Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • 2006Coltsbestever

    5822

  • NFLfan

    2289

  • Jay Kirk

    2231

  • PrincetonTiger

    1838

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just wanted to let everyone know I still feel healthy, just working a lot. Hozer and I miss doing play by play of Cubs games on here and commenting on the games. Everything will be back to normal soon

As most of you know, I'm a Cardinals fan.  But you don't know that at one time I was a Cubs fan.  This was in the early 1980's while I was in college and got cable TV.  Our TV provider had WGN and sin

Posted Images

Well Im back been a long haul , my wife being blind had rotator cuff surgery and been in bad turn at same time so my cups been full.  But look lol the Central is just about where I left it. 162 games tells the story . Cards Cubs Brewers all right there together.

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well Im back been a long haul , my wife being blind had rotator cuff surgery and been in bad turn at same time so my cups been full.  But look lol the Central is just about where I left it. 162 games tells the story . Cards Cubs Brewers all right there together.

 

So glad to have you back here with us. :excited: Hope it gets easier for you and your wife and you can enjoy the rest of the summer. :grouphug:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Well Im back been a long haul , my wife being blind had rotator cuff surgery and been in bad turn at same time so my cups been full.  But look lol the Central is just about where I left it. 162 games tells the story . Cards Cubs Brewers all right there together.

Yeah what a division it has been. Heading into June 20th:

 

Cubs 40-33

Brewers 40-34 (.5 back)

Cards 38-35 (2 back)

 

-Glad you are back Jay, we were worried about you. Best wishes to your wife.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome back Jay!!! I knew you’d be back!!!! This place wasn’t the same without you, but absolutely understand you have more important things to handle.

 

 

 

 

Cubs start a 4 game series against those Bums the Mets:funny:...........lol just messing with you again NFLfan, should be a good series, hopefully! Chatwood (:Cry:)gets the start on the mound tonight in place of Hendricks who is on the IL, and our up and coming prospect Adbert Alzolay was called up to back him up, so hoping for a good one tonight!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HOZER said:

Welcome back Jay!!! I knew you’d be back!!!! This place wasn’t the same without you, but absolutely understand you have more important things to handle.

 

 

 

 

Cubs start a 4 game series against those Bums the Mets:funny:...........lol just messing with you again NFLfan, should be a good series, hopefully! Chatwood (:Cry:)gets the start on the mound tonight in place of Hendricks who is on the IL, and our up and coming prospect Adbert Alzolay was called up to back him up, so hoping for a good one tonight!

Chatwood haha . I guess the Brewers will be back in 1st after tonight lmao 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Chatwood haha . I guess the Brewers will be back in 1st after tonight lmao 

I know right, hoping that if he collapses, again, it’ll be early and the damage is kept to a minimum for Alzolay. Really hoping he’s the real deal! The strategy against Chatwood is easy, just stand there, he’s a walk machine.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HOZER said:

I know right, hoping that if he collapses, again, it’ll be early and the damage is kept to a minimum for Alzolay. Really hoping he’s the real deal! The strategy against Chatwood is easy, just stand there, he’s a walk machine.

Everytime he or Darvish pitches I expect the worse lmao 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

 

Cubs are playing the Mets. You should have no worries. Lol.

You’d be surprised, my couch is a better pitcher then Chatwood.

 

3-0 Mets in the third.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello guys...Chatwood was not as bad as you expected. 

 

I love the Mets announcers...as I am writing Baez hits a HR. Lol. Anyway, the announcers are pulling for Baez to win a Gold Glove. They said he should win the Platinum Glove as the best overall defender.

 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

El Mago, she is gone 7-3 now.

 

I'm not gone. :P

 

(Merges :( )

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hello guys...Chatwood was not as bad as you expected. 

 

I love the Mets announcers...as I am writing Baez hits a HR. Lol. Anyway, the announcers are pulling for Baez to win a Gold Glove. They said he should win the Platinum Glove as the best overall defender.

 

 

I'm not gone. :P

 

(Merges :( )

 

Merges rule haha 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win, Cubs win 7-4. Fly the flag Hozer. 41-33 now. By the way the Brewers lost too haha 

Alzolay hey hey hey!!! Good first game for the kid!!! Please Theo let him start over Chatwood next time!!!

 

4F057BFA-19A5-433C-9DBB-07EB5AE91869.thumb.jpeg.c226553f26f1b8965ce2e4102da246ac.jpeg

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HOZER said:

Alzolay hey hey hey!!! Good first game for the kid!!! Please Theo let him start over Chatwood next time!!!

