Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay Tweets On Manning's Clearance

Tony Sullivan

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else remember Mr. Irsay in recent months vehemently stating that if Peyton was healthy, that he would be the Colts quarterback? Seems like when it comes down to it, he really wasn't truthful was he?

You dont know that at all, your not healthy if you cant throw a ball plus 40yds... unless your old or really weak.

Everyone should remember that Peyton and Jim were supposed to be at a dinner together last night. It would appear that Irsay tweeted after the dinner and you could assume that this news was discussed last night. I'm sure they are on the same page and this is not one vs the other. Today's statement will reflect that.

Everyone should remember that Peyton and Jim were supposed to be at a dinner together last night. It would appear that Irsay tweeted after the dinner and you could assume that this news was discussed last night. I'm sure they are on the same page and this is not one vs the other. Today's statement will reflect that.

This

They have to be on the same page....I just can't imagine them letting it get to this....altho the media did make it what it is....I believe they didn't plan for it to get this much attention...

I think it (Manning's cleared) was rather a media-hoax again... StampedeBlue analyses this whole mess:

http://www.stampedeb...cleared-to-play

I'm pretty upset. Why aren't they dealing with XLVI SuperBowl???

the timing is suspicious imo. I mean, did Peyton go to the doctor yesterday or even this week? Not likely. So why put this out? Or who put this out?

Irsay was right to reiterate what he's said in print and in video. The decision will be made based on what's in the best interest of the franchise.

And, as he has clearly said, the decision is a huge one and will be made at the last possible moment.

Nothing has changed.......including some people wanting to amp this up into some kind of a 'fight'

In spite of the fact that both manning and irsay have asked people to give it a rest while the sb is going on.

It's a hot topic that gets people riled and so, it continues

i was staying neutral but now I'm officially on IRSAY'S side!

Looks to me like Peyton is forcing his hand.

If this is true, I say let him walk. he's no team player.

I don't think the nerve will be good enough now. Peyton's looking for another "free lunch". Let some other team pick up the check.

unless Peyton can throw with his left arm , he'll be no good to anyone.

i guess it's true about having no feeling in the nerve from his neck to the tricep and the atrophy.

BRING ON LUCK !

With Eli forcing SD's hand and now this....... starting to look like a couple spoiled brats to me.

Hope I'm wrong.

Thought would never get to such point, but getting bored with All About Manning drama. Yes medically cleared, is arm strength there? NOPE, when, WHO KNOWS, Irsay will have to be FOOL to take a 28 mil chance and set the team further back. Never seen a non-super bowl player dominate such news before the big game.

This is true,

I just find the timing (1:30 am, just hours after Peyton's doctor gave him clearance) to be more than coincidence.

Of course it's not coincidence. The 'source' story was put out there and Irsay responded. I do not find it suspicious that Irsay would reiterate exactly what he has been saying all along

As we have seen, sentiment swings quickly and wildly on this topic. I would do exactly as Irsay did. Put the truth out there and put the 'source' thing in immediate perspective

I don't think the nerve will be good enough now. Peyton's looking for another "free lunch". Let some other team pick up the check.

i guess it's true about having no feeling in the nerve from his neck to the tricep and the atrophy.

BRING ON LUCK !

With Eli forcing SD's hand and now this....... starting to look like a couple spoiled brats to me.

Hope I'm wrong.

Not this^

Every time Irsay says something about Peyton it makes me feel like he won't be coming back, ugh. But they'll probably make the final decision at the last possible moment, and if Peyton isn't throwing at 100% the decision will be easy.

It doesn't look that way to me.

There's only ONE person who could have given the o.k. to the doctors to release that info. Only one.

Maybe it didn't come from the doctors.That's the thing about sources.........we don't know who said what.

Manning has said he doesn't want to talk about this this week.

I take him at his word, he didn't do this

BRING ON LUCK !

Hope I'm wrong.

OT: So much blind assumptions, and faulty reasoning in this post. I'll leave it at that.

Sooner or later we will all understand the reason for all this.

Maybe it didn't come from the doctors.That's the thing about sources.........we don't know who said what.

Manning has said he doesn't want to talk about this this week.

I take him at his word, he didn't do this

Certainly thats possible I guess but doctors, like attorneys, can get in ALOT of trouble for letting info out w/o the client's word.

And the way Peyton and Archie have "leaked" info in the past and what they've said has me very suspicious.

They both are so well spoken and so well schooled on what to say and what not to say, it really makes you wonder.

i wouldn't be surprised.

NOTHING would surprise me at this point.

This is getting embarrasing.

I just respectfully disagree is all.

No problem.

This is getting the best of my emotions now.

trust me, I hope my gut is wrong on this one.

And I don't claim to know the facts, its just VERY odd.

Especially added to what I've heard already.

I'm just ready for a decision to be made. And at this point, i really don't care what that is.

lets just get to decision time, and move forward.

Certainly thats possible I guess but doctors, like attorneys, can get in ALOT of trouble for letting info out w/o the client's word.

And the way Peyton and Archie have "leaked" info in the past and what they've said has me very suspicious.

They both are so well spoken and so well schooled on what to say and what not to say, it really makes you wonder.

i wouldn't be surprised.

NOTHING would surprise me at this point.

This is getting embarrasing.

