Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

1 minute ago, HOZER said:

First off....what a terrifying moment tonight, I can’t begin to imagine what Almora felt after that as he’s a parent of two toddlers...so awful!!!! Glad she’s going to be ok it seems, here’s another link. Heartbreaking. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1281122001

Although I’m happy for the win, I would take a loss if it meant that didn’t happen to the poor little tike.....but I’ll still dust this thing off.....

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

I agree, great post. Glad the kid will be fine. What a scary moment. Yeah the flag was collecting dust there for a minute :funny:

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, HOZER said:

First off....what a terrifying moment tonight, I can’t begin to imagine what Almora felt after that as he’s a parent of two toddlers...so awful!!!! Glad she’s going to be ok it seems, here’s another link. Heartbreaking. https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/1281122001

Although I’m happy for the win, I would take a loss if it meant that didn’t happen to the poor little tike.....but I’ll still dust this thing off.....

40F154A3-731F-4C6E-8790-55B55B44F409.jpeg.63e418470744f2caa52ab33a88324fd8.jpeg

Thanks for the article. It got very silent at that stadium. I'm surprised they kept Almora in. He seemed so shook up.

The article does not necessarily say that the kid is ok. It says she was taken to the hospital as a precautionary measure. Hope she is fine.

Anyway, the players on this Cubs team are very likeable. 

Just now, NFLfan said:

These Dodgers hitters are so tough. Mets and Dodgers tied 3-3 in the bottom of the 3rd. Men on first and third and 2 outs for Dodgers.

Dodgers are very good every year but still haven't won a WS with this group. Every year it seems like it may be their year but then they fold in the WS or the NLCS.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers are very good every year but still haven't won a WS with this group. Every year it seems like it may be their year but then they fold in the WS or the NLCS.

They played better teams. No one was beating the Red Sox last year. The year before was Houston's year. Maybe this year the Dodgers will win. 

Btw, Minnesota Twins are looking good. Best record in baseball as of this morning. 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

They played better teams. No one was beating the Red Sox last year. The year before was Houston's year. Maybe this year the Dodgers will win. 

Btw, Minnesota Twins are looking good. Best record in baseball as of this morning. 

Dodgers should've beat Houston IMO, they had Game 7 at home. I do agree though, they have lost to great teams the last 3 years. Cubs beat them in 2016 (NLCS), Houston in 2017, Sox last year. Some teams just have bad luck and never get over the hump. Look at the Indians for example the last 3 years too.

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Dodgers should've beat Houston IMO, they had Game 7 at home. I do agree though, they have lost to great teams the last 3 years. Cubs beat them in 2016 (NLCS), Houston in 2017, Sox last year. Some teams just have bad luck and never get over the hump. Look at the Indians for example the last 3 years too.

They lost to the WS champs every year. haha

Mets lead 5-3 now, after the 2nd 2-run HR in this game by our rookie Pete Alonso.

They lost to the WS champs every year. haha

Mets lead 5-3 now, after the 2nd 2-run HR in this game by our rookie Pete Alonso.

True but they were better than Houston in 2017 all year until Game 7 of the WS. Cubs and Sox were definitely better, those teams had special seasons winning a ton of games. 2017 should've been the Dodgers year.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

True but they were better than Houston in 2017 all year until Game 7 of the WS. Cubs and Sox were definitely better, those teams had special seasons winning a ton of games. 2017 should've been the Dodgers year.

I thought Houston was a great team. I was not surprised that they won.

Let's see what happens this year. 

I thought Houston was a great team. I was not surprised that they won.

Let's see what happens this year. 

Houston was and is a great team but the Dodgers were favored in that series. It's up in the air this season. I can't believe how well the Twins are doing right now. Indians are in trouble.

5 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

@NFLfan, sorry but the Mets lost 9-8. Can't believe they blew a 4 run lead.

Thanks, buddy.

