Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mets are playing my brand of baseball this afternoon. They are getting good pitching, good defense, guys are getting on base, stealing bases, moving guys along, and getting runs across the plate. I love that brand of baseball. We had a HR too but that is least important haha.

Thor has pitched 6 innings so far -- only 88 pitches. He has given up no runs and just 1 hit. :scoregood:

Mets lead 6-0. Let's get the win, Mets.

citi field mets GIF by The 7 Line

The Mets win 6-1 over the Rockies who came in playing very well. The Mets take 2 out of 3. The best thing about this game is that the Mets played good fundamentally sound baseball for all 9 innings. 

Good game to watch. Enjoy your baseball today, folks. :D

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win! Sweep of the Cards too much oops GIF by SkinnyPop. Fly the flag Hozer. Official standings heading into June 10th in the NL Central from the big 3 are:

Cubs 37-27 .578%

Brewers 38-28 .576%

Cards 31-32 (5.5 back)

Cubs/Cards exchanging sweeps this season, lol!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Thoughts and prayers go out to David Ortiz who was shot yesterday in his native Dominican Republic. It sounds like he sustained damage to some organs but may live. Hoping the best for Big Papi's recovery. 

boston red sox wow GIF by MLB

red sox crying GIF by MLB

Yeah from the sounds of it he is lucky to be alive. Hoping for the best for him on his recovery.

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah from the sounds of it he is lucky to be alive. Hoping for the best for him on his recovery.

It’s a shame when a guy can’t go back home and enjoy life without some punks taking shots at him. Sad. Hope for a speedy recovery for him!

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs are already up 4-2 in the 3rd over the Rockies. 3 HR's so far, 1 by Schwarber, 1 by Rizzo, and 1 by Bote. Yu is pitching though haha 

Just as you say that, he gives up a 2 run homer.....oy vey!!!!:Cry:

25 minutes ago, HOZER said:

It’s a shame when a guy can’t go back home and enjoy life without some punks taking shots at him. Sad. Hope for a speedy recovery for him!

Right. He has done so much for his country. He is a legend there. I'm happy to hear that he is expected to make a full recovery. 

Kevin Youkilis

Keep fighting @davidortiz!!! No coward can take down a super hero like you. Love you buddy!!!

John Lester

Utter shock. That was no robbery, that was a hit, and they better get to the bottom of it. Thank god no amount of evil or hate can overcome a heart that big. You got this @davidortiz, we love you bro!

Linky

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Right. He has done so much for his country. He is a legend there. I'm happy to hear that he is expected to make a full recovery. 

Kevin Youkilis

John Lester

Linky

14 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Kevin Youkilis

John Lester

Linky

I just read he’s on a plane bound for Boston hospital, in critical condition but good enough to fly. Can’t imagine any other reason that someone would put a hit on him other then pure jealousy. 

Just now, HOZER said:

I just read he’s on a plane bound for Boston, in critical condition but good enough to fly. Can’t imagine any other reason that someone would put a hit on him other then pure jealousy. 

I read that too. I think he might already be in a Boston area hospital. I read that he is expected to make a full recovery. Let's hope for that. He seems like a good person.

Just now, HOZER said:

I just read he’s on a plane bound for Boston, in critical condition but good enough to fly. Can’t imagine any other reason that someone would put a hit on him other then pure jealousy. 

Because some people are just that evil and jealous. The guy that shot him may have been offered a lot of money to do so as well. Some will do anything for money. Not saying that is the case here but who knows?

5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Other then the Heyward Homerun, Cubs bats going silent. And I hate Daniel Murphy again. Why is he always such a thorn in the Cubs side? Ugh.say word laughing GIF by Desus & Mero

Yeah here lately road wins have been hard to come by. At least the Brewers are losing big to the Astros 10-5 right now. We are a different team at home that is for sure.

24 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Other then the Heyward Homerun, Cubs bats going silent. And I hate Daniel Murphy again. Why is he always such a thorn in the Cubs side? Ugh.say word laughing GIF by Desus & Mero

Mets fans say the same. Since leaving the Mets, he has killed them. It seems like he is batting 1000 against the Mets. Lol.

51 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Per ESPN, the suspect in the Big Papi shooting was offered a measily $7800 dollars to do the hit. That is pathetic. Last I heard Big Papi was recovering well :thmup:

The GDP per Capital was/is 7,053.26 US Dollars in 2017 and the GNI was 15,290 PPP so not to bad in the DR in other words about 35,000 in the US since the US GNI is 60,200

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs up 2-0 over the powerful Dodgers in the 1st inning. Kershaw shaky early. Hopefully Lester has his great stuff tonight.

Welp, it was a good start at least....until Lester crumbled.

Archived