we can upgrade.

9 minutes ago, esmort said:

He was definitely given ample opportunity to prove his coaching ability. You act like people have based their opinions on this year alone. He has shown most of the same coaching deficiencies in all his time here, not just this season. 

Yeah, like going three 11-5 seasons on the way to an AFC championship game after the Colts going 2-14? You mean things like that? Or when he took 5 different QBs to a 8-8 record? How much help did he get from Grigson after the first year?   It's easy to point a finger at then negatives and completely overlook anything positive when all you are doing is looking for a scapegoat. IMO the problems the Colts have goes much deeper than the head coach.

5 hours ago, Superman said:

McCoy did get fired. My post might have been confusing, but yes, McCoy is available already. The Broncos changing their staff might make Studesville available. 

As for Shurmur, I haven't given him much thought, but I do think he got a raw deal in Cleveland (everyone has), and he's definitely done a good job with Philly and Minnesota. 

Just a run down of Pats career (and I am sensitive to the fact that not all great oc become great hc). Pat was qb coach for Donavon Mcnabb for several years in Philly. OC for Sam Bradford in STL where he started out hot early in his career before injuries. Became HC under mike holgrem and coached Colt McCoy to actually a pretty good rookie season before the whole staff was changed (I believe when the team was sold). Went to Minnesota and about half way though last year became OC and that’s where we saw Sam Bradford take off again. Then finally this year with Case Keenem. Looking at all his offenses they were all at the top of the league in effeciency and many other areas. I don’t know how he would be as HC but dang I wouldn’t mind seeing him run our offense for sure!

5 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Exactly!

I’m sorry people are ridiculing you...but two wrongs don’t make a right. I know the Pagano thing creates a lot of emotion on both sides. One side sees he has had key guys miss a ton of games and believe the roster wasn’t good enough to win with. The other is tired of losing...watching young guys not progressing, watching vets get playing time when young guys get left on the bench. Watching us not make adjustments, constantly get blown out by the good teams and just play inconsistent altogether. Heck running the most embarrassing play in NFL history fake punt against the Pats is enough for some. I think it a little much to not think people have adequate reason to want him gone. This team has had plenty of questionable game plans and in game calls to warrant a change. While I agree it sucks for Chuck to not be at full strength this year in such a critical year in his career but that doesn’t mean this team shouldn’t look at all ways to upgrade this team..on the field and on the sideline. No one is above replacement if we think we can upgrade.

I have no problem with that at all. Peoples memories fade with losing and I understand that too. No matter what happens I will always feel Chuck got a raw deal here and his hands were tied with more than just what turned out to be a bad GM. No matter who the head coach was they would have been dealt a losing hand.

No retreads please. I mean the one time it worked was Dungy but it usually doesn't.

It doesn't need to be a name just someone competent look at the Rams they have a 31 year old as HC and they look really good.(I think they'll be one and done but they had a great season regardless)

13 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, like going three 11-5 seasons on the way to an AFC championship game after the Colts going 2-14? You mean things like that? Or when he took 5 different QBs to a 8-8 record? How much help did he get from Grigson after the first year?   It's easy to point a finger at then negatives and completely overlook anything positive when all you are doing is looking for a scapegoat. IMO the problems the Colts have goes much deeper than the head coach.

There are plenty of people who have complained about and pointed out his deficiencies from the beginning. 

The deficiencies were there even in the beginning, they were just easier to overlook when Luck was picking up a lot of the slack for his poor coaching; and they often won in spite of Pagano not because of him. 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I have no problem with that at all. Peoples memories fade with losing and I understand that too. No matter what happens I will always feel Chuck got a raw deal here and his hands were tied with more than just what turned out to be a bad GM. No matter who the head coach was they would have been dealt a losing hand.

History is littered with guys that get a raw deal. I think the world of the man himself. Wonderful guy...and I think he would be a GREAT positional or assistant coach. I just don’t think the game plans (even in the good years) and his ability for in game adjustments and judgements were what I would call “good”. We deserve better imo. Heck even that first season it was mostly Bruce Arians coaching that team as Chuck missed more than half the year with his cancer. I do thank Chuck because his teams never give up...play hard..he is a great motivator. That said I don’t think he is the right man to lead our coaches in game planning and making the calls. Just too many poor performances for my liking. I think we can do better on the sideline. He probably did get linked up with a poor GM....but let’s not act like he only got 1 or 2 years to coach...or the organization kicked him to the curb when the going got tough. We even gave him an extension. Heck if the right coach isn’t available I would be ok with him coming back....I don’t expect it and don’t think it will benefit the team in the long run...but even Chuck would be better than a bad hire so I hope we hire very carefully.

