Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jacoby Brissett Must Start in Week 2

BlueShoe

17 minutes ago, fire cartier said:

Now CBS Sports’ Jason La Canfora reports that Luck is several weeks away from being game-ready

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/m/ef0b786f-4f06-392a-9315-eff417e367d3/ss_report%3A-andrew-luck-still.html

Nothing new, local radio guys who are generally plugged in have been saying this for over a month. Reports were that he'll be close to returning to practice before the Browns game then will need a few weeks of practice before being game ready.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

I don't understand why some in this thread are acting like Ballard should get no blame for Tolzein. 

Ballard is literally the GM. He could cut Scott anytime he wants too, but yet he was and is still here. He does not have to keep him even if Pagano was wanting him too.

Unless Jim Irsay is involved...

23 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Watch . . . 

Pagano is going to talk like he's not sure about the starter next week.  Say something about watching film or some crap like that.  

Scott Tolzien is going to get the majority of the 1st team reps in practice Wednesday and Thursday.  During those days Pagano will talk about "competition" and "chopping wood" and "next man up"  Talk about how well Tolzien prepares, how smart he is, and how well he knows the offense.  

Friday Pagano says "Scott Tolzien is our starter against Arizona."  Tolzien will again throw more touchdown passes to the other team then to his own team.  Brissett will come in again once the game is firmly out of hand.  Do decently well under the circumstances. . . But the Colts lose by 30+ points.  Andrew Luck will again stare helplessly up at the scoreboard thinking "I sure do hope Ballard drafts me a decent OL, or improves the defense after all of this."

Rinse - Repeat.

Get used to it Gentlemen. . . it's going to be like this for a while.   

I think you're 100% right.  And one of the reasons is, if the Colts go to Brissett in week 2, when he may know about 20-30% of the play book, you can't go back to Tolzien.  I mean, Tolzien is the least comfortable human being I've seen in any situation when he's on the field - you can't go back to him if Brissett fails, gets hurt, or quits when he too realizes he isn't going to be protected by that grade-school OL.  Tolzien, once pulled, should never, ever again, see a football field.  The Colts can't do that this week.  Unless they sign Morris today, soon. 

And one other thing, I can't wrap my head around the organization not getting a veteran QB when they had to know this could turn into weeks, a month, more.  But having screwed that up, they compound the problem by removing Luck from the PUP list,  Another horrible decision.  By all accounts now it's going to be 4-6 weeks.  How can one front office bungle something this important so badly, not once, but twice?????  

So so frustrating...

3 hours ago, Dingus McGirt said:

At least more exciting, eh?

Exactly!  He has the size, he obviously has the arm (50 yarder to Moncrief) and he can scramble and use his legs.  He gives them a better chance even if he's only been there for a little over a week. I am sure he's learned from Tom Brady too, Brady said he'd miss working with Brissett. 

12 hours ago, DougDew said:

Rick Venturi calls Brissett another third string QB.

disagree with that, i think hes at least second string material with upside higher than that

venturi is just mad that we gave up on dorsett, and its giving him a very biased opinion of brisett

i think dorsett is just another back up WR myself 

12 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

disagree with that, i think hes at least second string material with upside higher than that

venturi is just mad that we gave up on dorsett, and its giving him a very biased opinion of brisett

i think dorsett is just another back up WR myself 

Who knows if or why Venturi would be biased.  They are probably of equal value, hence the straight up trade.   So I guess Dorsett  should be thought of as a 2nd round pick instead of a late first.

Brissett will be up to speed about the time Luck will be ready to play, but Luck won't have Dorsett as an option.  But we'll have a backup QB ready on the bench if he gets hurt again.

As I said in another post, with Tolzien having the entire offseason to prepare with the starters, this outing proves that you could literally start any other QB on any other NFL roster and have at least as good a chance as with this guy. Play Jacoby, bring Morris back or someone else to back him up and get this dead weight out of the discussion. C'mon Ballard do some of that GM stuff. I can't stand much more of this.

On 9/10/2017 at 7:51 PM, jvan1973 said:

Why isn't he getting any criticism?  

He's probably evaluating whether the coaching staff is capable of making their own decisions to see if he wants to fire them or not. I think this week was a clear indication the staff is clueless to what needs to be done

1 hour ago, ColtsBlitz said:

He's probably evaluating whether the coaching staff is capable of making their own decisions to see if he wants to fire them or not. I think this week was a clear indication the staff is clueless to what needs to be done

Exactly. If Ballard allowed this to continue and did not make a change at the end of the season then it would be on him. 

It's safe to say the coaches are not doing too well on the 2017 evaluation. Might have to bring in the Bob's soon. 

1j63pr.jpg