Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

College Football 2017-2018 thread

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

ND scores TD after a Sam Darnold fumble. 7-0 ND

Wow! Sammy fumbled. ND might be the real deal this year. I have actually always been a Husker fan since the 80's but already told you that but I do like ND - most people do here in Indiana. Huskers lost 56-14 against OSU last week lmao man they stink. I miss the 80's and 90's.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow! Sammy fumbled. ND might be the real deal this year. I have actually always been a Husker fan since the 80's but already told you that but I do like ND - most people do here in Indiana. Huskers lost 56-14 against OSU last week lmao man they stink. I miss the 80's and 90's.

I meant last week and that was at Nebraska.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Wow! Sammy fumbled. ND might be the real deal this year. I have actually always been a Husker fan since the 80's but already told you that but I do like ND - most people do here in Indiana. Huskers lost 56-14 against OSU today lmao man they stink. I miss the 80's and 90's.

The days of Tom Osborne and Tommie Frazier

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Before that they had Rozier in the 80's and the 87 team had Steve Taylor but the 90's is where they finally won. Penn St destroying Michigan right now. 

Did Nebraska also have Eric Crouch? I sometimes got him mixed up with Tim Couch.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah they had Eric. My favorite Nebraska team was 1987, they should've won it all that season. Still bugs me how they lost to Oklahoma at Lincoln. They were beating everyone like 70-7 that season.

Now that was way before my football-watching days. haha I started watching in the early 90s.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Neil Smith was also on that 87 team. Don't get me wrong IMO the 95 team was the best ever but I loved the players on that 87 team.

That is 30 years ago! Was Osborne the head coach then? I vaguely recall pundits saying Osborne "could not win the big game". You remember?

ND is now up 14-0, about to punt to USC on 4th and 29. 

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

That is 30 years ago! Was Osborne the head coach then? I vaguely recall pundits saying Osborne "could not win the big game". You remember?

ND is now up 14-0, about to punt to USC on 4th and 29. 

Yes Osborne was there. The 83 team was regarded as the best team ever going into the Title Game but they lost 31-30 to Miami. Then the 87 team was another chance but the Huskers failed. The mid 90's is when they finally won it all. I started following College Football because of that 83 team.

30 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Barkley might be the best college RB I have ever seen. I think he may even be better than Reggie Bush. 

Reggie Bush was a great college RB. Barkley is better? I have to watch him. This is the firat time I am watching him play. What do you like about him (why do you think he is the best)?

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Reggie Bush was a great college RB. Barkley is better? I have to watch him. This is the firat time I am watching him play. What do you like about him (why do you think he is the best)?

Honestly its hard to really explain. He just does everything so well. 

47 minutes ago, MTC said:

As a Rutgers fan, I couldn't be more happy with today's win over Purdue. Although Jerry Kill's offense has been super conservative. 

Congrats! My sister-in-law is a Rutgers alum.

Jerry Kill was the head coach of the Minnesota Golden Gophers, but he took a leave a few years ago because he was having uncontrolled seizures. I did not realize he was coaching again. Glad to hear that.

8 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Penn State is a great football team. James Franklin is a hell of a coach.

There was a report that he might go to Texas A&M. Vandy gave Franklin his first big chance to be a head coach. Vandy fans were very upset when he left. I had hoped he would stay there. I don't like to see coaches go from school to school for more money. I hope he stays put at Penn St.

55 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Congrats! My sister-in-law is a Rutgers alum.

Jerry Kill was the head coach of the Minnesota Golden Gophers, but he took a leave a few years ago because he was having uncontrolled seizures. I did not realize he was coaching again. Glad to hear that.

Yeah, he hasn't been an OC since 1993. But, he brings a lot of personality to this team.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I just looked it up, you guys do know Love isn't playing right?

I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know. Stanford did not play last weekend. I don't remember him getting hurt in the game two weekends ago. Oh well. We should beat Oregon St. We need a healthy Love (sounds funny, lol) for Washington.

Just now, NFLfan said:

I did not know that. Thanks for letting me know. Stanford did not play last weekend. I don't remember him getting hurt in the game two weekends ago. Oh well. We should beat Oregon St. We need a healthy Love (sounds funny, lol) for Washington.

I didn't know he was injured either until I went over to ESPN and it said he was out with a bad ankle. Not sure what happened.