Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Narcosys

Horseshoe Blue PPR 2017

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

My fellow Americans, you'll have to excuse me, there's an opening in a PPR league in the next room.

 

Image result for kicking down the door gif

 

@Narcosys  I'm in.

 

LOL, your my new favorite member. Unfortunately you're probably going to be drafting last if everyone else joins from last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

LOL, your my new favorite member. Unfortunately you're probably going to be drafting last if everyone else joins from last year.

 

I see the draft is "offline".  Is it the "snake" format?  I would actually like drafting last if it means I get two picks in a row each time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

 

I see the draft is "offline".  Is it the "snake" format?  I would actually like drafting last if it means I get two picks in a row each time.

 

Yes it is snake.  The date and time will be set later once all teams are filled and we can pick a good date.  Should be able to view the league rules and get the jist of everything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 So I've 9/10 slots confirmed. Going to be sending out another notification here soon.  Keep to see if another spot opens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bluefire4 said:

Sure why not.

Awesome,  thanks. 

 

Do you, or anyone else,  have any ideas or changes they may like to see?

 

Thoughts on how it was run last year?

 

@BPindy @IndyD4U @Btown_Colt @Coltman51

 

@Lucky Colts Fan , you weren't here last year but do you have any thoughts after looking things over?

 

 

Also, how long do we want to give @PuntersArePeopleToo before we start to look for a replacement?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy with the settings, waiver order, etc.. PuntersArePeopleToo hasn't visited the forum since 8/14/2016.

 

I say cut the cord now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody open to making TD passes 6 points for QBs? Makes the difference between good/bad QBs a little more realistic and makes the first few rounds of the draft a bit more interesting IMO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2017 at 5:32 PM, BPindy said:

Anybody open to making TD passes 6 points for QBs? Makes the difference between good/bad QBs a little more realistic and makes the first few rounds of the draft a bit more interesting IMO

@Narcosys

I'd be ok with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2017 at 10:32 PM, BPindy said:

Anybody open to making TD passes 6 points for QBs? Makes the difference between good/bad QBs a little more realistic and makes the first few rounds of the draft a bit more interesting IMO

 

As the league manager I don't consider myself to have too much of a vote, but I can see how it helps non mobile QB's compete against the more mobile,  but less throwing ones.  

 

Again, I try to get a super majority before I make any changes. Which in this instance it's 7 votes out of 10.

 

Can I get a vote on this?

 

I have @BPindy and @Lucky Colts Fan

Voting for.  

 

I will ask my wife and my friend for theirs. 

 

@IndyD4U @Bluefire4 @Btown_Colt @Coltman51

 

What do you say?

 

I will also go ahead and remove Punters from the league. 

 

 

 

So you anyone else reading this,  we have an opening.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

 

As the league manager I don't consider myself to have too much of a vote, but I can see how it helps non mobile QB's compete against the more mobile,  but less throwing ones.  

 

Again, I try to get a super majority before I make any changes. Which in this instance it's 7 votes out of 10.

 

Can I get a vote on this?

 

I have @BPindy and @Lucky Colts Fan

Voting for.  

 

I will ask my wife and my friend for theirs. 

 

@IndyD4U @Bluefire4 @Btown_Colt @Coltman51

 

What do you say?

 

I will also go ahead and remove Punters from the league. 

 

 

 

So you anyone else reading this,  we have an opening.

 

I'll vote yea for that

 

It does make draft strategy more interesting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

 

As the league manager I don't consider myself to have too much of a vote, but I can see how it helps non mobile QB's compete against the more mobile,  but less throwing ones.  

 

Again, I try to get a super majority before I make any changes. Which in this instance it's 7 votes out of 10.

 

Can I get a vote on this?

 

I have @BPindy and @Lucky Colts Fan

Voting for.  

 

I will ask my wife and my friend for theirs. 

 

@IndyD4U @Bluefire4 @Btown_Colt @Coltman51

 

What do you say?

