Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texan - bengal game

WoolMagnet

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got back from watching this game. This was possibly the worst game I've ever seen on TV. Not because of the scoring, but because of the horrible coaching from both teams playing not to lose. It was one of those games where both teams were almost trying to outtank each other. Almost every drive until the middle of the 4th quarter was run, run, pass, over and over again. This was just horrible to watch and it seemed like they were just going through the motions. Marvin Lewis may be the only coach that makes Pagano look good. Also, Andy Dalton is on Scott Tolzien's level.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Just got back from watching this game. This was possibly the worst game I've ever seen on TV. Not because of the scoring, but because of the horrible coaching from both teams playing not to lose. It was one of those games where both teams were almost trying to outtank each other. Almost every drive until the middle of the 4th quarter was run, run, pass, over and over again. This was just horrible to watch and it seemed like they were just going through the motions. Marvin Lewis may be the only coach that makes Pagano look good. Also, Andy Dalton is on Scott Tolzien's level.

And yet Marvin Lewis still has a job and has been there so long. This is like his 16th year...He should've been fired years ago. Any other team would've never put up with all the first round playoff losses. 

4 minutes ago, Synthetic said:

And yet Marvin Lewis still has a job and has been there so long. This is like his 16th year...He should've been fired years ago. Any other team would've never put up with all the first round playoff losses. 

I absolutely love your avatar btw, adorable. Is that your dog or something you copied off the internet?

I didn't watch any of this game.. but here are my takes:

Marvin Lewis will die on the sidelines of the Bengals.

Andy Dalton is acting like he's a QB from the 1970's with.. and has a whopping 6 fantasy points this year.

It's a good thing Houston won. Or Bill O'Brien would have picked up and started a 3rd QB in the 3rd game.

Will TNF ever put intriguing games on this slate? We have like 3 maybe 4 good games.

Thursday night football has the Jet and Bills for everyone to see -_-

Thursday night football has the Redskins playing back to back Thursday games ha

Thursday night football should just stop.

Okay all done :thmup:

Three tight ends for Houston cannot play due to the concussion protocol. This would not be the case 8-9 years ago so the new rule has cut in to the Thursday night games. As far as Dalton goes he ran for his life last night as the Bengals are added to the long list of teams with poor offensive lines. Offensive lines will continue to deteriorate because of the college games (two point stance), limited practices and no pad practice. No practice at hitting and blocking with pads results in inexperience playing with pads. It's a formula for quarterbacks getting mauled in the NFL from now on. 

Didn't see the whole game but what I saw last night and the extracts I saw on Red Zone on Sunday make me think that both teams will be picking in the top 6 in the next draft.  Cleveland's GM must be grinning like a Cheshire Cat as he has the Texans 1 & 2 picks next year because of their desperation to find a functional QB and get Osweiler off the roster.

13 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Big win for Houston....shorthanded....rookie QB..no tight ends

.....They have issues..but that's a very big road win

Big in the sense that it is one of the few wins that garbage team will get all season.

As far as the NFL landscape goes, it's not big at all.  A spectacularly unimpressive win eeked out over one of the 3 worst teams in the league is not "big" under any circumstance.

12 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Big in the sense that it is one of the few wins that garbage team will get all season.

As far as the NFL landscape goes, it's not big at all.  A spectacularly unimpressive win eeked out over one of the 3 worst teams in the league is not "big" under any circumstance.

I wish the NFL would've played that one 46-9 game on Thursday night instead of this past Sunday. Maybe that would have been more "intriguing." 

21 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I absolutely love your avatar btw, adorable. Is that your dog or something you copied off the internet?

Oh thank you! It's a golden retriever big dog. A friend of mine sent me the picture some time ago and I just had to save it.

I have 2 dogs, but they are little dachshunds. They do wear clothes around Halloween but it's so hard to find Saints stuff where I live since Alabama wins every year. I'd love to find a scarf to put over one of them for fun.