Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bleacher Report: McDaniels options

bababooey

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

According to Bleacher Report, McDaniels has three options (all which he'd have to wait on) and will only consider a ready-made situation:

- Patriots

- Detroit

- Tennessee

Sorry Jim.

So, basically, they're suggesting he'll only go where there's minimal effort to be put out(?).

According to Bleacher Report, McDaniels has three options (all which he'd have to wait on) and will only consider a ready-made situation:

- Patriots

- Detroit

- Tennessee

Sorry Jim.

Can you really blame him after failing miserably in Denver?

- Patriots

- Detroit

- Tennessee

Sorry Jim.

Are the Detroit and Tennessee jobs even going to open up soon? Both had good years for those franchises.

- Patriots

- Detroit

- Tennessee

Sorry Jim.

I highly doubt those are the only three jobs he would take

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

How often do those jobs open?  

Not a lot of the time. But some franchises have the pieces to win and think the current coach is holding them back. Idk if Mularkey is gonna lose his job, but I think McDaniels working with Mariota could turn some heads. That offense can be dynamic. Of course, Marcus will also be coming back from a broken leg

14 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Not a lot of the time. But some franchises have the pieces to win and think the current coach is holding them back. Idk if Mularkey is gonna lose his job, but I think McDaniels working with Mariota could turn some heads. That offense can be dynamic. Of course, Marcus will also be coming back from a broken leg

Sounds familiar, minus the pieces to beat top teams.

1 hour ago, MPStack said:

Can you really blame him after failing miserably in Denver?

I guess the question is.....    why does he have his eyes on Detroit and Tennessee when both of those jobs are taken....    but he doesn't have his eye on Indianapolis?       That job is taken too....    but how is it different than the other two?

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

I guess the question is.....    why does he have his eyes on Detroit and Tennessee when both of those jobs are taken....    but he doesn't have his eye on Indianapolis?       That job is taken too....    but how is it different than the other two?

Maybe BB has the offices bugged!

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Probably because he knows how toxic it is to work for Grigson and the Colts and Pats hate each other.

5 hours ago, Luck is Good said:

I don't blame him one bit. What coordinator, offensive or defensive, wouldn't want to go coach a team with a ready-made situation?

Wait though, don't we have a ready-made situation? We have Andrew Luck and weapons at receiving. We should be loaded on offense. Yea, the defense needs work, but maybe the Colts can just go back to the Polian days and say, "Screw the defense. Stack the offense." Let's load up on a HC who's an OC.

51 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Wait though, don't we have a ready-made situation? We have Andrew Luck and weapons at receiving. We should be loaded on offense. Yea, the defense needs work, but maybe the Colts can just go back to the Polian days and say, "Screw the defense. Stack the offense." Let's load up on a HC who's an OC.

I didn't say he shouldn't consider the Colts. But I don't think they are a realistic destination. Believe me, I think McDaniels could make this offense really good