Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

Will this trip out to LA has been a total dud so far. What is scary is they clearly look like the better team compared to us and we are halfway through June. Good thing is as of now we are still only 1 game out of 1st place in the NL Central at 38-31 behind the 39-30 Brewers. We also hold 1 of the 2 Wildcard spots so if the season ended today the Cubs would make the playoffs. The Cubs schedule has been the toughest in the league over the last 3 weeks as we have played the Cards two 3 game series, the Astros in Houston for a 3 game set, and now 4 at LA. That is rough. It gets a tad easier after this LA series which is the good news. Kris Bryant (MVP) is 100% healthy now too. He crushed another HR tonight.

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, HOZER said:

Ugh Hendricks sent to the IL, prospect Adbert Alzolay might be called up. Currently down 1-0 in the 7th. :censored:

Cubs win, Cubs win a big one in LA 2-1. Rizzo with a 2 run HR in the 9th inning. Darvish struck out 10! Fly the flag Hozer as we are now tied for 1st again in the NL Central with the Brewers who lost tonight. Both teams are 39-31 through 70 games.

9 hours ago, HOZER said:

Ugh Hendricks sent to the IL, prospect Adbert Alzolay might be called up. Currently down 1-0 in the 7th. :censored:

Same with Thor (Syndergaard). He left the game with what they are calling "a strained hamstring". He was up 8-3. The terrible BP promptly gave up 2 runs and 3 more afterwards. We needed a great throw at the end of the game to salvage the win over the Cards. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, Cubs win a big one in LA 2-1. Rizzo with a 2 run HR in the 9th inning. Darvish struck out 10! Fly the flag Hozer as we are now tied for 1st again in the NL Central with the Brewers who lost tonight. Both teams are 39-31 through 70 games.

We beat the Cards by throwing a runner out. Mr. Clutch Yadier Molina drives in the Cards 7th run with a single off our over-hyped closer Diaz. The Cards manager pulls Molina to put a faster runner on base. The next batter hits a ball in no man's land -- in between the second baseman and the right fielder. The runner coming around the bases was sent home. And a great throw by our 2nd baseman gets the runner out by a few feet. Had the manager had not pinch run for Molina, Molina may have stayed on 3rd base and the Cards may have scored on another hit. But pinch running for Molina was the right call.

If you want to hear the call:

https://mobile.twitter.com/SNYtv/status/1140098615542763520?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Love Gary Cohen as an announcer. He has been with the Mets for as long as I could remember. Before moving to the TV broadcast crew, he was on the radio with this guy

citi field mets GIF by The 7 Line

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah Baby!! Blown save for Jansen!!! I Love It!!! What he gets for his intentional balk the day before to move Heyward off of 2nd because he accused him of stealing signs. Uncle Tony strikes again!!!!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

49 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Yeah Baby!! Blown save for Jansen!!! I Love It!!! What he gets for his intentional balk the day before to move Heyward off of 2nd because he accused him of stealing signs. Uncle Tony strikes again!!!!

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

We are on Sunday night Baseball tonight at 7pm. If we can get out of LA with a split at 2-2 I will be thrilled. 

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs down 3-2 now. Should have had the out at home. Bad throw. It is the little things that happen in games whether or not you beat the better teams in the league. Cubs down to their final 3 outs in the 9th.

Who had the bad throw?

Game over, Cubs lose. Sometimes I feel like I’m watching a little league team that’s just learning the fundamentals of baseball. Bad throw home. Almora stands there flat footed instead of taking off immediately giving the catcher an easy tag out. Frustrating. On to the crosstown rival White Sox .

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Game over, Cubs lose. Sometimes I feel like I’m watching a little league team that’s just learning the fundamentals of baseball. Bad throw home. Almora stands there flat footed instead of taking off immediately giving the catcher an easy tag out. Frustrating. On to the crosstown rival White Sox .

Yep just silly mistakes you can't make against a team like LA. We gave that game away. They showed Bellinger's mom again haha . That is I think the 8th time. I lost count. We should take care of the Sox.

Of course it’s Eloy Jimenez who hits the homerun, the same guy who was a promising prospect for us that we traded away along with Dylan cease who is also playing very well for the White Sox. First game against Cubs, and boom.  Quintana has been fairly solid for us, but wow, just wow.

3 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Of course it’s Eloy Jimenez who hits the homerun, the same guy who was a promising prospect for us that we traded away along with Dylan cease who is also playing very well for the White Sox. First game against Cubs, and boom.  Quintana has been fairly solid for us, but wow, just wow.

Yeah this is over. 

I keep reading a lot of good stuff about our promising pitching prospect, Alzolay, yet for whatever reason they’re not bringing him up? Chatwood will start for Hendricks instead on Thursday? Oh boy. Probably waiting to trade him off too. Wow sounds like a lot of Sox fans at Wrigley tonight, more then there are at their home stadium, lol!

Just now, HOZER said:

I keep reading a lot of good stuff about our promising pitching prospect,  yet for whatever reason they’re not bringing him up? Chatwood will start for Hendricks instead on Thursday? Oh boy. Probably waiting to trade him off too. Wow sounds like a lot of Sox fans at Wrigley tonight, more then there are at their home stadium, lol!

This season is full of ups and downs. I thought we would win tonight but it didn't happen.

Another FREAKING POP UP!!!! MY GOD PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND AND GET BASE HITS FOR PETES SAKE!!!!!!!FUNDAMENTAL BASEBALL EVERY GAME IS NOT A HOMERUN DERBY!!!!!!!! this is embarrassing.

Rage rant over.

10 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I keep reading a lot of good stuff about our promising pitching prospect, Alzolay, yet for whatever reason they’re not bringing him up? Chatwood will start for Hendricks instead on Thursday? Oh boy. Probably waiting to trade him off too. Wow sounds like a lot of Sox fans at Wrigley tonight, more then there are at their home stadium, lol!

I trust Darvish more than Chatwood lol.

36 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Another FREAKING POP UP!!!! MY GOD PUT THE BALL ON THE GROUND AND GET BASE HITS FOR PETES SAKE!!!!!!!FUNDAMENTAL BASEBALL EVERY GAME IS NOT A HOMERUN DERBY!!!!!!!! this is embarrassing.

Rage rant over.

Sounds like me!

Just be glad your team is not the Mets. They won today behind great pitching by deGrom but otherwise they are a dumpster fire. I don't think I have seen a bullpen as bad as the 2019 Mets bullpen. It is really bad. But even worse is their defense. Defense like timely hitting is undervalued. Play good defense and I can stay interested. Poor defense is frustrating and not watchable. It gets me down and I feel I am wasting my time.

Anyway, let's hope for better days ahead. 

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sounds like me!

Just be glad your team is not the Mets. The won today behind great pitching by deGrom but otherwise they are a dumpster fire. I don't think I have seen a bullpen as bad as the 2019 Mets bullpen. It is really bad. But even worse is their defense. Defense like timely hitting is undervalued. Play good defense and I cab stay interested. Poor defense is frustrating and not watchable.

It's a long season. As long as we make the Playoffs it's all good. Tough one tonight though. All losses are rough.

57 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Sounds like me!

Just be glad your team is not the Mets. They won today behind great pitching by deGrom but otherwise they are a dumpster fire. I don't think I have seen a bullpen as bad as the 2019 Mets bullpen. It is really bad. But even worse is their defense. Defense like timely hitting is undervalued. Play good defense and I can stay interested. Poor defense is frustrating and not watchable. It gets me down and I feel I am wasting my time.

Absolutely agree!

47 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a long season. As long as we make the Playoffs it's all good. Tough one tonight though. All losses are rough.

2 teams I can not stand to lose to, White Sox and Brewers, barf.

Cards are our biggest rival but I dislike the Brewers and White Sox more. It is their fanbase. They are disrespectful IMO to us. Cards and Dodgers fans respect us because of the last 5 years. Brewers have never won a Championship and the White Sox haven't won one in a long time and they have sucked for years lol. Cubs have won more games over the last 5 seasons than anyone and a Championship. Facts are facts haha 

Archived