Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why not go after Dabo Swinney as Head Coach??

jshipp23

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be the next Jimmy Johnson, I think his personality and approach would be better suited to the NFL than Saban...He isn't a hard line authoritative coach, but he will get the players to play hard and can handle his own gameplanning too...

10 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think he would be very good, he is a guy the players would respect and love...Haven't heard his name at all, but I think he could potentially be a wildcard great choice...

Swinney is a pure college coach.

Everything they run is pure collegiate.    I don't think he'd be all that good.

1 minute ago, krunk said:

Swinney is a pure college coach.

Everything they run is pure collegiate.    I don't think he'd be all that good.

Pagano was a college coach who ran out of Miami after he got caught cheating and he had 1 year as an actual coordinator? ? Swinney has brought Clemson back from the dead and turned them into a powerhouse ...He is at least proven..This team needs some juice, some fire, we are just to mediocre like they don't care, nobody seemed upset they failed, it just bugs me..

17 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I think he would be very good, he is a guy the players would respect and love...Haven't heard his name at all, but I think he could potentially be a wildcard great choice...

I will bet you all the tea in China Sweeney is not the next Colts' head coach.

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Pagano was a college coach who ran out of Miami after he got caught cheating and he had 1 year as an actual coordinator? ? Swinney has brought Clemson back from the dead and turned them into a powerhouse ...He is at least proven..This team needs some juice, some fire, we are just to mediocre like they don't care, nobody seemed upset they failed, it just bugs me..

Who cares?  Give me somebody other than Swinney.  Come up with something better than that and get off this notion I'm defending Pagano.   I told you before give me Harbaugh or Saban and I'm good.   Everything else you're talking about is unrealistic or silly.  You still my homie though!

6 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Can I get a link to that cheating scandal Pagano was involved in?

5 minutes ago, krunk said:

Who cares?  Give me somebody other than Swinney.  Come up with something better than that and get off this notion I'm defending Pagano.   I told you before give me Harbaugh or Saban and I'm good.   Everything else you're talking about is unrealistic or silly.  You still my homie though!

To be honest,  Sweeney is more realistic than Harbaugh or Saban.  Lol

2 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

This time of year, because you seem to go away in season, does every random thought that pops into your head become a thread?

If we can't get Harbaugh or Gruden he would still be better option than Chuck. .MIKE SHANAHAN would be a better option than Chuck, Herm Edwards would be a better option...Many would be better...Like Dan Dakich said today, we can def get a better coach, G.M is a different story..Im fine with Grigson and new HC..We are never gonna win a super bowl with Chuck so why not cut bait now...In season I have been too disgusted last 2 years nothing to post about..Now I have hope we might do something coaching or draft wise..

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

To be honest,  Sweeney is more realistic than Harbaugh or Saban.  Lol

I'm just saying those are the two that I'd be interested if they were available and I know they ain't!   If it ain't them two then I'll stick with Pagano and build out the other parts of the team.     Swinney is a good college coach to me.  Don't think he'd make a good NFL coach.

7 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

If we can't get Harbaugh or Gruden he would still be better option than Chuck. .MIKE SHANAHAN would be a better option than Chuck, Herm Edwards would be a better option...Many would be better...Like Dan Dakich said today, we can def get a better coach, G.M is a different story..Im fine with Grigson and new HC..We are never gonna win a super bowl with Chuck so why not cut bait now...In season I have been too disgusted last 2 years nothing to post about..Now I have hope we might do something coaching or draft wise..

What has herm edwards accomplished that pagano hasn't,  other than being fired twice

I need to stop listening to local sports radio at work..Every time I start to come to terms we are stuck with Pagano and try to think positive that we can win with him they get me thinking how horrible a coach he really is....Just hope we nail free agency and draft cause we are going to have to be LOADED for us to contend with him as coach it's just the truth. ..

9 minutes ago, MTC said:

No. Successful college coaches don't leave for the NFL when they have a secure, successful job.