 

Absolutely. Is it Theo that does not want him to play? Is it not Maddon's decision?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

 

Absolutely. Is it Theo that does not want him to play? Is it not Maddon's decision?

Theo is the puppet master. In all seriousness I’m sure they’re both fine with them playing especially after last nightIn all seriousness I’m sure they’re both fine with them playing especially after last night

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, HOZER said:

Theo is the puppet master. In all seriousness I’m sure they’re both fine with them playing especially after last nightIn all seriousness I’m sure they’re both fine with them playing especially after last night

Wow not sure what happened there, lol 

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mets win 5-4, I called it today. Series tied at 1-1. Tomorrow Q vs Wheeler, Sunday Hamels vs deGrom. Both afternoon games. Cubs are still in 1st place in the NL Central but tend to lose games they shouldn't. Yu still winless at Wrigley lmao 

 

The Mets won a game vs the Cubs??

 

say what weird al yankovic GIF

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • NFLfan changed the title to Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member


  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • I get #1 and I especially #4. #4 worries me. I think #2 & especially #3 would be greatly reduced with us, just like with Phil.
    • I wouldn't say trading for Stafford could happen "easily"  They aren't trading him unless they get someone they feel is a better option.   If they can't,   they won't trade him
    • Good post on Hilton: One critical element, regarding Hilton is; who’s going to be throwing to him? People say he’s declining and to some degree that’s true but he really hasn’t had a “gunslinger” throwing to him since Luck and I believe that effects people’s perception of him.       I like Mack but he may warrant better money elsewhere. If Taylor went down, it would be nice to plug him in and having running backs with “fresh legs” at the end of the year, would be key in making a postseason run.      Hooker is expendable. I hope they find a way to keep Rhodes. (It’s going to be interesting to see how the secondary shakes out).     I think they’ll keep Autry and/or Houston but that could change if they think Lewis could step in.      I disagree that MAC is a “one note player”. He’s an above average blocker, a good route runner and good at 50/50 balls. He was hampered by injury, so he looks lumbering in his receiving game but I don’t think we’ve seen the best of his game yet.      
    • I believe Houston was on the feild more than Autry too. Never mind Autry was played a bit more.
    • TY Hilton - If he's not willing to take a paycut down to WR2 money then I'm fine with moving on from him.  Loved what he's done for the org but he's not a WR1 anymore.  I'd rather pay him WR2 money and sign a True #1.   Marlon Mack - His spot at this point is taken.  I'm fine with moving forward with JT, Hines, and possibly drafting a young bruiser or signing a vet for cheap.  If he's willing to come back on a prove it deal then fine, otherwise he can test the market.   Justin Houston - Resign him.  2yr deal with an option.  Coming off one of his best years.  He was definitely our best pass rusher.  Health isn't a concern but age is.  I'd say bring him back.  Not too expensive however.  That may prove to be a problem if he's looking to cash out before retirement.   Denico Autry - I want to bring him back, but if another team try to force us to overpay for him then we should let him walk.   Xavier Rhodes - I was impressed by Rhodes this year.  Bring him back, but not for #1 CB money.  I don't think he's there.  #2 CB money for him and I'm ok.   Anthony Walker Jr. - He can walk.  We need an upgrade.  I'd be fine with drafting his replacement.  But if we can't find anyone I'm down to bring him back.   Malik Hooker - Same as Marlon Mack.  JB has taken his spot.  Either come back on a prove it deal or he can walk also.   Jacoby Brissett - We need to wait and see how our QB search plays out.  If we are able to grab Wentz, Staff, or Wats, then I'm ok with Eason being the backup.  But if we fail on the 3 mentioned and Ballard isn't sold on Eason, I'm fine with JB being a stopgap.  He'll play good enough to keep us competitive but not so good where we have trash draft capital.   Zach Pascal - IDK about this one.  We need to upgrade at WR but due injuries depth is a concern.  50/50.   Mo-Alie Cox - Resign ASAP!  I think MAC is a diamond in the rough.  I honestly think he can be the next Antonio Gates.  Not sure why we don't utilize him more.  
  • Members

    • 07dleigh

      07dleigh 56

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Nadine

      Nadine 6,242

      Administrators
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • luv_pony_express

      luv_pony_express 446

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • ipljeff

      ipljeff 0

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • BeanDiasucci

      BeanDiasucci 168

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • jvan1973

      jvan1973 4,724

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • colts8718

      colts8718 125

      Senior Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • davidshoff

      davidshoff 1

      Rookie
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • lincolndefan

      lincolndefan 67

      Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
    • Colts.sb41

      Colts.sb41 17

      New Member
      Joined:
      Last active:
×
×
  • Create New...