Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has Anyone Heard Any New Info On A Dc?

NagelHausForge

I've been looking around the internet at all the usual sources and I can't even find a "short list" of who the Colts are looking at for DC. Anyone have any credible info that might hint at someone??

Seems like they are plugging their holes up pretty quickly. I can't imagine it would be too hard to find a good DC for the team.

Yes, from 5 minutes ago on Twitter, per Adam Schefter:

"Colts are interested in hiring former Chargers defensive coordinator Greg Manusky for their defensive coordinator job."

No, no, no... guy led a soft D for the 9ers for several years and the San Diego D was nearly as bad as ours was last year. Don't see how he fits a more aggresive style D like Coach Pagano has been talking about. Maybe as a position coach, but not as DC.

Found this on rotoworld...

The Chargers defense fell off after replacing Ron Rivera with Manusky while the 49ers defense surged to elite status after moving on from Manusky. According to the Union-Trib San Diego, "many in the organization, including several players, had been convinced for some time that hiring Manusky was a mistake."

Speaking of Ron Rivera, who was a veritable beast in San Diego when Peyton and the Colts played the Chargers... Not sure if anyone remembers, but he was the defensive coordinator for the Bears in 06 when the Colts won the Super Bowl. Just a piece of useless trivia that means nothing to this thread... :)

And in answer to your question, CptHooligan, no, I haven't heard anything other than what's already been said here. Probably there won't be any announcements until after the Super Bowl. And quite possibly, no interviews either.

I don't know who it's going to be. But whomever it is, he will be one of the best ever and everyone can feel good about the direction the defense is going in because he is going to bring an aggressive nature that the Colts have been lacking for the one year they have been bad. Any apparent deficiences in the results he has obtained in the past can be easily explained by some outside cicrumstance that was beyond his control

I didn't think Butler would be a good hire but he (Butler) looks like the best of the best of the best compared to this guy. The Chargers had the worst 3rd down defense in the NFL last year, giving up 49% on 3rd downs. Colts fans thought the Colts were bad (which they were) at 45%. Even according to the AER much better gauge than yards/game SD's D was one of the worst in the NFL.

I must admit, I don't really see a lot of improvement in the coordinators.

He was okay in San Fran. Granted they didnt have the talent that they had this year when Manusky was there. The defense did improve although.

2007 #25

2008 #13

2009 #15

2010 #13

under Manusky as you can see it got better. Really this year the niners hit the FA jackpot with Rodgers and Whitner. There is far more talent this year. Also the offense was not as good as in 07-10 and as we saw when the offense cannot move the ball, the defense will suffer.

I think he is an upgrade over anyone the Colts have had before. He knows how to run the 3-4.

He was okay in San Fran. Granted they didnt have the talent that they had this year when Manusky was there. The defense did improve although.

2007 #25

2008 #13

2009 #15

2010 #13

under Manusky as you can see it got better. Really this year the niners hit the FA jackpot with Rodgers and Whitner. There is far more talent this year. Also the offense was not as good as in 07-10 and as we saw when the offense cannot move the ball, the defense will suffer.

I think he is an upgrade over anyone the Colts have had before. He knows how to run the 3-4.

He was good in San Fran. There offese was horrable remember. The 49ers came in to our place a couple of years ago & gave us all we could handle. San Diego has no pass rusher wroth specking of. Manusky basicly designed the 49er defense you saw this year. May work out. CXertainly it is better than anyone else we have had here!

He was good in San Fran. There offese was horrable remember. The 49ers came in to our place a couple of years ago & gave us all we could handle. San Diego has no pass rusher wroth specking of. Manusky basicly designed the 49er defense you saw this year. May work out. CXertainly it is better than anyone else we have had here!

Yes, Colts fans should think of it in that light. The niners defense this year was built by Manusky. Kind of like how the '02 Bucs was the team that Dungy built.

Some may not know but I live in Southern California and the main office is in SD. I am in the main office today and there are three die hard Charger fans here. Here is what they said when I told them who the Colts hired as the DC, "Hahahahahaha, at least we know we will still be able to beat the Colts in the playoffs."

He took the 2010 number 2 ranked D in the NFL and made them bottom feeders.

And no, the 49ers did not make it to the NFCC game with the defense he built. They had 5 new starters on D this year. For those who are math challenged that 45.4% new. In one season that is called an overhaul.