4 hours ago, esmort said:

Well, I have to hand it to you. That back handed compliment was handled well. A little under handed in the way it was delivered, but hands down one of the best comments on this hand wringing thread. 

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I’ve never suggested that Pagano has had the perfect set of circumstances. But he doesn’t have to be blessed with a perfect roster before his coaching ability can be evaluated. I’m not judging him on his win/loss record, and everyone knows that. 

And just because the majority disagree with you doesn’t mean no one in that majority has considered the opposing viewpoint. You’re doing this whole ‘me against the world thing,’ and it’s less than endearing. 

And while I appreciate that we’ve always had respectful interactions, I guess you don’t understand that when you lump everyone in with comments like “The band wagon is in motion. It makes no difference as to the reasons why. Pagano was set up to be the scapegoat for all of those who need someone to blame. Welcome to the club,” it’s basically saying that there’s no legitimate reason to want Pagano replaced, and anyone who doesn’t think he should stay is only scapegoating him because it’s the popular thing to do. 

I would rather be given the respect of acknowledging that I don’t just hop on the bandwagon, ever.

31 minutes ago, CF4L said:

No retreads please. I mean the one time it worked was Dungy but it usually doesn't.

It doesn't need to be a name just someone competent look at the Rams they have a 31 year old as HC and they look really good.(I think they'll be one and done but they had a great season regardless)

Other than Dungy you mean coaches like Belichick, Carroll, Gruden, Vermeil, Shanahan, Holmgren and Reeves?

3 minutes ago, Superman said:

I’ve never suggested that Pagano has had the perfect set of circumstances. But he doesn’t have to be blessed with a perfect roster before his coaching ability can be evaluated. I’m not judging him on his win/loss record, and everyone knows that. 

And just because the majority disagree with you doesn’t mean no one in that majority has considered the opposing viewpoint. You’re doing this whole ‘me against the world thing,’ and it’s less than endearing. 

And while I appreciate that we’ve always had respectful interactions, I guess you don’t understand that when you lump everyone in with comments like “The band wagon is in motion. It makes no difference as to the reasons why. Pagano was set up to be the scapegoat for all of those who need someone to blame. Welcome to the club,” it’s basically saying that there’s no legitimate reason to want Pagano replaced, and anyone who doesn’t think he should stay is only scapegoating him because it’s the popular thing to do. 

I would rather be given the respect of acknowledging that I don’t just hop on the bandwagon, ever.

You have your own reasons just as I have mine. Just because we have different point of views does not automatically make either 100% correct or right. 

Fandom is a blinding issue and always has been. Not just for the Colts. I been around watching the NFL for a very long time and have seen fans turn rabid and the majority of the members in here are as rabid as I have ever seen outside of the New York fans.

I do understand your issue with what you said about me against the world mentality but you haven't been on the receiving end of some pretty serious insults that go beyond being personal. Till you wear those shoes don't judge.

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Pagano makes coaching blunder after blunder during games. Blunders that are outside the realm of talent he has to work with. He cannot gameplan and does not have an understanding of Xs and Os that any competent coach should have. He’s little more than a professional motivator. He is not a good coach and I think you are blinded by how nice of a man he appears to be.

2 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Pagano makes coaching blunder after blunder during games. Blunders that are outside the realm of talent he has to work with. He cannot gameplan and does not have an understanding of Xs and Os that any competent coach should have. He’s little more than a professional motivator. He is not a good coach and I think you are blinded by how nice of a man he appears to be.

If you say so. I am not here to argue because all the minds are made up already so what's the point?

9 hours ago, Finball said:

John Fox is anything but beloved in Chicago. Everyone wants him gone.

For me.. proven winners actually have to win something. Broncos won immediately after Fox left despite Peyton being one of the worst starting QBs in the league. The D went from very good to GOAT level, despite Fox being a defensive coach.

Credit Wade Philips for that.  Why teams let him leave as a DC I’ll never know.  

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Jim Caldwell.

..Darkhorse..John Fox

Proven winners.

I’d say Peyton carried them to the Super Bowl not the other way around.  With that said both have proven to be good coaches.  Caldwell I think would be a more realistic candit as Irsay thought hard about keeping him in 2012.  I could see him giving him a second chance.