Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Kravitz: Might Jim Irsay run Andrew Luck out of Indianapolis with his intemperate remarks?

Everyone

46 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'll follow up on that if you don't.. 

And yeah, building your own amp if you don't know what's up = kaboom.

51 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

That's awesome that you can build your own amp. I could never trust myself trying that. I assume you are talking about building the 5F6A Bassman circuit amp. I'm fortunate enough to own some real vintage guitars. I use to buy & sell & trade for many years. I've probably owned hundreads of guitars since the 70's. The most I ever had at one time was 34. By 2010 I went through a divorce & have kept just 5 guitars that I have now. I own a 57 Les Paul Goldtop, a 61 Strat, a 59 Strat, a Martin D41 & a Taylor 355. Nothing like Jim Irsay but then I don't own my favorite football team.  My son plays too so he will get all my gear. He jokes with me all the time & tells me he's going to route my Les Paul out for a Kahler. I told him if he does I will most certainly haunt him.

Yes, building an amp isn't that hard really.  Just have to be able to read and follow the "point to point" wiring diagram and understand the schematic and some basic AC/ DC circuits.  

Yes the 5F6A is the one I am considering.

I also like to "convert" old tube radio or organ chassis's to guitar amps.  Sometimes you get a gem.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This may have been posted already, but if it was, I missed it.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000864489/article/colts-should-trade-andrew-luck-brett-hundley-can-rally-packers

The guy makes some points.  Luck has shown greatness, but overall his stats are hohum.  Irsay's remarks about the four inches also makes me think.  Maybe it is the time to cash in this chip and give the new GM serious ammunition to build a complete team. Luck led Colts were 10-12 since the start of 2015.  Colts don't have a good team.  Trading Luck might be the way to become a good team.  Of course, it's too bad they would not be selling at peak value.

I am hearing too many comments from media journalists like "the Colts are a mess". They could not get a bite on any trade offers and their roster is what it is. The coach is under fire, the owner is as well and their quarterback in the center of a soap opera merry-go-round. It can't end well unless Ballard can walk on water. The messier it gets the longer it will take to mend.

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

I am hearing too many comments from media journalists like "the Colts are a mess". They could not get a bite on any trade offers and their roster is what it is. The coach is under fire, the owner is as well and their quarterback in the center of a soap opera merry-go-round. It can't end well unless Ballard can walk on water. The messier it gets the longer it will take to mend.

To be fair, the media created a lot of this drama.  No boring conclusion will suit them

14 hours ago, Roger said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000864489/article/colts-should-trade-andrew-luck-brett-hundley-can-rally-packers

The guy makes some points.  Luck has shown greatness, but overall his stats are hohum.  Irsay's remarks about the four inches also makes me think.  Maybe it is the time to cash in this chip and give the new GM serious ammunition to build a complete team. Luck led Colts were 10-12 since the start of 2015.  Colts don't have a good team.  Trading Luck might be the way to become a good team.  Of course, it's too bad they would not be selling at peak value.

Maybe Luck is offended that Irsay think's his head is only 4 inches wide.  Its fatter than that.

15 hours ago, Roger said:

10-12 with Grigson "generally" managing, inept coaching, zero player development, a poor defense, a bad offensive line, a ground game that was lackluster at best, and a torn labrum (not to mention coming back from a lacerated kidney).  He's not a guy you cash in, stats be danged.  His ability to come back close to 100% In 2018 is the only factor that matters in this equasion.

As for the "4 inches between his ears".....its an unfotunate way to say "We've got to get him to the point where he trusts his shoulder."  Anderson said the same thing about his knee for about a year.....way too much is being made of all of Irsay's comments....unpopular stance, I know, but it's what I believe.

After this season why not package deal trade Andrew Luck with Anthony Castonzo to the NY Jets.  Both are former first rounds picks and should earn us at least the Jets rounds 1 and 2 picks and add another later round pick such as their 4th.  We already know the Jets are in need of both an offensive tackle and a quarterback.  Rebuild our offensive line around Ryan Kelly in the draft targeting both Notre Dame’s players (RT) Mike McGlinchey and LG Quenton Nelson.   As former first round picks this should give our team a couple early round compensation picks for 2019s draft.   We already know that 2019 is weak for offensive lineman so this is the year where we should be investing heavily in the Colt's future for the offensive line.