You are a mod.

Probably ought to just delete your post since it has quickly been proven to not be close to true.

32 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

Could be the next Jimmy Johnson, I think his personality and approach would be better suited to the NFL than Saban...He isn't a hard line authoritative coach, but he will get the players to play hard and can handle his own gameplanning too...

A reasonable choice.

40 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

I don't want Herm Edwards,  just making a point that even he would be better..At least he wont act ok with losing...

Dear Lord...

You know why we have sparred over the years?  Because of unreasonable posts like this.  That is my standard.  Be reasonable and I will listen to or read any post that I find rationally argued, even if my view is 180 degrees the opposite.  

In this post, that last line of yours is completely unreasonable.  With 100% certainty, I can say that Pagano is not OK with losing.  And I have never watched him post loss and thought he was acting OK with losing.  Further, can you grasp the concept that what he says and does publicly after a loss is in all likelihood miles away from what he does when it is just the team?

1 hour ago, jskinnz said:

That's a hefty bet, surely one that would easily put the loser in Bankruptcy.

The commodity value of one year of tea produced in China would be roughly $1,590,653,400

5 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Dear Lord...

You know why we have sparred over the years?  Because of unreasonable posts like this.  That is my standard.  Be reasonable and I will listen to or read any post that I find rationally argued, even if my view is 180 degrees the opposite.  

In this post, that last line of yours is completely unreasonable.  With 100% certainty, I can say that Pagano is not OK with losing.  And I have never watched him post loss and thought he was acting OK with losing.  Further, can you grasp the concept that what he says and does publicly after a loss is in all likelihood miles away from what he does when it is just the team?

Pagano is a "glass half full" kinda guy...He said it himself. .They need a coach to get on their a**, the nice guy, get back to work clichés are getting old..Players are tuning him out at this point. .I think it worked early on first few seasons, but he has peaked time to move on...He doesn't seem upset enough to me , he should be ticked and the players should be ticked..

Pete Carroll says hello.  So does Nick Saban.  Chip Kelly is giving you a shout out as well.

Carroll left because USC was facing sanctions thanks to him and Reggie Bush. No doubt that coaches leave successful college programs for a shot at the Superbowl though.

Just now, jshipp23 said:

Pagano is a "glass half full" kinda guy...He said it himself. .They need a coach to get on their a**, the nice guy, get back to work clichés are getting old..Players are tuning him out at this point. .I think it worked early on first few seasons, but he has peaked time to move on...He doesn't seem upset enough to me , he should be ticked and the players should be ticked..

LOL

btw, I'm assuming your answer to this question:

Further, can you grasp the concept that what he says and does publicly after a loss is in all likelihood miles away from what he does when it is just the team?

is no?

Just now, Jason_S said:

to answer your question, I'd say the biggest reason the colts won't go after him as the next HC is because the Colts HC position is not vacant.

They can wait for Clemson to beat Alabama and then talk to Swinney very easily..If he is interested ,  we can then finally end "The Chuck Pagano Project"...

3 minutes ago, jshipp23 said:

When was Dungy "ticked" publicly?

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Chip Kelly would disagree.   So would a host of others .

Chip Kelly is an exception. He will probably be the last really successful college coach to make the transition to the NFL. You are not going to see people like Jim Harbaugh, David Shaw, Jimbo Fisher, Nick Saban, etc leave to the NFL because their jobs are secured, get paid a lot of money, and a lot less stressful.

You are a mod.

Probably ought to just delete your post since it has quickly been proven to not be close to true.

I'll delete it when the next successful big-named college coach gets hired.

Just now, MTC said:

Chip Kelly is an exception. He will probably be the last really successful college coach to make the transition to the NFL. You are not going to see people like Jim Harbaugh, David Shaw, Jimbo Fisher, Nick Saban, etc leave to the NFL because their jobs are secured, get paid a lot of money, and a lot less stressful.

I highly doubt that is the case.   MANY college coaches have left for the NFL