Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Horseshoe Blue PPR 2017

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, Narcosys said:

In a division less league, you just cycle through your beginning schedule. At least that's standard. Not sure there's a setting to randomize it.

Yeah, let us just take divisions out. If you can add 2 teams to make it 12, then 6 teams can make the playoffs too. That way, only 2 teams would have to be played a second time. Just like the Colts elite league.

44 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, let us just take divisions out. If you can add 2 teams to make it 12, then 6 teams can make the playoffs too. That way, only 2 teams would have to be played a second time. Just like the Colts elite league.

Ok, that would be something to vote one, the increase to 12 teams that is. But it is something I have thought of in the past to bring up. Thanks.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

Looking at our schedule, even in a league with divisions it still circles back around. So divisions are pointless.

On 11/3/2017 at 2:00 PM, Narcosys said:

Looking at our schedule, even in a league with divisions it still circles back around. So divisions are pointless.

Hey Josh, I doubt I will participate in this PPR league next year. I’m in 4 leagues and it’s taking too much time this year, my wife doesn’t like it.

Just wanted to let you know ahead of time. Sorry about that.

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Well that got out of hand real quick. So much for close game.

Yea it didn’t look good for me at the start. AJ Green getting ejected in the 1st quarter hurts. I also watched Julio Jones drop a 30 or 40 yard TD. He was wide open and the ball hit him right in the hands, he just dropped it. Those 2 things don’t happen and I think you win. 

I was kicking my self for playing Jaguars D then they finally got that punt return for a TD that saved me.

9 hours ago, Btown_Colt said:

Yea it didn’t look good for me at the start. AJ Green getting ejected in the 1st quarter hurts. I also watched Julio Jones drop a 30 or 40 yard TD. He was wide open and the ball hit him right in the hands, he just dropped it. Those 2 things don’t happen and I think you win. 

I was kicking my self for playing Jaguars D then they finally got that punt return for a TD that saved me.

Oh ya, aj green hurt real bad. But I watched it happen, so I don't blame him.

• 3 weeks later...

@Btown_Colt, @chad72 @Lucky Colts Fan @IndyD4U @BPindy @Bluefire4 @WarGhost21

I sent out a league email about a possible tiebreaker rule change, but just incase you have it set to spam or not your main account. Here is what I sent.

So I have an idea on changing tiebreakers. I tend to like looking over the standings and seeing what everyones points for (PF) and points against (PA). Seeing who is winning or losing close PF/PA and who has had the easiest and hardest schedules (they are trophies afterall). 

While doing this I thought of the tiebreaker, that being PF, and thought there might be a better way breaking ties, to be more fair and inline with your level of competition.

The thinking is that the tiebreaker should be decided by PA and not PF.  Now, hear me out. Some say you can control PF but not PA, however it is all chance so that's not really true. Plus, your opponent generally is putting the same amount of effort into his team as you are yours.

When deciding tie breakers by PA, you are rewarding people who have won in spite of their tough schedule, instead of rewarding those who have had the easier schedule. The 1st and 2nd place teams are the perfect example.

Team Trueblood sits at first with an 8-3 record and 1517.3 points while Team hulce sits at the same record but with 1441.9 points.

However, truebloods PA is only 1257.2 (3rd lowest in the league), he should be winning those games.

Team Hulce has 1447.6 PA (3rd highest in the league). He has won in spite of his tougher schedule.

Now given, if you have a few crazy game (like Luck be a Lady and Shivakamini Somakandarkram this week....sheesh) and you win close game, then it could skew the tiebreaker in your favor. However, this generally does not occur that often and will most likely have just as many teams that bottom out against you as well. Please let me know what you think, should it remain PF and make more sense, since you control your team; or should it change to PA cause it seems more fair to those who have the tougher schedule? Thank you.

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

@Btown_Colt, @chad72 @Lucky Colts Fan @IndyD4U @BPindy @Bluefire4 @WarGhost21

I sent out a league email about a possible tiebreaker rule change, but just incase you have it set to spam or not your main account. Here is what I sent.

So I have an idea on changing tiebreakers. I tend to like looking over the standings and seeing what everyones points for (PF) and points against (PA). Seeing who is winning or losing close PF/PA and who has had the easiest and hardest schedules (they are trophies afterall). 

