Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Happy Birthday #12/Practice Squad moves

TKnight24

It's obvious Chris Ballard watched the Week 4 preseason matchup: Giants @ Patriots.

The game that went onto be titled "Jacoby Brissett Had the Greatest Performance in Preseason History"

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/1/16240450/jacoby-brissett-preseason

JACOBY BRISSETT MAKES THE START; 
PLAYS THE ENTIRE GAME AND GOES OVER 300 YARDS

QB Jacoby Brissett started the game and finished 28-of-39 for 341 yards with four touchdowns and one rushing touchdown... 

Brissett led two scoring drives in the first half and completed all of his passes on those drives. He opened the game 4-for-4 for 60 yards, In the second quarter he led a touchdown drive by going 4-for-4 for 71 yards.

(a few days after the game Ballard traded Phillip Dorsett for Brissett)

I watched that entire game on NFL Replay and another player that really stood out against the Giants was: 

CB

42 Moore II, Kenny

(who Ballard also just recently picked up off waivers from N.E.) 

And now we have acquired, WR Devin Lucien

Who also, if you watched this game, you couldn't help but notice...

Had a sensational performance against the Giants backups, and was practically uncoverable.

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/08/31/game-notes-patriots-close-out-preseason-against-giants-13th-time

FIRST-YEAR WR DEVIN LUCIEN CAME UP BIG
WR Devin Lucien led the team with five receptions for 96 yards and one touchdown. He scored on a 12-yard touchdown pass from QB Jacoby Brissett in the third quarter. 
In the fourth quarter he caught a 45-yard pass from Brissett to help get in position for Brissett’s 4-yard touchdown run. 

So we have now acquired three Patriot players, all of which had outstanding performances in their final preseason game. 

1 hour ago, 1959Colts said:

It's obvious Chris Ballard watched the Week 4 preseason matchup: Giants @ Patriots.

The game that went onto be titled "Jacoby Brissett Had the Greatest Performance in Preseason History"

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/1/16240450/jacoby-brissett-preseason

JACOBY BRISSETT MAKES THE START; 
PLAYS THE ENTIRE GAME AND GOES OVER 300 YARDS

QB Jacoby Brissett started the game and finished 28-of-39 for 341 yards with four touchdowns and one rushing touchdown... 

Brissett led two scoring drives in the first half and completed all of his passes on those drives. He opened the game 4-for-4 for 60 yards, In the second quarter he led a touchdown drive by going 4-for-4 for 71 yards.

(a few days after the game Ballard traded Phillip Dorsett for Brissett)

I watched that entire game on NFL Replay and another player that really stood out against the Giants was: 

CB

42 Moore II, Kenny

(who Ballard also just recently picked up off waivers from N.E.) 

And now we have acquired, WR Devin Lucien

Who also, if you watched this game, you couldn't help but notice...

Had a sensational performance against the Giants backups, and was practically uncoverable.

http://www.patriots.com/news/2017/08/31/game-notes-patriots-close-out-preseason-against-giants-13th-time

FIRST-YEAR WR DEVIN LUCIEN CAME UP BIG
WR Devin Lucien led the team with five receptions for 96 yards and one touchdown. He scored on a 12-yard touchdown pass from QB Jacoby Brissett in the third quarter. 
In the fourth quarter he caught a 45-yard pass from Brissett to help get in position for Brissett’s 4-yard touchdown run. 

So we have now acquired three Patriot players, all of which had outstanding performances in their final preseason game. 

Just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I see we signed another ILB to practice squad.

Anyone know if Morrison is injured?

I'm not sure if he's hurt or not. I didn't notice the second year jump I heard about leading up to the opener. He looked a lot like the Morrison I remember. Walker pulled his hamstring I believe. I think it's time to bring Sankey to the active roster. Our ILB'S need to be upgraded badly. 

I have done some homework on Moore too. He makes plays in coverage and against the run. I hope he adjusts quickly and we can get him involved. 

9 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I see we signed another ILB to practice squad.

Anyone know if Morrison is injured?

I am sure Pagano said he hyper-extended his elbow during the game on Sunday but continued to play "effectively with one arm".

Doctors were assessing him today so may hear more soon....

happy birthday Andrew! Your a smart guy. world traveler. Don't risk your health playing Football for this team. As hard as it is to be a Colt fan for the last 50 plus years and saying this, you need to move on from football and use your college degree to build something that will last forever. Bert Jones left himself on the field in Baltimore for this team only to be traded. Hopefully I will get to meet you in Jacksonville this year.

17 hours ago, DaveA1102 said:

I am sure Pagano said he hyper-extended his elbow during the game on Sunday but continued to play "effectively with one arm".

Doctors were assessing him today so may hear more soon....

So, does he chop wood with a hatchett, instead of an axe?