I hear you. But, Peyton doesn't have a history of being a weasel.........and the media is weaseling all the time.

I'm good with leaving it on them.

I hear you. But, Peyton doesn't have a history of being a weasel.........and the media is weaseling all the time.

How could this be on the media? Like people have pointed out, it is illegal for the Dr. to leak this without Peyton's approval. The media would have absolutely no access to medical records without some kind of court order and we all know that didn't happen. So, this is either all on Peyton or someone very close to him that knew the news. There is no other way the media got a hold of this.

Are you stating that things do not get leaked without consent?

Not by a Dr., unless he enjoys paying huge fines.

Phil Wilson from the star got an email from Peyton's dr confirming the story last night, so while it cant be proven that it was actually a doc who leaked it, we do know that Manning told them it was ok to release the information. Unless of course this Doc just likes to break HIPPA.

I think it's naive to think that anyone but Manning's camp released this news. This guy managed to keep twins secret for months, but he goes to the doc wednesday and by thursday night the news is leaked? Hmmmm.......

I agree fully with you on that one.

But I do consider him a "politician". So to speak.

I still LOVE the guy tho for what he's done for us, as fans.

And if you look at Irsay's tweet, its hard to argue.

peyton was cleared to play on a SAFETY basis, but not from a production standpoint.

Looking back, my emotions got the best of me.

But still, I'll be glad when the "decision" is made on manning and the draft.

This is a nightmare, and it seems to be getting worse in some ways.

Kinda looks like Peyton knows Luck is on the way in and is positioning himself.

How could this be on the media? Like people have pointed out, it is illegal for the Dr. to leak this without Peyton's approval. The media would have absolutely no access to medical records without some kind of court order and we all know that didn't happen. So, this is either all on Peyton or someone very close to him that knew the news. There is no other way the media got a hold of this.

that's the thing, the doctors didn't issue a statement so nobody knows.

I can see why you think what you do but, since nobody is telling me who the 'sources' are, I'm not making an assumption

It could be that peyton's had this news for a while and any number of people could have known it. i mean, I don't think he saw the doctor yesterday or even this week. That's why I assume he's had this info for a while, chose not to make a public statement about it..........but somebody decided to

we just don't know who

media's got us chasing our tails on this

Not by a Dr., unless he enjoys paying huge fines.

Phil Wilson from the star got an email from Peyton's dr confirming the story last night, so while it cant be proven that it was actually a doc who leaked it, we do know that Manning told them it was ok to release the information. Unless of course this Doc just likes to break HIPPA.

I think it's naive to think that anyone but Manning's camp released this news. This guy managed to keep twins secret for months, but he goes to the doc wednesday and by thursday night the news is leaked? Hmmmm.......

he went to the doctor on Wednesday?

that's the thing, the doctors didn't issue a statement so nobody knows.

I can see why you think what you do but, since nobody is telling me who the 'sources' are, I'm not making an assumption

It could be that peyton's had this news for a while and any number of people could have known it. i mean, I don't think he saw the doctor yesterday or even this week. That's why I assume he's had this info for a while, chose not to make a public statement about it..........but somebody decided to

we just don't know who

media's got us chasing our tails on this

I agree, but I just think people are a little to quick to always blame the media. sometimes they deserve it but a lot of time they don't. They are just doing their jobs. I also agree this was probably not Peyton, although I would not completely rule it out, but IMO it had to be somebody in Manning's camp that leaked this news for Manning's sake. Whoever it was, it was a bad idea if they really want Manning to stay in Indy. I think Irsay it getting a little ticked about the situation and if Manning or his people are trying to sway Irsay's decision, they just may be running him(Manning) out of town.

I agree fully with you on that one.

But I do consider him a "politician". So to speak.

I still LOVE the guy tho for what he's done for us, as fans.

And if you look at Irsay's tweet, its hard to argue.

peyton was cleared to play on a SAFETY basis, but not from a production standpoint.

Looking back, my emotions got the best of me.

But still, I'll be glad when the "decision" is made on manning and the draft.

This is a nightmare, and it seems to be getting worse in some ways.

Kinda looks like Peyton knows Luck is on the way in and is positioning himself.

You could be right. I myself raised an eyebrow when Peyton came out of his media black out to talk to Kravitz

I also notice that he gave autographs all season long and that is NOT something that had a habit of doing

I do see his publicist's or his agents hand in this.......at least I suspect it

I mean, for the longest time, all we heard is what Peyton's dad said......now all of the sudden there are sources!

But, Manning took such great pains to say let's NOT talk about this now, I just cannot believe he is behind this.

He has more integrity than that.

Those "NFL Insiders" have all sorts of sources(snitches). We just don't know the veracity of the one they are quoting on this.

the timing is suspicious imo. I mean, did Peyton go to the doctor yesterday or even this week? Not likely. So why put this out? Or who put this out?

Irsay was right to reiterate what he's said in print and in video. The decision will be made based on what's in the best interest of the franchise.

And, as he has clearly said, the decision is a huge one and will be made at the last possible moment.

Nothing has changed.......including some people wanting to amp this up into some kind of a 'fight'

In spite of the fact that both manning and irsay have asked people to give it a rest while the sb is going on.

It's a hot topic that gets people riled and so, it continues

Actually, NFL network confirmed that Peyton met with doctors or at least spoke to them on Wed. and that's when they gave the green light.