 

I will also go ahead and remove Punters from the league. 

 

 

 

So you anyone else reading this,  we have an opening.

Yes for me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BPindy, @Lucky Colts Fan, @IndyD4U, @Bluefire4, @Btown_Colt, @Coltman51

 

Currently our draft order will be reverse order of last years final rankings (from championship, not overall season). With how I did it last year, if there was a vacancy I would give people the option to move up or down, and once all that was settled, allow the new people to get the spot that is left.

 

I could continue to do this, or is there a different way you want to set up the draft?  In another thread they suggested the reverse order pick their positions.  Any thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's all welcome @chad72. He has graciously volunteered to fill in our 10th spot.  I'll start working on draft orders and filling in the gaps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Let's all welcome @chad72. He has graciously volunteered to fill in our 10th spot.  I'll start working on draft orders and filling in the gaps. 

 

I am in, thanks for having me. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@BPindy, @Lucky Colts Fan, @IndyD4U, @Bluefire4, @Btown_Colt, @Coltman51, @chad72

 

its still quite early to know for sure, but what timeframe is everyone looking at to do the draft. I prefer the last two weekends in August (18th - 20th / 25th - 27th) or the first weekend of September (1st - 3rd). 

 

Also, please let me know what time zones you are in. It will be trickier this year and may have an odd time so be flexible. I am working out of the Greenwich mean time zone. That means I am 5 hours ahead of you in the East coast and 8 hours ahead of you in the west coast. However, I promise to get the best possible time for everyone. It might be an afternoon (1pm - 3pm CST) A night time one would be quite difficult for three of us to pull off (three members are in Europe). But I understand the difficulties of trying to conduct a draft with children, that's why nap time or bed time can be best.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@BPindy, @Lucky Colts Fan, @IndyD4U, @Bluefire4, @Btown_Colt, @Coltman51, @chad72

 

its still quite early to know for sure, but what timeframe is everyone looking at to do the draft. I prefer the last two weekends in August (18th - 20th / 25th - 27th) or the first weekend of September (1st - 3rd). 

 

Also, please let me know what time zones you are in. It will be trickier this year and may have an odd time so be flexible. I am working out of the Greenwich mean time zone. That means I am 5 hours ahead of you in the East coast and 8 hours ahead of you in the west coast. However, I promise to get the best possible time for everyone. It might be an afternoon (1pm - 3pm CST) A night time one would be quite difficult for three of us to pull off (three members are in Europe). But I understand the difficulties of trying to conduct a draft with children, that's why nap time or bed time can be best.

 

 

September 2nd, that the scheduled time shows is fine with me, from 1 - 4 pm ET.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think that Sunday afternoon, Sept 3rd would be best.  It will be the only Sunday without football games to watch anyway, might as well do the draft then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As usual, it makes no difference to me. I'm pretty flexible so I'll just go with what everyone decides. I am in the Eastern time zone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure we don't clash with the CFF Elite league draft time. 

 

(OR)

 

Make a decision on the time in this league first so that those that are in both leagues can be clear about their availability for the draft in the other league. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/17/2017 at 6:24 PM, chad72 said:

Just make sure we don't clash with the CFF Elite league draft time. 

 

(OR)

 

Make a decision on the time in this league first so that those that are in both leagues can be clear about their availability for the draft in the other league. :) 

Can you do September 3rd?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Can you do September 3rd?

 

Yeah, I can do September 3rd, I am fine with anywhere between 1 and 5 pm ET. I am afraid both leagues are going to end up on September 3rd with 6 hours of my day spent on FF drafts. :) 

 

Regardless, setting a time helps us all plan for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, chad72 said:

 

Yeah, I can do September 3rd, I am fine with anywhere between 1 and 5 pm ET. I am afraid both leagues are going to end up on September 3rd with 6 hours of my day spent on FF drafts. :) 

 

Regardless, setting a time helps us all plan for it.

