Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

That time Lawrence Taylor single handedly won a game

Synthetic

Awesome video I saw this morning and had to share. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba3akiNi1sA

Some of you may be too young to remember LT, and I myself didn't really get to witness him until the tail end of his career. Arguably the greatest linebacker to ever play the game, straight up beast and amazing to watch in old videos. 

If I was doing an all-time Draft and to go Offense/Defense it would look like this:

Peyton #1 - I would take him first (QB)

LT #2 (OLB)

Jim Brown #3 (RB)

Reggie White #4 (DE)

Jerry Rice #5 (WR)

Ray Lewis #6 (MLB)

Anthony Munoz #7 (O.Tackle to protect Peyton's blind side)

Deion Sanders #8 (CB - best Cover Corner ever IMO)

-that is my Fab 8! To your topic, you see I have LT #1 on my Defensive Board!

21 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

LT was the most cranked up player in history. It was known for years he did some heavy performance induced drugs like coke and crank while playing. Bill Parcells turned his head away and ignored what LT was doing.

In today's world he wouldn't be allowed to be on the field.

Most players on coke and other illegal drugs like that cannot perform at a high level. LT was an exception of this...Weather he was on crack or not, I don't see where it gave him a boost of performance since most people can't play that great when they're high like that on something like coke. Parcells has blamed himself for years about LT's behavior issues and drug problems, stating that he failed him as a person, so have to disagree with your comment that he ignored it. 

LT played in an era where quarterbacks weren't treated like gods and you could beat the living crap out of them and not have to worry about fines, excessive flags, or "bounty" stuff...He is far from the only one of his era who wouldn't be allowed on the field today. Ronnie Lott, Rickey Jackson, Clyde Simmons, Reggie White and Bruce Smith would be getting fined every week for how brutal they beat up quarterbacks in this same era. 

He still redefined the position of linebacker and completely changed how the position is viewed and played. Joe Gibbs has said before that he started using 2 Tight End sets back in the 80's to try and do something to hold off LT's pass rush from getting to the QB...

3 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Most players on coke and other illegal drugs like that cannot perform at a high level. LT was an exception of this...Weather he was on crack or not, I don't see where it gave him a boost of performance since most people can't play that great when they're high like that on something like coke. Parcells has blamed himself for years about LT's behavior issues and drug problems, stating that he failed him as a person, so have to disagree with your comment that he ignored it. 

LT played in an era where quarterbacks weren't treated like gods and you could beat the living crap out of them and not have to worry about fines, excessive flags, or "bounty" stuff...He is far from the only one of his era who wouldn't be allowed on the field today. Ronnie Lott, Rickey Jackson, Clyde Simmons, Reggie White and Bruce Smith would be getting fined every week for how brutal they beat up quarterbacks in this same era. 

He still redefined the position of linebacker and completely changed how the position is viewed and played. Joe Gibbs has said before that he started using 2 Tight End sets back in the 80's to try and do something to hold off LT's pass rush from getting to the QB...

LT is the best Defensive player ever JMO.

Bogie I know you will get kick out this, here would be ideal starting lineup, then give me yours:

Offense

QB Peyton

RB Emmitt Smith

FB Jim Brown

WR Jerry Rice

WR Marvin Harrison

TE Shannon Sharpe

OT Anthony Munoz

OG John Hannah

C Mike Webster

OG Nate Newton

OT Larry Allen

K Adam Vinatieri

Defense

DE Reggie White

DT Mean Joe Green

DE Bruce Smith

OLB LT

ILB Ray Lewis

ILB Dick Butkus

OLB Derrick Thomas

CB Deion

CB Darrell Green

SS Ronnie Lott

FS Rod Woodson

Punter Pat McAfee lmao 

-I would play a 3-4 with LT and Thomas torturing QB's

Coach Bill Belichick's

I would have Deion return my Punts, Devin Hester Kickoffs.

Hey, Von Miller put on a show in the SB and pretty much single handedly won the SB with his performance, IMO. That was one heck of a show. 

Cam Newton, the first pick in 2011, Von Miller the second pick, so Von was always 2 seconds behind but 2 seconds was all he needed a lot of times. :) 

17 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Bill Parsells did turn his head while LT played. He never made the statement about hating himself till after LT quit playing.

If you honestly think doing crank doesn't make you play better you really don't too much about what crank does and how it effects what a person can do. It makes you act and play exactly how LT played.

Yes LT had all the talent in the world but what he did in his playing days effected him after his football career.

15 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Bill Parsells did turn his head while LT played. He never made the statement about hating himself till after LT quit playing.

If you honestly think doing crank doesn't make you play better you really don't too much about what crank does and how it effects what a person can do. It makes you act and play exactly how LT played.

Yes LT had all the talent in the world but what he did in his playing days effected him after his football career.

I don't recall taylor ever doing meth.   Coke yes,  but not meth

6 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't recall taylor ever doing meth.   Coke yes,  but not meth

Meth and crank are two different things. LT has admitted he started using drugs as a rookie in the NFL. He stated he was using coke, crank and then on to crack. He passed his NFL drug testing by using urine of team mates.

All this has been pretty well documented.

8 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Meth and crank are two different things. LT has admitted he started using drugs as a rookie in the NFL. He stated he was using coke, crank and then on to crack. He passed his NFL drug testing by using urine of team mates.

All this has been pretty well documented.

Crank is one of the many street names  for meth

14 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Crank is simply a street name for meth

https://easyread.drugabuse.gov/content/meth-crank-ice-facts

I am not trying to argue with you but there is a difference between crank and meth.  I already explained to you what the difference is. It may start out as the same but after being processed it becomes two different things. Crank is cut and processed with baking powder or another similar substance and comes out in powder form. It then becomes a lot less potent and cost less.

Meth is processed and is not cut with a substance and comes out in a crystal form. It's cost is much more.

As far as what it is called on the street there are a lot of slang street names for all of it.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not trying to argue with you but there is a difference between crank and meth.  I already explained to you what the difference is. It may start out as the same but after being processed it becomes two different things. Crank is cut and processed with baking powder or another similar substance and comes out in powder form. It then becomes a lot less potent and cost less.

Meth is processed and is not cut with a substance and comes out in a crystal form. It's cost is much more.

As far as what it is called on the street there are a lot of slang street names for all of it.

You are talking  about crystal meth.    I wasn't  talking about crystal meth.   I said crank is the street name for meth,  which is in a powder form

1 hour ago, Blue Shoe Savior 12 said:

Why can't the Colts ever land someone like LT, Reggie White, Ray Lewis, J.J Watt or Von Miller.

25 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We had Freeney and Mathis + Bob Sanders so we have had some great ones.

31 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Because there aren't many like them.   We had freeney and mathis a long time

All that, and because every time we're drafting in the top five we get a once-in-a-generation QB.

46 minutes ago, That Guy said:

All that, and because every time we're drafting in the top five we get a once-in-a-generation QB.

This isn't fun right now but we have had a great franchise and a lot of great times compared to most franchises, especially since 1995. I just take the great with the bad anymore. Andrew will get healthy and Ballard will rebuild us, everything will be fine.