Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Source With Knowledge On The Manning Situation Has Said

betheafan41

Are you reading it as he's not attending the combine? I guess I saw it as he would be there to run, etc... but not throw. Maybe that's where I'm getting confused.

Oh, sorry.

Then that is strange.

I've always thought it is better to look at the body of work from actual games anyway.

ANY player can look good during staged drills.

These players are schooled by trainers just for these drills. It can be very misleading.

It is nice to see them in person and rate them against their peers but many of the drills don't mean that much anyway in real football terms.

Too many players are "workout marvels" but when it comes to real-game play, aren't as productive as their "measureables" would indicate.

Ok, that seems weird, because if he's a free agent why doesn't he have to wait for free agency?

because the other players become free agents on March 13th becuase that is when their current contracts expire.

Manning's contract is not expiring. His would be being terminated. In theory guys like like Garcon are under contract till March 13th. If we release Manning we are ending the contract then and not waiting for it to expire. So Manning would no longer have a contract so he is free to sign with anyone. Other soon to be free agents are still under contract to their teams till March 13th.

If he's released he is free to sign with anyone he doesn't have to wait for the start of free agency becuase he wont be becoming a free agent from his contract running out.

he would have to still wait for the FA period to start before getting a contract from another team. it dont matter if hes released or contract runs out a FA is a FA and can not sign until the FA period starts.

I remember during the Superbowl Mike and Mike were making a big deal that he could sign with a new team at any time from the moment he is released.

The Colts have signed a few players in the last month, I think Peyton would be thrown in to the same market as those guys as he wouldn't have any contract.

he would have to still wait for the FA period to start before getting a contract from another team. it dont matter if hes released or contract runs out a FA is a FA and can not sign until the FA period starts.

This is incorrect as I explained in my following post I got the info from espn and nfl network and while they might speculate they do know how things like this work.

Like a lot of what's been written by a source who has knowledge on the Manning situation, this article is meaningless. First of all, by virtue of this thread all who read it have knowledge. And secondly, every comment made in public or private by both parties centers around the money even if the word or amount of it is never mentioned.

first of all "TEAMS", not specifically the Colts, ADVISED him to not the throw until his pro day. he isn't forbidden from throwing if he still wants.

He's already the top prospect in the entire draft...

I'm thinking he can only lower his stock by doing anything...

I dont think Andrew Luck has to prove he can handle the fundamental requirements of QB...

I would attend the combine and talk to all the top teams but I wouldnt throw

He's already the top prospect in the entire draft...

I'm thinking he can only lower his stock by doing anything...

I dont think Andrew Luck has to prove he can handle the fundamental requirements of QB...

I would attend the combine and talk to all the top teams but I wouldnt throw

I expect him to go to the combine, get measured, weighed, and take the Wonderlic.

Tavaris Jackson is not inspiring

I don't see Peyton playing for more then a year or two anyway right now, even if he does that. I never thought he would realistically play past 38 but some have had him playing well into his 40's or being Grandpa Favre.

Sooner then later, the Luck era will have to begin in Indy no matter what.

The Colts are the front runner to get Peyton Manning. Period.

Peyton has made it clear he wants to play... yet almost nobody has got a good look at him "in action" .. Isn't this a red flag? Manning is obviously not right... RIGHT NOW. Indy simply cannot wait to see how he is in August. Too much at stake with the first overall pick.

If Indy were picking anywhere other than 1 or 2 I think the Colts would most likely take the chance and roll with Maanning. But the risk is far too great with a Andrew Luck or RG3 staring the team in the face.

A very unique situation.... But the smart move is to move on...

Can't wait for this whole thing to be over with. Every day, we get a new report from an "unnamed source close to the situation" with some info and now we don't know what's real and what's fake. Can't wait for March 8 when it'll all be figured out

Me too

I just read an article where the writer was quoting a columnist who was speculating that Manning was offered a position with MNF.

Funny thing was the writer complained that he had to write the story,,,,,