While doing this I thought of the tiebreaker, that being PF, and thought there might be a better way breaking ties, to be more fair and inline with your level of competition.

The thinking is that the tiebreaker should be decided by PA and not PF.  Now, hear me out. Some say you can control PF but not PA, however it is all chance so that's not really true. Plus, your opponent generally is putting the same amount of effort into his team as you are yours.

When deciding tie breakers by PA, you are rewarding people who have won in spite of their tough schedule, instead of rewarding those who have had the easier schedule. The 1st and 2nd place teams are the perfect example.

Team Trueblood sits at first with an 8-3 record and 1517.3 points while Team hulce sits at the same record but with 1441.9 points.

However, truebloods PA is only 1257.2 (3rd lowest in the league), he should be winning those games.

Team Hulce has 1447.6 PA (3rd highest in the league). He has won in spite of his tougher schedule.

Now given, if you have a few crazy game (like Luck be a Lady and Shivakamini Somakandarkram this week....sheesh) and you win close game, then it could skew the tiebreaker in your favor. However, this generally does not occur that often and will most likely have just as many teams that bottom out against you as well. Please let me know what you think, should it remain PF and make more sense, since you control your team; or should it change to PA cause it seems more fair to those who have the tougher schedule? Thank you.

I disagree with the bolded statement. Most good teams score consistently to a certain average. If Hulce was so good, he should have been able to control what his team scored better. On average Team Trueblood scored more, period. 2 out of 3 losses for Hulce, he scored 98.4 and 101.6, well below his season average, also the weeks his opponent scored 144 and 163 respectively, thus making the PA lop sided in his favor if we were to agree to your theory. So, he was not even competitive, I could clearly make that argument there. Since Week 5, Team Trueblood has not scored below 137.

Since teams change, and there is a lot of flux during the course of a season with waiver moves and trades, we are not talking about same teams over the course of a season either. So, the only true gauge of how a player has adapted is how they have continued to score and improve i.e. control their own team. PA is just as much chance in reality as PF but PF is something a team GM can control to an extent by playing match ups.

That is why PF should remain as tie-breaker over PA, IMO. Again, since teams change so much, the strength of schedule changes too if a good team goes bad or if a bad team goes good. The safest barometer is PF. That is my vote.

2 hours ago, chad72 said:

I disagree with the bolded statement. Most good teams score consistently to a certain average. If Hulce was so good, he should have been able to control what his team scored better. On average Team Trueblood scored more, period. 2 out of 3 losses for Hulce, he scored 98.4 and 101.6, well below his season average, also the weeks his opponent scored 144 and 163 respectively, thus making the PA lop sided in his favor if we were to agree to your theory. So, he was not even competitive, I could clearly make that argument there. Since Week 5, Team Trueblood has not scored below 137.

Since teams change, and there is a lot of flux during the course of a season with waiver moves and trades, we are not talking about same teams over the course of a season either. So, the only true gauge of how a player has adapted is how they have continued to score and improve i.e. control their own team. PA is just as much chance in reality as PF but PF is something a team GM can control to an extent by playing match ups.

That is why PF should remain as tie-breaker over PA, IMO. Again, since teams change so much, the strength of schedule changes too if a good team goes bad or if a bad team goes good. The safest barometer is PF. That is my vote.

I concur

5 hours ago, chad72 said:

Good teams consistently score, but you don't face those good teams consistently. That is what I meant.

His two lopsided losses were exactly the example I was talking about, but I see your point on him not being competitive in those.

That second half makes complete sense, something I hadn't considered. Thank you for your feedback.

18 hours ago, chad72 said:

@Narcosys I also agree with this

I don't like PA as a tiebreaker.  It's basically based on luck since you can't play "defense" in Fantasy.  I think PF should stay the tiebreaker.

PA would be irrelevant if the two actually played.  Isn't that what a statistical tiebreaker is?  "If the two teams actually played, this is why Team A would theoretically win."

If Team A has the most PF (Trueblood) and theoretically plays Team B (Hulce), and both put up their average PF/game, then Team A wins because they score more points on average, so Team A should win any sort of tiebreaker.  PF is the only logical barometer in Fantasy.

9 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I'm currently flying back to the US from the UK. Have about 18 hours of total travel. Trophies this week will be delayed a few days as I recover and have business to take care of. 

