Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

Just now, Luck is Good said:

And he's a top 5 player in the world. Wow. I love me some Steph Curry

Hes the key for them beating the cavs IMO. He didn't play very well in last years finals, which was a big reason the Cavs came back. If he brings his A game they should win 

• Like 1

QUESTION:  What do .....Monta Ellis, Thad Young, Al Jefferson, Jeff Teague and CJ Miles

all have in common??

ANSWER: They all wanted to come to Indianapolis to play.

Wow. I guess we can acquire players through trades a free agency, huh?

Might want to continue that.

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

Hes the key for them beating the cavs IMO. He didn't play very well in last years finals, which was a big reason the Cavs came back. If he brings his A game they should win 

He's got to guard Kyrie Irving, though..and that's not his thing

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

QUESTION:  What do .....Monta Ellis, Thad Young, Al Jefferson, Jeff Teague and CJ Miles

all have in common??

ANSWER: They all wanted to come to Indianapolis to play.

Wow. I guess we can acquire players through trades a free agency, huh?

Might want to continue that.

I'll tell you what they all have in common they are all average players that don't get you past cleavland but nice try 

Name me the last difference maker in FA that had the pacers on his list of possible destinations? 

I'll be waiting 

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

It really irritates me when analysts try to diminish his value. Warriors don't win three straight Western Conference championships without him. He's the straw that stirs the drink. You take Steph Curry off that team and they don't win as much as they have the last three years

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

It really irritates me when analysts try to diminish his value. Warriors don't win three straight Western Conference championships without him. He's the straw that stirs the drink. You take Steph Curry off that team and they don't win as much as they have the last three years

Mark Jackson says Draymond Green is their MVP....

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

So..no thoughts at all

Paul Milsap.....Rudy Gay

Otto Porter..JJ Reddick  (Not thrilled with Kyle Lowry)

..all available...no trade is necessary

Paul Milsap Kyle Lowery and defintly Rudy Gay will all want to go to a contender not a team that got swept in round 1 JJ will be wanted by a contender cause he hits 3s and Otto sure butvhes not good enough to make a difference 

6 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I'll tell you what they all have in common they are all average players that don't get you past cleavland but nice try 

Name me the last difference maker in FA that had the pacers on his list of possible destinations? 

I'll be waiting 

Jeff Teague..played this year...very good man..solid season

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Paul Milsap Kyle Lowery and defintly Rudy Gay will all want to go to a contender not a team that got swept in round 1 JJ will be wanted by a contender cause he hits 3s and Otto sure butvhes not good enough to make a difference 

we're a playoff team.   we got swept by the Cavs..who won the East.

Otto is a top level 3-shooter..he'd makes a big difference with us..

Everybody cant sign with the Cavs

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Jeff Teague..played this year...very good man..solid season

He's the only guy on your list that could make a difference. Thad is a good role player but CJ, Jefferson and Monta can't win a division or conference championship, let alone an NBA championship

Just now, Luck is Good said:

He's the only guy on your list that could make a difference. Thad is a good role player but CJ, Jefferson and Monta can't win a division or conference championship, let alone an NBA championship

One player cant win a conference...many make a difference

CJ Miles has been very good for us..and I hope we can keep him, by the way....

Did David West matter?    Look at Thad Young's numbers for us..

Its a myth that we cant acquire free agents.  Don't quit on us

Just now, oldunclemark said:

One player cant win a conference...many make a difference

CJ Miles has been very good for us..and I hope we can keep him, by the way....

Did David West matter?    Look at Thad Young's numbers for us..

Its a myth that we cant acquire free agents.  Don't quit on us

David West absolutely mattered. He was a key cog in those teams that went to back to back Eastern Conference Finals. That's why adding Gordon Hayward is so important. You add him to Teague, PG and Myles, that's a team that can compete

Just now, oldunclemark said:

Former all-star...2015-2016

Cut our turnovers down..averaged 15 a game....I can tell you're getting tired with comments like that

Nope I'll say it over and over he's an average point guard you would think you would get tired of being wrong over and over 

Just trying to think of hypothetical trade scenarios for Paul George...

Indy trades Paul George + a PF/C not named Turner (ideally Al Jefferson).

Boston trades Jaylen Brown, 2/3 of Jae Crowder/Marcus Smart/Avery Bradley, and the first overall pick

Indy uses the first overall pick on Fultz and signs a big man (Monroe, Noel, Ibaka...I'd prefer Ibaka)

This gives Indy a starting 5 of Fultz/Bradley/Brown/Turner/Ibaka with Lance and Marcus Smart coming off the bench and getting big minutes.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Kevin Durant was a free agent/.    So was Andre Igudola..

There's no Steph Curry in  this draft, agreed?

durant wasnt on the team that won the title

i dont watch much college basketball but i believe PGs are the strength of this draft

1 minute ago, 21isSuperman said:

Boston trades Jaylen Brown, 2/3 of Jae Crowder/Marcus Smart/Avery Bradley, and the first overall pick

Indy uses the first overall pick on Fultz and signs a big man (Monroe, Noel, Ibaka...I'd prefer Ibaka)

This gives Indy a starting 5 of Fultz/Bradley/Brown/Turner/Ibaka with Lance and Marcus Smart coming off the bench and getting big minutes.

I dont like any of those 3 Boston vets very much but lets say I did

3 questions: 1.) How good will Fultz be...?  I've never seen anything but highlights and he hasn't played the top competeiton. Cant say he's bad I just don't know.

.2.) How many years will Paul George destroy us playing in the East...are we giving up contending for 6 years?

3.) How many games does that team win next year?

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

If we could get that much it would be a miracle lol

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

durant wasnt on the team that won the title

i dont watch much college basketball but i believe PGs are the strength of this draft

THe core of GSW includes Durant..without him, they lost last year

Did anyone else build through the draft?

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Idk if it's possible but I would at least try to get both 1sts from Boston the 1 this year and the nets next year 

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

They already tried that back in February. Pacers wanted #1 overall pick and 3 players from the quartet of Bradley, Smart, Brown and Crowder

Yeah he was worth way more before the deadline his value has now dropped a ton cause there is a big chance he is a 1 year rental