The prized closer we traded for blew the save. It is infuriating. :flaming:  We give up very good prospects for this pitcher who is supposed to be lights out. To make the trade happen, we take on Robinson Cano's crazy contract (Brock Osweiler-esque). Seattle's top prospect is a guy we gave up in that trade. I'm very disappointed but not surprised. That is what you get when you trade good prospects for older players. :scorebad:

We waste an ok start by Noah. Now we have our worst pitcher going against one of the best hitting teams. :facepalm:

I'm annoyed. :rantoff:

16 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Thanks, buddy.

The prized closer we traded for blew the save. It is infuriating. :flaming:  We give up very good prospects for this pitcher who is supposed to be lights out. To make the trade happen, we take on Robinson Cano's crazy contract (Brock Osweiler-esque). Seattle's top prospect is a guy we gave up in that trade. I'm very disappointed but not surprised. That is what you get when you trade good prospects for older players. :scorebad:

We waste an ok start by Noah. Now we have our worst pitcher going against one of the best hitting teams. :facepalm:

I'm annoyed. :rantoff:

You guys gave one away. Sorry that happened. Cubs have done that a couple of times this year too. Should never blow an 8-5 lead in the 9th so I see your frustration. 

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Anything confirmed?

Nothing confirmed yet other then she was conscious and alert and taken to hospital for precautionary measures. I will be surprised if she is unscathed, I can only imagine the amount of swelling a hit like that would cause, and sometimes it’s very difficult to diagnose head injuries/concussions on children that age. I’m sure they’re keeping things on the down low for now due to the sue happy lawyers that will inevitably be pounding on their doors! 

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

I’m sure they’re keeping things on the down low for now due to the sue happy lawyers that will inevitably be pounding on their doors! 

True! When I was 16 or 17, I was a passenger in a car accident involving 6 vehicles on a highway. These lawyers kept  calling my parents encouraging them to sue. I refused to cooperate. One got me on the telephone and tried to persuade me. I don't believe he was allowed to do that (I was a minor). I told him that the driver of the car that I was in was my friend and I did not want to sue him or anyone else. They really go after money.

I hope the kid is fine. She was crying so much. 

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

True! When I was 16 or 17, I was a passenger in a car accident involving 6 vehicles on a highway. These lawyers kept  calling my parents encouraging them to sue. I refused to cooperate. One got me on the telephone and tried to persuade me. I don't believe he was allowed to do that (I was a minor). I told him that the driver of the car that I was in was my friend and I did not want to sue him or anyone else. They really go after money.

I hope the kid is fine. She was crying so much. 

Wow I’m glad you came out of that accident ok!!! You are a good friend.

2 hours ago, HOZER said:

Wow I’m glad you came out of that accident ok!!! You are a good friend.

I was fine, thankfully. I had trouble walking for a couple of weeks and the barrette in my hair broke. I assumed I must have hit my head a bit, but there was no bump or bruise. There was no reason to sue anyone. Too many people sue for no good reason. 

4 hours ago, HOZER said:

Blind-As-A-Bat--78565.jpg

Tonights home plate umpire.

Yeah I just seen the call in the 10th inning that should've been a strike call for the 2nd out. That did influence the game a lot at the end. We need to score more than 1 run though. Cards take the 1st of 3. We are still in 1st place as the Brewers lost. St Louis is always a tough place to play. We have had a rough schedule lately.

Wow is all I can say on that one and laugh. When it isn't in the CARDS for you it is for the Cards lmao . Kolten freakin Wong, coffee lol GIF . Usually teams get breaks but I have never seen a team get breaks like the Cards have this series. The non call strike the other night and now that OZZIE Wong play. Not our series. I can't wait for the Cubs to get back home.

Why did we even take the plane ride to St Louis. We looked like a bunch of chumps this series. Then in the Brewers/Pirates game yesterday you have Yelich hit a fly ball and three dudes stand around and look at the ball and let a sure out drop foul lmao . Next pitch Yelich 3 run HR blast haha . Brewers sounding their lucky scream alarm GIF by ClapForCrap again.

Archived