Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Week One Colts vs. Rams Prediction Thread

RockThatBlue

I'm actually really impressed with this thread.     Most people are very realistic about our chances. 

Could we win?    Yes.   

But it is it likely?   No.

I see Rams 20-13.    But I wouldn't be shocked if we found a way to win.    It's just not probable.     If we played the Rams 10 times they'd likely beat us 7 times.     But in a one game deal like this, we've got a punchers chance.

But  if/when we lose the forums will likely be brutal...

11 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I'm actually really impressed with this thread.     Most people are very realistic about our chances. 

Could we win?    Yes.   

I see Rams 20-13.    But I wouldn't be shocked if we found a way to win.    It's just not probable.     If we played the Rams 10 times they'd likely beat us 7 times.     But in a one game deal like this, we've got a punchers chance.

Likely? Likely be brutal? Maybe not quite an "understatement of the year" candidate...but maybe it could be understatement congeniality or something lol. 

If a meteor dropped into the stadium and splattered our roster there would still be people figuratively crucifying  pagano. 

If the score was 17-16 colts. on the final play of the game, rams get the ball on the colts 45 yard line. Goff attempts a hail Mary but Simon hits his arm and ball goes flying...no one even close. Ballard runs onto the field, catches the ball. Colts unsportsmanlike penalty. Rams accept, kick a FG and win the game. "THAT * pagano!!! Fire him NOW!   he shouldve have WAY had more than a 1 point lead.  Get this clown oit of here!"

I am exaggerating of course. Lol....but not as much as I should be

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Could we win?    Yes.   

I will still stick with 17-13 Colts, yeah I know I am homer but this is winnable. Tolzein though :dunno:

I've got 16-6 Rams. 

Wade Philips has a trend where in the first year, his defenses are amazing and rise to a top 5 unit. The Rams do have talent defensively, so he should be able to shape them up. 

The Colts have so many issues at hand, and while I can't stand Goff and think he's a major bust, I don't see where the Colts defense is really going to stop him...

I really have no idea what to expect.  My expectations are kinda low (mainly due to no Luck...... literally).  But then that Steeler game gives me some hope and optimism.  

If we can somewhat limit the running game, set the edge especially, i think we have a chance.  The defense has been active with turnovers so hopefully that will continue.  Gore looks ready and i'm excited to see turbin and mack.  If tolzien can protect the ball and make some 1st down throws, that may be all we need.

Gott is a wildcard.  Gurley is for real.

STOP THE RUN to have a chance, especially in this game. With tolzien (or any backup really) , we need extra possesions and time of possession could kill us.

I'll be optimistic we pull it out somehow with help from the D.

i'll go  20 - 16. 

21 hours ago, NDcolt said:

Heart says 17-14 Colts but brain is smarter than the ole heart, 31-10 Rams.  

Its looking to be a lot worse than that. 

It's just another day in the life of pagano. Was willing to give him a chance. Off to a rough start. Wouldn't put it past chris to use the same logic of thinking right now when comparing to players. If you do bad bye bye. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...