Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On nfl network I was watching an episode of Top 10 and they were doing the best quarterback duels. What are your guys top five qb duels you've seen?

My top five would be:

1. 2009 Manning vs Brady.

2. 2006 AFCCG Manning vs Brady.

3. 2011 Brees vs Rodgers

4. 2009 NFC Divisional Playoff Game Brees vs Warner.

5. 2009 Stafford vs Quinn (The finish was amazing).

Solid list. I would throw in the Cards/Packers playoff game from a few years ago. Neither defense was doing anything, so it was all on the offenses and the QBs to win the game. Funny how in the end, a defensive play won it

Yeah, I actually meant to put that game. Accidently typed Brees vs Warner, instead of Rodgers vs Warner. The sudden second half comeback is what made it so great. Seemed like it was over early, but then touchdown after touchdown.

Yeah, I actually meant to put that game. Accidently typed Brees vs Warner, instead of Rodgers vs Warner. The sudden second half comeback is what made it so great. Seemed like it was over early, but then touchdown after touchdown.

Yeah haha I was trying to remember the 2009 NFC Divisional game and couldn't remember who it was for sure, but I had a pretty good idea it wasn't Saints and Cards.

how is that considered a shoot out? we only scored 17 points

It was pretty one-sided. Brees kept throwing those easy underneath curl routes against our soft tampa cover 2 literally all game. Brees ended the game 32/39 w/ 2 TD's. Furthermore, many of those incompletions were in the first half with some receivers dropping easy catches, so Brees easily could have gone 39/39 if the receivers were in synch early.

It was the most pathetic pass defense I've ever seen. Caldwell didn't have our team ready to play at all. Manning was ready, but clearly Caldwell was not, and that proof is in the pudding if we look at our recent season.

I'll be so glad Chuck is going to make changes to that awful defense.

Bradshaw vs Staubach - SB 13, I think, the Steelers won 35-31, in those days of low scoring, defense driven games

Brady vs Peyton Manning - 2006 AFCCG

Brady vs Peyton Manning - 2009 4th & 2 game (these 2 Brady vs Manning games have to be the 2 most dramatic games the last decade, IMO)

Kurt Warner vs Rodgers - 2009 wild card round of the playoffs

Bledsoe vs Marino shootout 1994

Peyton vs Marino (I remember a 37-34 game win for Peyton and the Colts, not sure which year)

Heck, Derek Anderson vs Carson Palmer in a 51-45 shootout was fun to watch in 2007

Peyton vs Trent Green (Chiefs playoff game in 2004 with no punts was fun to watch)

Eli vs Brady in 2007 (2012 was a mistake filled game while the 2007 game had more plays made than mistakes, IMO)

Two from 2004 stand out

Manning v. Favre. If memory serves me correctly We threw the ball like the first 18 plays(actually 22) of the game.

Manning finishes 28/40 393 5 td 0 int

Favre finishes 30/44 360 4 td 0 int

Also from 2004, the 35-45 game vs. KC

Manning finished 25/45 472 5td 1 int(int in the final minute down 10).

Green finished 27/34 389 3 td o int, of course the chiefs had 200+ rushing yards on top of that.

Outstanding performance by the Colts defense.

I have to say this:

1. Brady v Manning the last decade. Lets face it, the reg season games been must see football.

2. Warner v Big Ben in the SB a couple years ago.

3. Montana v Kosar(?) Cinci QB in the SB (one where Montana made the last minute TD score.) Game was exciting and both QB played well.

those are the best IMO off the top of my head.

how is that considered a shoot out? we only scored 17 points

Manning threw for 333 yards and he and Brees set a record for highest completion % in a Super Bowl at 75%. Brees set a record for most passes completed in a Super Bowl and Peyton was one behind him. And this thread isn't particularly about shootouts, but rather QB duels. Manning and Brees are both greats, and were relatively the whole story of the week. That's why it's included here, probably.