Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will The Raiders Go To A Super Bowl Before They Move in 2018 or 2019?

King Colt

Not sure about the Super Bowl because the Pats look unbeatable every year, but I definitely think they have what it takes to make it to an AFC championship game before they move.  They're a top 2/3 AFC team, depending on how you want to order them and Pittsburgh.  Since the Colts are probably a couple of years away from competing for a Super Bowl, I wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders get there and win one.  I like what they've done in rebuilding that franchise

On 31/03/2017 at 4:04 PM, 21isSuperman said:

Not sure about the Super Bowl because the Pats look unbeatable every year, but I definitely think they have what it takes to make it to an AFC championship game before they move.  They're a top 2/3 AFC team, depending on how you want to order them and Pittsburgh.  Since the Colts are probably a couple of years away from competing for a Super Bowl, I wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders get there and win one.  I like what they've done in rebuilding that franchise

Look unbeatable every year? They were all but beaten in their last two SB appearancies, and hadn't won a SB since 2004. All this Patriot sycophantic bull is making me queasy......

On 3/31/2017 at 11:04 AM, 21isSuperman said:

Yeah. The raiders have a good of chance as any team. The Pats are the only team in the league I think are clearly ahead of every other team right now. 

6 hours ago, braveheartcolt said:

Look unbeatable every year? They were all but beaten in their last two SB appearancies, and hadn't won a SB since 2004. All this Patriot sycophantic bull is making me queasy......

They're also competing for the top spot in the AFC almost every year, including this year despite not having Brady for the first four games.  I don't like the Pats at all, but you have to give them credit for fielding a competitive team every year.

It depends on the improvements they need to make on defense. 

They wouldn't have got far regardless of Carr's injury, cause that defense was a train wreck. They eventually would've ran into a team who could've exposed them in the playoffs (The Pats, more than likely) 

The AFC teams, it is the Patriots and the rest. I just do not see it, the talent to compete with the Patriots in the AFC consistently. However, let us look at some AFC teams that I feel can at least have a chance to compete.

1. The Ravens somehow do a better job of developing players from the draft, I wonder why that is. That is one reason they don't mind parting with what we see as talented players. The Ravens are the only ones not intimidated by the Patriots and they play like it keeping the game close somehow, everywhere from home or on the road. For the sake of the AFC, the Ravens have to be good.

2. The Dolphins have slowly but surely gotten better, and ultimately it will be up to their QB to help their team take the next step.

3. The Raiders, it is the JDR soft factor, IMO, and until Jack Del Rio can show me he can be part of a Top 5 defense come playoff time and stop Brady (will have his chance in Mexico City), I don't buy them. Their best hope is Carr dominates the clock keeping Brady on the sidelines, will only work for so long.

4. The Chiefs, when their D is healthy, can give the Patriots the most fits because of their style of play of low turnovers and play making D. However, when things go south and Alex Smith has to come from 2 TDs down, I don't like their chances in the playoffs, they can only play a few styles to win.

5. The Titans, they have the right plan for building their team, inside out but not sure if they have enough pieces on D yet.

6. Hate to say it, the Texans did us a favor by getting rid of a QB that was 2-0 against us, for whatever reason. I see them taking a step backwards because no D can sustain being on the field too long as the season goes on.

6. The Broncos - They can only hope and pray their QBs develop real fast

7. The Steelers - They have to hope the Patriots are knocked out by someone else before hosting an AFCCG, assuming they do win their division.

8. Our beloved Colts - I think we are still an off season away from being a SB contender but the current draft should give us plenty of chances to take back the division along with our FA moves.

• 2 weeks later...