Don't sweat too much, man!!!

Maybe next time, do an actual trophy and mail it to the guy that wins it!!! :thmup:

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

I am wondering about these trophies. I guess I'm not sure what we are talking about when they are mentioned. Can someone please elaborate on that for me, and also where I can see these trophies? Thanks!

Its the virtual trophies assigned each week. You can see them assigned at the league homepage. But I dont think you can access them on the mobile app. 

On your team page, underneath the tabs, on the right side you can see the word trophies.

Click that and our takes you to your team trophy page. From there you can look at trophy leaders and the full trophy catalog. 

13 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Its the virtual trophies assigned each week. You can see them assigned at the league homepage. But I dont think you can access them on the mobile app. 

On your team page, underneath the tabs, on the right side you can see the word trophies.

Click that and our takes you to your team trophy page. From there you can look at trophy leaders and the full trophy catalog. 

I see it now. I had been using the app so that explains it! Thanks!

@BPindy @Lucky Colts Fan @IndyD4U @Bluefire4 @Btown_Colt @Coltman51 @chad72

Ok so I have posted week 13 and 14 trophies as well as the season trophies. Took awhile as the airline crushed my laptop and I had to replace. I will be posting team names too because the document that I have that tracks owners and teams, is on my crushed computer. A few season awards will be awarded later once I can recover my documents: the longest win streak, the longest losing streak, most injuries in a season, most improved player, biggest bust award, most trophies, and fewest trophies).

So for the season awards, they are as follows. Congrats to all and good luck in the playoffs.

Season Champion: Warghost21

Division Winners: Warghost21 & Team Trueblood

I'm the Juggernaut B*! (Most PF): Team Trueblood (1940.3 PF)

What The Hell Was That All About (most PA): Luck Be A Lady (1887.8 PA)

Well That Was Easy (fewest PA): Shivakamini Somakandarkram (1562 PA)

Tim Tebow Memorial Trophy (fewest PF): My Lucky Flip Phone (1476.9 PF)

The Chimera (Best QB, WR, RB trio). Shivakamini Somakandarkram (T. Brady, L. Bell, K. Allen).

MVP (highest scoring player): Warghost21 (R. Wilson, 359.3 pts)

Phoenix Award (Biggest season to season rank increase): Team Trueblood (6 positions, from 8th to 2nd)

Oh How the Mighty Have Fallen (biggest season to season decrease): $20 Million Hooker (5 positions, 3rd to 8th)

Jerome Bettis Award (Least fumbles): Team Hulce (M. Gordon, 0 Fumbles in 229 attempts)

Butterfingers Award (Most fumbles: Team Trueblood (T. Gurley, 5 fumbles in 236 attempts)

Mr. Stickum (least drop rate): Team Trueblood (L. Fitzgeral, 1 drop to 87 catches)

Stone Hands (highest dropt rate): Warghost21 (D. Thomas, 7 drops to 68 catches)

Old Faithful (highest scoring players for QB, RB, WR, TE):

- Warghost21: Russell Wilson

- Shivakamini Somakandarkram: Leveon Bell

- My Lucky Flip Phone: Antonio Brown

- My Nut Zack Ertz: Travis Kelce

Frequent Shopper (Most waiver claims): Axel F (46 acquisitions)

Like a Rock (Fewest waiver claims): My Nut Zack Ertz (11 acquisitions)

Thanks again to everyone for playing this season, look forward to playing with you again next season. Still haven't gotten all the votes in for the possible rules changes for next season so look forward to discussing that this season if we don't settle it.  (Defensive scoring changes, Draft position changes, Division changes).

3 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Ok so I have posted week 13 and 14 trophies as well as the season trophies. Took awhile as the airline crushed my laptop and I had to replace. I will be posting team names too because the document that I have that tracks owners and teams, is on my crushed computer. A few season awards will be awarded later once I can recover my documents: the longest win streak, the longest losing streak, most injuries in a season, most improved player, biggest bust award, most trophies, and fewest trophies).

So for the season awards, they are as follows. Congrats to all and good luck in the playoffs.

The Chimera (Best QB, WR, RB trio). Shivakamini Somakandarkram (T. Brady, L. Bell, K. Allen).

