Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yes Mark we all know what your stupid outlook for the team is. You are content with sucking @** for the next 5 years when PG leaves for absolutely nothing. We won't win % next season and he will leave after then we will be awful for god knows how long 

'We WONT WIN NEXT SEASON and WE WILL BE AWFUL FOR GOD KNOWS HOW LONG!!!

 

wow

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   Would you offer Otto Porter $20 mil a year...

6-foot-8....small forward...decent defender..not a rebounder

....24 years old..13.4 ppg... a 45% 3-shooter.

 

His contract is up with the Wizards.

..they can match any offer but Beal and Wall make a combined $42  and Wall will get the max deal next time his deal is up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

3 truths:\

1.) The Cleveland Cavaliers acquired LeBron James through free agency.

2.) The Cavs did not build the team they have through the draft. Kevin Love came in a trade.

Most of the present Cavs were free agents

3.) There's no LeBron or Michael in this year's draft, as I know you know

 

You have to accept that you only get 2 draft picks these days .....and acquire players through free agency.

That's how it works.

 

To quit on free agency and say 'we cant get anybody good'  'we cant' .'we cant'....is one way to go.

Fans can quit. They have that right.

Franchises cant..and don't.

 

 

It's gonna break your little heart when the pacers rebuild cause you think we are some juggernaut that never will have to lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

the warriors build through the draft though

 

curry, thompson, and green were their big three

 

curry and klay were lottery picks

Kevin Durant was a free agent/.    So was Andre Igudola..

 

There's no Steph Curry in  this draft, agreed?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Kevin Durant was a free agent/.    So was Andre Igudola..

 

There's no Steph Curry in  this draft, agreed?

How the # would you know there isn't? Steph wasn't even projected to be this great he fell in the draft. You don't have a single clue how good any of these players will be you are just too damn scared to try and draft the next great superstar 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Now you're hallucinating.

...who is the Steph Curry in this draft

Good God do you just not read at all? No one said there is or isn't the point is you don't have a damn clue how good any of these players will be and then you pick Steph of all people to try and make a point and he is a great example of how a player can be better then projected 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Luck is Good said:

No free agents as good as Gordon Hayward. Pacers have to get him. I can't stress this enough

He has to opt out first,  LIG....He has a year left on his deal

Rudy Gay has opted out...Paul Millsap has...Kyle Lowry has....

Gordon Hayward has not

 

..from the standpoint of us acquiring him, that worries me

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Good God do you just not read at all? No one said there is or isn't the point is you don't have a damn clue how good any of these players will be and then you pick Steph of all people to try and make a point and he is a great example of how a player can be better then projected 

The question still stands: We have a mid 1st round choice..Who is the Steph Curry in this draft that you want to give up Paul George for?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

He has to opt out first,  LIG....He has a year left on his deal

Rudy Gay has opted out...Paul Millsap has...Kyle Lowry has....

Gordon Hayward has not

 

..from the standpoint of us acquiring him, that worries me

 

He will opt out. This team will be the absolute same no matter what if they don't add Gordon Hayward

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Luck is Good said:

He will opt out. This team will be the absolute same no matter what if they don't add Gordon Hayward

I hope so......Hayward and PG....would create huge defensive problems in the East.

..and he would be 'Captain America' in Indianapolis.. a superhero

PG has said he'd love to play with him..

 

...but they won 51 games and they can add players too..to convince Hayward to stay with them (just like our situation)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The question still stands: We have a mid 1st round choice..Who is the Steph Curry in this draft that you want to give up Paul George for?

It's for the chance at a good young player it's way better then your dumb plan of wave bye to PG next year for nothing 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

I hope so......Hayward and PG....would create huge defensive problems in the East.

..and he would be 'Captain America' in Indianapolis.. a superhero

PG has said he'd love to play with him..

 

...but they won 51 games and they can add players too..to convince Hayward to stay with them (just like our situation)

Jazz situation is a lot more clear than Pacers. They actually won 50 games and won a playoff series. However, I still think he leaves and goes to either Celtics or Pacers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

.and there's always the ultimate 'go for it'  move......wait for it!!

Carmelo Anthony

 

You can acquire him for a future '1' and some combo like Thad Young and Monta (matching salaries)

He makes $24 mil for one more year

 

Paul George doenst want to be a power forward and Carmelo cant chase small forwards.

Carmelo gets 20 a game..always has.  PG idolizes this guy

 

What would LeBron do...guard PG or the Melo man.??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

It's for the chance at a good young player it's way better then your dumb plan of wave bye to PG next year for nothing 

There's no answer because there's no Steph Curry in this draft.

...so we should draft Caleb Swanigan and build through free agents

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

There's no answer because there's no Steph Curry in this draft.

...so we should draft Caleb Swanigan and build through free agents

Glad to know you can see into the future Mark what are the winning lotto numbers?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

There's no answer because there's no Steph Cury in this draft

We didn't know there was a Steph Curry in the draft that included Steph Curry. No one thought that guy would blow up like he did. That includes me and he's my favorite player. He was good at Davidson but there's no way anyone could've envisioned him being what he is today

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Jazz situation is a lot more clear than Pacers. They actually won 50 games and won a playoff series. However, I still think he leaves and goes to either Celtics or Pacers

I sure think its us or Boston....you are right....

...I'm waiting for the news flash that  'GH opts out of his final year'

I'm checking the web sites every day

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

We didn't know there was a Steph Curry in the draft that included Steph Curry. No one thought that guy would blow up like he did. That includes me and he's my favorite player. He was good at Davidson but there's no way anyone could've envisioned him being what he is today

I thought Curry would suck tbh. Thought he would have a hard time because of his size. Definitely proved me and lots of others wrong.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, oldunclemark said:

my plan is to win 50-55 next year and watch PG sign his name on that new contract

Oh yeah that's likely with our zero cap to sign players cause of the terrible contracts we have for terrible players like Jefferson and Ellis 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

We didn't know there was a Steph Curry in the draft that included Steph Curry. No one thought that guy would blow up like he did. That includes me and he's my favorite player. He was good at Davidson but there's no way anyone could've envisioned him being what he is today

Exactly what I said he just can't seem to grasp that 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RockThatBlue said:

I thought Curry would suck tbh. Thought he would have a hard time because of his size. Definitely proved me and lots of others wrong.

I'm with you..He has range no one else has..and you cant teach the way he creates his own shot

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Myles changed the title to 2017-2018 Indiana Pacers
  • RockThatBlue locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...