 

I haven't seen the scheduling from the other leagues. That sucks. If that is the case then we can try to reschedule for the 2nd if everyone else can make it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

 

I haven't seen the scheduling from the other leagues. That sucks. If that is the case then we can try to reschedule for the 2nd if everyone else can make it.

 

Go ahead and schedule this for September 3rd, the other league has not scheduled anything yet. Then, I can ask the other league for an alternate date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

@BPindy, @Lucky Colts Fan, @IndyD4U, @Bluefire4, @Btown_Colt, @Coltman51, @chad72

 

So September 3rd will be our date.  Give me a good 2-3 hour block of time that you will be available to conduct the draft and I will finalize it in our settings. Thank you.

September 3rd is not really a good day for me but if anything I will have my draft queue set up. 1PM-4PM may be the best timeframe for me but even then I may have to exit early.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • You see how that's a conflation of two separate issues? (With a sprinkling of a third issue, tbh.)   1) Team A picking at #15 might have a problem with Hockenson, maybe their evaluation of his talent or character or whatever. Maybe they have a second round grade on him. Team B picking at #26 might have Hockenson as a top ten player on their board. And maybe a handful of other teams between those two have higher grades on different players that align with their needs, or maybe they aren't disciplined in their approach or have different draft philosophies. Maybe some of those teams don't see positional value in TEs, so they pass on Hockenson, leaving him available at #26. Again, the point is that not every team has the same board, and there are many reasons why that might be the case.   2) You're adding in the quality of the evaluation. Team B might think more highly of the player than anyone else, and maybe they're right and he turns out to be a stud. Maybe they're wrong, and he's a dud. But that's a question of player evaluation, not draft strategy.   3) Gronk was a second rounder himself. And he's turning out to be one of the best TEs in NFL history. Anyone saying 'Hockenson is the next Gronk' isn't being an honest evaluator, and I don't want my GM drafting players because he's convinced they'll be the next HOF player at any position. The odds stacked heavily against that. (I said the same last year to everyone claiming Barkley was a guaranteed HOFer who would singlehandedly elevate any offense to the top of the league.) That's a way to rationalize drafting a player you're in love with. It's not a disciplined draft strategy.
    • Agreed. My over arching point to BPA vs needs discussion is that the terms themselves can have different meanings, so the various good points made can get lost in the wash.   But I do think the preponderance of thinking lists BPA agnostic of attributes for a given scheme, which is how the national websites tend to do it.  So when GMs pick the 45th ranked player with pick 33, many criticize the pick as "reaching" for a need because they they don't stop to think that 5 or 6 players ranked in between weren't even considered a good fit for the team to begin with.   
    • Him and Lewis will elevate that draft class even higher. 
    • You're putting your own "spin" on this.  It has everything to do with what Ballard chose to do.   Ballard could have prevented his players from hitting free agency at all by overpaying them in the first place.   He doesn't want to overpay, so he "allows" them to hit free agency, find out that no team will overpay, then "brings" them back at their true value.
    • Yes I know, I wasn't going to list all possibilities.  I just listed one possibility to illustrate there is more to it than one person "letting" him test the market then "bringing" him back.     My point was about the tone of the comment coupled with the lack of substance supporting the tone of the comment.   But I see throughout the thread that typical sensitivities about broader things have surfaced so y'all carry on.
  • Members

    • Scott Pennock

      Scott Pennock 1,184

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • CamMo

      CamMo 705

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • dew5150

      dew5150 85

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • IndyD4U

      IndyD4U 2,926

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Dr. T

      Dr. T 266

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • coltsfansince65

      coltsfansince65 1,217

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • chad72

      chad72 9,138

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • PeterBowman

      PeterBowman 2,669

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ColtsBlueFL

      ColtsBlueFL 5,128

      Moderators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • DougDew

      DougDew 2,945

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active: