Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

The Mets are not a good team. They should have won yesterday with deGrom pitching brilliantly -- only 47 or so pitches after 5 innings, no runs. I thought he was going all the way. He gets hurt in the 7th and the manager takes brings in a reliever with 2 men out. Only 2 and a third innings to go for the win and the bullpen can't protect a 3-run lead, which became a 4-run lead after the Mets scored an insurance run in the 8th. :(

Now today, it was all bad, losing 7-1. They lose 2 out of 3 to Arizona. :scorebad:

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad to see the Cubs get back on track offensively today. Up 6-0 on the Angels in the bottom of the 6th right now. Lester is pitching a shutout as well. When the Cubs play like this they are very fun to watch. It is good to be back home at Wrigley.

With a win today the Cubs will move within a game of 1st place in the NL Central at 32-26. The Brewers are currently 34-26 and have the day off today. Assuming the Cubs do win this, them and the Brewers would have the same amount of losses at the end of today. I expect this division to be tight all season. Cards are currently in 3rd at 30-28, 3 games back of the Brewers. They have the day off today as well.

49 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad to see the Cubs get back on track offensively today. Up 6-0 on the Angels in the bottom of the 6th right now. Lester is pitching a shutout as well. When the Cubs play like this they are very fun to watch. It is good to be back home at Wrigley.

With a win today the Cubs will move within a game of 1st place in the NL Central at 32-26. The Brewers are currently 34-26 and have the day off today. Assuming the Cubs do win this, them and the Brewers would have the same amount of losses at the end of today. I expect this division to be tight all season. Cards are currently in 3rd at 30-28, 3 games back of the Brewers. They have the day off today as well.

I did not realize the Cubs were no longer in first place. Good luck.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

I left the game with the Mets up 3-2. It is now tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 9th. We hoped Thor would get the win but the bullpen again can't keep a lead. :(

Did you have fun? Cubs are up 5-3 in the 8th over a red hot Rockies team. A win tonight will put the Cubs back in 1st place by % points over the Brewers in the NL Central. Brewers are getting blown out 15-0 by the Fish haha . 

The Mets are still 3-3 top of the 10th.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Did you have fun? Cubs are up 5-3 in the 8th over a red hot Rockies team. A win tonight will put the Cubs back in 1st place by % points over the Brewers in the NL Central. Brewers are getting blown out 15-0 by the Fish haha . 

The Mets are still 3-3 top of the 10th.

Yes, I had a lot of fun. I was happy to see and spend time with many people I have not seen in a while. The game itself was competitive. That's always good.

Ron Darling was back. The stadium showed him on the big screen and played the song "Welcome Back, Welcome Back, Welcome Back". We were happy to see him return after treatment for cancer. 

Cubs win! 6-3 over the Rockies. Glad to see Strop is back, he pitched a flawless 9th. Brewers lost 16-0 to the Fish. In just 2 days the momentum has shifted back to the Cubs in the division. Cubs are now 33-26 back in 1st place in the NL Central. Brewers fall to 34-27.

Cubs 33-26 (55.9%) in 1st by % points

Brewers 34-27 (55.7%)

Fly the flag Hozer, as of June 4th we are in 1st in the NL Central.

During the game, I spoke to a man on my right. He told me that his daughter was in school in Pittsburgh and that he went to a game at their ball park while visiting her there. He said he liked that stadium a lot. He said it was a lot smaller than CitiField. 

@PuntersArePeopleToo I can't recall if you visited that stadium. Have you?

@buccolts Have you been to a game at the current stadium in Pittsburgh?

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

Im really starting to like the Gonzales pick up, though it could mean the end of Zobrist :Cry:There’s rumors that he may not come back this season. I wish him and his children well with the situation they’re dealing with, that’s more important then anything at the moment!

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Im really starting to like the Gonzales pick up, though it could mean the end of Zobrist :Cry:There’s rumors that he may not come back this season. I wish him and his children well with the situation they’re dealing with, that’s more important then anything at the moment!

Yeah Benny is clutch and a favorite of mine but does have personal problems. That catch by Gonzales vs the Angels was unreal. One of the best catches I have seen all year. 

21 hours ago, NFLfan said:

During the game, I spoke to a man on my right. He told me that his daughter was in school in Pittsburgh and that he went to a game at their ball park while visiting her there. He said he liked that stadium a lot. He said it was a lot smaller than CitiField. 

@PuntersArePeopleToo I can't recall if you visited that stadium. Have you?

@buccolts Have you been to a game at the current stadium in Pittsburgh?

Correct I have not had the chance to, I plan on going when the Cubs face them and Indians are also home so I can go to both stadiums. Earliest will be 2020 season as I would have this year but my internship takes all my days. 

I have been to Wrigley, Guaranteed Rate, Busch, Miller Park, GABP, Yankee Stadium, Citi Field, Citizens Bank, Fenway, Kauffman, Rogers Centre.  I plan on going to Arlington in Aug/Sept for labor day weekend.

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What a week

Monday-CarGo arrives 

Wednesday-Craig Kimberly is signed

Yeah both are huge additions. The Kimbrel signing is gigantic as our Bullpen has given away at least 4 or 5 games so far this season. Kimbrel had his choice of several teams but chose the Cubs :thmup:

Cubs are rolling tonight, 8-3 now in the 7th. Brewers are down 8-1 in the 7th. Great week so far for the Cubs + adding Kimbrel to the pitching staff. Cubs have just simply been one of the best franchises over the last 5 years in Baseball. Glad to see after stinking for years. I could argue the Cubs have been the best franchise in Baseball over the last 5 years (2015-2019) because they have won more games than any team in that time frame and won a WS in 2016.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, Cubs win again! 9-8 over a tough Rockies team. Cubs now improve to 34-26 on the season. Brewers lost and fall to 34-28. Cubs now have a full game lead in the NL Central. Fly the flag Hozer. 

Our new weapon will be joining the team soon in Craig Kimbrel baby! lisa simpson dancing GIF

Congrats! 

Kept hearing the Kimbrel rumors but didn’t want to believe it until confirmed. Well now it’s confirmed! Welcome to the team Sir!!! Hope you brought the heat with you, because the Cubs were dying for a quality closer! Couple bats are also coming back alive in Contreras/Bote, this could be fun!!!

5 minutes ago, HOZER said:

Kept hearing the Kimbrel rumors but didn’t want to believe it until confirmed. Well now it’s confirmed! Welcome to the team Sir!!! Hope you brought the heat with you, because the Cubs were dying for a quality closer! Couple bats are also coming back alive in Contreras/Bote, this could be fun!!!

This evens the playing field level with what the Astros, Yankees, and Dodgers have in getting Kimbrel. Strop is healthy now too. Bote is so solid. We have won more games than any team over the last 5 years, time for Title #2. 

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This evens the playing field level with what the Astros, Yankees, and Dodgers have in getting Kimbrel. Strop is healthy now too. Bote is so solid. We have won more games than any team over the last 5 years, time for Title #2. 

Best team in baseball this year may be the Twins. Have you seen what they're doing?

Great signing for the Cubs.

Archived