This should allow Jacoby Brissett a future chance if not we can always try targeting Kurt Cousins in free agency.  Another quarter back I think will excel is  rookie Clayton Thorson of Northwestern who is intelligent and an active leader with a strong arm.  Scouts say could be a top pick if played for a contender school. Projected rounds 1-3.

1 hour ago, OhioColt said:

After this season why not package deal trade Andrew Luck with Anthony Castonzo to the NY Jets.  Both are former first rounds picks and should earn us at least the Jets rounds 1 and 2 picks and add another later round pick such as their 4th.  We already know the Jets are in need of both an offensive tackle and a quarterback.  Rebuild our offensive line around Ryan Kelly in the draft targeting both Notre Dame’s players (RT) Mike McGlinchey and LG Quenton Nelson.   As former first round picks this should give our team a couple early round compensation picks for 2019s draft.   We already know that 2019 is weak for offensive lineman so this is the year where we should be investing heavily in the Colt's future for the offensive line.

This should allow Jacoby Brissett a future chance if not we can always try targeting Kurt Cousins in free agency.  Another quarter back I think will excel is  rookie Clayton Thorson of Northwestern who is intelligent and an active leader with a strong arm.  Scouts say could be a top pick if played for a contender school. Projected rounds 1-3.

So you must think Luck is done? Lets just trade away a generational franchise QB for a couple of picks? ok.

5 hours ago, King Colt said:

We don't need media journalist. We get everything you mentioned right here is this forum.

Besides, calling media hacks media journalist is a stretch.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So you must think Luck is done? Lets just trade away a generational franchise QB for a couple of picks? ok.

Luck is 28 years old may have another 10 years of game left.  He already had a lacerated kidney, multiple pulls in his adomen (Grade 3), sprained shoulder, and a low grade 1 concussion in 2016.  Even when healthy he has average passer rating of 87.3%.

Jacoby Brissett on the other hand will be 24 years old in December. In his short time with the Colts he already has a 85.6% rating and is top 15 quarterback this year.  The only major injury I could find was a torn ligament in his thumb with the Patriots.  Brissett is the most sacked quarterback this year todate with 32 sacks.

So yes trade Luck and Castonzo to the Jets.  Rebuild our offensive line with top talent in the first round.  Pray like hell Brissett doesn’t land on IR with a serious injury this year. Because Brissett will be the face of a newer younger frachise for way more years than Luck.

Is it not every organization’s main goal to draft top talented players?

This year the Colts are projected to have a top 10 pick and the NY Jets potentially the 3rd.  Why would we not want to exploit this rare scenario and have the chance to draft elite talent in the first two rounds.  May even get a top 2019 draft selection from the Jets and potentially league compensation for trading two former first rounders.

Brissett was the 91st pick in the 2016 draft.  He has proven to me at least that he can be the Club’s future.  Enough to hopefully draft two solid offensive lineman in Round 1 as I mentioned previously.  Than in Round 2 can add a solid RB or draft two stellar defensive players.

Final analysis the Colts get younger better talent for years to come with the leveraged upside of early 2019 compensations.

46 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Luck is 28 years old may have another 10 years of game left.  He already had a lacerated kidney, multiple pulls in his adomen (Grade 3), sprained shoulder, and a low grade 1 concussion in 2016.  Even when healthy he has average passer rating of 87.3%.

Jacoby Brissett on the other hand will be 24 years old in December. In his short time with the Colts he already has a 85.6% rating and is top 15 quarterback this year.  The only major injury I could find was a torn ligament in his thumb with the Patriots.  Brissett is the most sacked quarterback this year todate with 32 sacks.

So yes trade Luck and Castonzo to the Jets.  Rebuild our offensive line with top talent in the first round.  Pray like hell Brissett doesn’t land on IR with a serious injury this year. Because Brissett will be the face of a newer younger frachise for way more years than Luck.

Brissett isn't better than Andrew Luck. He's an actual capable backup QB for us, finally. Luck isn't done. We can still win a Super Bowl or 2 in 10ish years.

20 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Brissett isn't better than Andrew Luck. He's an actual capable backup QB for us, finally. Luck isn't done. We can still win a Super Bowl or 2 in 10ish years.