Phoenix Award (Biggest season to season rank increase): Team Trueblood (6 positions, from 8th to 2nd)

Oh How the Mighty Have Fallen (biggest season to season decrease): $20 Million Hooker (5 positions, 3rd to 8th)

Jerome Bettis Award (Least fumbles): Team Hulce (M. Gordon, 0 Fumbles in 229 attempts)

Butterfingers Award (Most fumbles: Team Trueblood (T. Gurley, 5 fumbles in 236 attempts)

Mr. Stickum (least drop rate): Team Trueblood (L. Fitzgeral, 1 drop to 87 catches)

Thanks again to everyone for playing this season, look forward to playing with you again next season. Still haven't gotten all the votes in for the possible rules changes for next season so look forward to discussing that this season if we don't settle it.  (Defensive scoring changes, Draft position changes, Division changes).

Thanks for keeping up on this. Like I said before, I won't be part of this PPR league next year. :)

Thanks for letting me be a part of it. We can still discuss FF advice.

10 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Like Chad said, thanks for keeping this rolling. I had a blast and hope to have a great time again next year. I'm really shocked that I won overall because everyone did so fantastically! Even when I put up 170 last week, I only won by 15 points! This was the most fun I have ever had in a Fantasy League! Good luck the rest of the way to everyone! On to the Playoffs!!

9 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Like Chad said, thanks for keeping this rolling. I had a blast and hope to have a great time again next year. I'm really shocked that I won overall because everyone did so fantastically! Even when I put up 170 last week, I only won by 15 points! This was the most fun I have ever had in a Fantasy League! Good luck the rest of the way to everyone! On to the Playoffs!!

Couple years ago the best record was 7-6. It was super competitive. Three ties to boot, bit that was before decimal scoring. Definitely one of the most challenging league I've been in.

Here are the remaining trophies

King of the Hill (longest win streak): Team Trueblood, for 5 wins in a row

2008 Detroit Lions (Longest losing streak): Axel F, for 5 losses in a row

Red Cross Award (Most injuries): Team Hulce, with 9 injuries.

Jamarcus Russell Award (Biggest Bust): Indy Bluefire, for David Johnson.

Most Improved Player: Luck Be A Lady, kai forbath, increased his pre-season to final season rankings 172 positions.

Starless Night (Fewest trophy stars): My Lucky Flip phone, only achieved 5 overall stars.

Forming your own Galaxy (Most trophy Stars): Team Trueblood, achieved 37 overall trophy stars.

As a side note: Warghost21 will be receiving the Peyton Manning award for going one and done in the playoffs as a division Champion.

If team hulce wins it all, he will be getting the Beginning of A Dynasty Award, for winning 2 of the past three league championships.

Congratulations to @Btown_Colt for winning the 2017 Horseshoe Blue championship! Decisively so as well. 

However, the 3rd place game is still undecided, and could be close. 

Maybe next year we can think of something to send out or add names to. 

I'll be looking forward to next year and trying to regain my mojo, went from 2nd two years in a row to 9th. I could blame the julio Jones trade as I lost the next 4/6 games.

You guys made this year extremely challenging and fun, and I truly appreciate all your hard work and dedication as we did not have any mid-season quitters this year.

Good luck to @chad72 as he won't be able to join us next year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else again next year, hope you all have had a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa, and a happy new year.

@BPindy, @WarGhost21, @IndyD4U, @Bluefire4, @Lucky Colts Fan

11 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Congratulations to @Btown_Colt for winning the 2017 Horseshoe Blue championship! Decisively so as well. 

However, the 3rd place game is still undecided, and could be close. 

Maybe next year we can think of something to send out or add names to. 

I'll be looking forward to next year and trying to regain my mojo, went from 2nd two years in a row to 9th. I could blame the julio Jones trade as I lost the next 4/6 games.

You guys made this year extremely challenging and fun, and I truly appreciate all your hard work and dedication as we did not have any mid-season quitters this year.

Good luck to @chad72 as he won't be able to join us next year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone else again next year, hope you all have had a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, happy Kwanzaa, and a happy new year.

@BPindy, @WarGhost21, @IndyD4U, @Bluefire4, @Lucky Colts Fan

Thanks for running this league. I am looking forward to next year already.