Brissett may not be better than Luck but at this stage it won’t matter who the quarterback is as long as the Colts continue to have the leagues worst offensive line.

This is a business decision. The Jets had to rebuild their offensive line this past season after loosing three of their top lineman.  Kelvin Beachum is far being a top LT.  Castonzo will be an immediate upgrade for them for the next 7-8 years.  Hopefully we can draft McGlinchey with the Jets pick. 

Ideally I like to trade value players with 4-6 years remaining before retirement.  All in hopes to draft younger talent capable of needing 1-2 years to be comparable to what you traded out for as long-term replacements.  Add in the fact the rounds these players where originally drafted for a future loss compensations to me is a solid formula to remain successful and youthful. 

When you have a great draft class of talented young kids that match areas of major needs for your organization and the potential to have 2 top 10 draft selections in the first two rounds, why would we not want to exploit this rare opportunity?

Yes I would miss Luck.  As we have seen time and time again players are expendible due to business needs.  

Brissett may not be the long-term future.  Whoever takes over should have an upgraded offensive line better at protecting them with what I am forecasting and suggesting.

This year the Colts are projected to have a top 10 pick and the NY Jets potentially the 3rd.  Why would we not want to exploit this rare scenario and have the chance to draft elite talent in the first two rounds.  May even get a top 2019 draft selection from the Jets and potentially league compensation for trading two former first rounders.

First off we would have a pick inside the top 5 and the Jets would have a pick around #10.  Now if we did package Luck and Castonzo as you mention, we would for sure get more than a 1st, 2nd, and maybe a 4th as you mentioned.  Why would you trade a proving winner who shows he has everything you need in a QB and our starting LT for just those 3 picks?  That would be the worst thing ever in league history.  Ballard would probably look like a joke soon after.

No Thanks!

don’t forget about the Jets 2019 picks we would demad as well.  If it works for the Patriots, Browns and 49ers why can’t it work for the Colts to load up on draft picks?

Seriously think each of these organizations are being laughed at about having multiple draft picks?

6 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Brissett may not be better than Luck but at this stage it won’t matter who the quarterback is as long as the Colts continue to have the leagues worst offensive line.

This is a business decision. The Jets had to rebuild their offensive line this past season after loosing three of their top lineman.  Kelvin Beachum is far being a top LT.  Castonzo will be an immediate upgrade for them for the next 7-8 years.  Hopefully we can draft McGlinchey with the Jets pick. 

Ideally I like to trade value players with 4-6 years remaining before retirement.  All in hopes to draft younger talent capable of needing 1-2 years to be comparable to what you traded out for as long-term replacements.  Add in the fact the rounds these players where originally drafted for a future loss compensations to me is a solid formula to remain successful and youthful. 

When you have a great draft class of talented young kids that match areas of major needs for your organization and the potential to have 2 top 10 draft selections in the first two rounds, why would we not want to exploit this rare opportunity?

Yes I would miss Luck.  As we have seen time and time again players are expendible due to business needs.  

Brissett may not be the long-term future.  Whoever takes over should have an upgraded offensive line better at protecting them with what I am forecasting and suggesting.

Not sure if I agree with anything you said other than the very first sentence. Colts are not trading Andrew Luck. I'm sorry, but that's not happening. Do you really think Castanzo will be an upgrade for the next 8 years? He's already on the downward slope last year and he would be 37 almost 38 years old in 8 years. I don't think he plays that long, not as a starter anyway. We could draft an O-Linemen with our 1st pick, I'd have to see where we pick first. If it's top 5 pick, a o-lineman would be a reach to pick there. If I were to guess, we spend a lot of money in FA to help the O-Line. Also, I believe Brissett is long-term future. Even Ballard said it himself, they did the trade for Brissett and he's more of a long term back up for the Colts.

1 minute ago, pgt_rob said:

Not sure if I agree with anything you said other than the very first sentence. Colts are not trading Andrew Luck. I'm sorry, but that's not happening. Do you really think Castanzo will be an upgrade for the next 8 years? He's already on the downward slope last year and he would be 37 almost 38 years old in 8 years. I don't think he plays that long, not as a starter anyway. We could draft an O-Linemen with our 1st pick, I'd have to see where we pick first. If it's top 5 pick, a o-lineman would be a reach to pick there. If I were to guess, we spend a lot of money in FA to help the O-Line. Also, I believe Brissett is long-term future. Even Ballard said it himself, they did the trade for Brissett and he's more of a long term back up for the Colts.

Castonzo is an upgrade for the Jets over Beachum. Agree he tops out around age 36.  That’s the beauty of trading away a top player with 4 good years left on them but selling the idea they can do 6.

To invest in the future you have to prepare.  Return on investments is key.  Luck is injured but as you all keep reiterating the idea that he can stil play which is why we need to unload him after he comes off IR to the Jets. At this point in his career he has had too many serious injuries and has become a risk/reward player.  Sale him now while he has trade value and appeal before he ends up like RG III.

7 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

Castonzo is an upgrade for the Jets over Beachum. Agree he tops out around age 36.  That’s the beauty of trading away a top player with 4 good years left on them but selling the idea they can do 6.

To invest in the future you have to prepare.  Return on investments is key.  Luck is injured but as you all keep reiterating the idea that he can stil play which is why we need to unload him after he comes off IR to the Jets. At this point in his career he has had too many serious injuries and has become a risk/reward player.  Sale him now while he has trade value and appeal before he ends up like RG III.

Well Luck again is not a player you just get rid of.  We can help fix the line with the draft and FA without selling everything away as you want.  If Luck is going to play next year, as I hope he does, he will be a top QB in the league giving us the best chance to win.  He is far better than Brissett and has qualities in a QB that every team in the NFL would love to have....and we just trade it away?  

Again I would say, NO THANKS!

10 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

We would look like even more of a joke to trade Andrew Luck. We would never hear the end of it. How we were in a perfect situation with drafting Andrew Luck, and we broke him and trade him away like garbage. Franchise QBs are hard to come by so I'd rather take the risk to keep Andrew Luck than trade him away and stomp us for the next 10-12 years.

RGIII was great his rookie year because he wasn't a traditional pocket passer. He did well running read option and scrambling from the pocket. Similar to Kaepernick. After a season or 2, teams know how to defend that. Not to mention, the dude was a bit of a drama queen so he hasn't done well in the locker room. He's healed from his knee injury and can still play, but he's just not as good as he was labeled from the start. 

All please don’t get me wrong but I loved Manning and what he done for our organization but with a better offensive line he flourished in Denver.

The same I am forecasting with Luck by parting ways with him to the Jets and rebuilding this club.  The longer our offensive line remains the worst in the league and say we keep Luck he will end up being no better than Archie Manning.   Archie was sacked 337 times in his pro career with the Saints.  In five years Luck has already been sacked 156 times.

Bottom line is we have to rebuild and protect the quarterback.  Luck’s injury history is more of a concern to deal him now than what we all know already is how well he can play. 

8 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'm in favor of keeping Luck because we need a starting QB, but Luck is nowhere near a generational QB. Guys like Wentz, Goff, Watson, Cousins, Carr, Mariota, and Winston are all performing at a level equal or higher than him. Russell Wilson was drafted the same year as Luck and he is better now. Luck is a solid QB, but he's just one of the pack now. He's done nothing to separate himself from any of the young QBs drafted after him in the last 5 years. His play, which you could consider elite in 2012-2014 before, is just average now. Luck has a lot to fix before he can be considered a generational QB once again. He's probably a top 10 QB now, and that's not by a whole lot besides past reputation. Who knows if he'll ever revert back to his previous form.

14 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

All please don’t get me wrong but I loved Manning and what he done for our organization but with a better offensive line he flourished in Denver.

The same I am forecasting with Luck by parting ways with him to the Jets and rebuilding this club.  The longer our offensive line remains the worst in the league and say we keep Luck he will end up being no better than Archie Manning.   Archie was sacked 337 times in his pro career with the Saints.  In five years Luck has already been sacked 156 times.

Bottom line is we have to rebuild and protect the quarterback.  Luck’s injury history is more of a concern to deal him now than what we all know already is how well he can play. 

You build the offensive line and hope for Luck to become a great QB with championships.  You are saying we have a bad line so fix it but get rid of the key asset you are fixing the line for.  Manning was great as a Colt and when he went to Denver he showed us he was still able to play.  We had a chance at another potential great, which we do not right now.  

SO.....you build the line to be in front of LUCK.  

51 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

teams are not going to be lining up to trade us a haul of picks or whatever while lucks shoulder is still in doubt

i do think he will come back, but it would be an enormous risk to trade away the kind of assets it would take to land him.  plus they would be taking on his contract

no one is going to want to put their job on the line for that 

On 11/9/2017 at 7:27 AM, Roger said:

To "give the new GM serious ammunition" by trading Luck, you're also taking away a significant amount of that GM's ammunition in terms of the dead cap space that would be accrued by trading Luck.  

He has no trade value for the Colts due to his contract.  

Are we honestly having a serious discussion about trading Luck? That's just crazy. He'd been playing injured for several

years prior to the shoulder surgery. A healthy Luck is a special talent. If he's done then this team won't be back any time soon no matter how many draft picks the Jets send the Colts. If he comes back healthy this team is automatically a playoff contender. You have to plan your rebuild around this guy as so many have already said. A few additional key pieces on the D ( pass rush and 2 ILBs); on the O, another talented WR and RB; another T and G. Two more strong drafts and a few key FAs and look out. But it all begins and ends with Luck. YOU DO NOT TRADE HIM. 

I am all in agreement this year about rebuilding our offensive line.  Castonzo has done a great job for us from the start considering he wasn’t allowed to take a year off and learn when drafted.  I would still be happy to trade Castonzo to the Jets for a top pick.  Looks like next year a pair of RT’s Isaiah Prince and Jawaan Taylor will be going in Rounds 1-2.  RG Connor McGovern will also be a early round selection. Leverage our options for a better future...

How do the Colts operate the draft with Luck's shoulder in question? I would guess he had the best medical people  yet the surgery was a failure. So, who cuts on him now? All comments about the future are empty until we know how Luck will be in March of next year. To relate a similar screw up I had my truck recalled for faulty driver side air bag and after the "fix" was performed I got another notice saying the "fix" was no good and to bring it back. Then I got a notice saying my truck passenger side bag needed replacing. Then I got a notice saying my car needed the driver side airbag replaced. Yeah, it was American management at it's best. Do they make a Ford Irsay?

19 minutes ago, King Colt said:

How do the Colts operate the draft with Luck's shoulder in question? I would guess he had the best medical people  yet the surgery was a failure. So, who cuts on him now? All comments about the future are empty until we know how Luck will be in March of next year. To relate a similar screw up I had my truck recalled for faulty driver side air bag and after the "fix" was performed I got another notice saying the "fix" was no good and to bring it back. Then I got a notice saying my truck passenger side bag needed replacing. Then I got a notice saying my car needed the driver side airbag replaced. Yeah, it was American management at it's best. Do they make a Ford Irsay?

The draft is 6 months away.  My assumption is they will have a pretty good understanding if Luck is throwing a football by that time. 

Failed surgery?  What failed surgery and what reports can you show to support this?  You are big on these posts with nothing to back the claim.

2 hours ago, OhioColt said:

I am all in agreement this year about rebuilding our offensive line.  Castonzo has done a great job for us from the start considering he wasn’t allowed to take a year off and learn when drafted.  I would still be happy to trade Castonzo to the Jets for a top pick.  Looks like next year a pair of RT’s Isaiah Prince and Jawaan Taylor will be going in Rounds 1-2.  RG Connor McGovern will also be a early round selection. Leverage our options for a better future...

You can't assume that the two players you mentioned will be available when we pick. Trading Castonzo without already having any player in hand to replace him would be a mistake.

You, me nor anyone else knows what the big board is going to look like come draft day.

52 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Where did you get your information that Luck's surgery was a failure?  Just because he wasn't ready to play does not mean his surgery was a failure. Everyone's healing and rehab is different and on a different time frame. Till we hear from a legit source for you to assume anything is just a rumor.

On 11/9/2017 at 10:29 PM, King Colt said:

There is speculation Colts season ticket holders are talking about suing Irsay for his pre-2017 comments about Luck being ready to start game one.

If you're referring to the PFT article by Florio of all people its just speculation its not actually happening.

If they didn't sue in 2011 when Manning was out for the year they aren't suing now.