Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Thanks

7 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Great catch by Almora 

Yes it was a great catch possibly the game saver . By the way Piscotty cleared all concussion protocals so that's good

38 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes it was a great catch possibly the game saver . By the way Piscotty cleared all concussion protocals so that's good

That was tough to watch, felt bad for the guy. Glad he's ok!!!!

Hey, Jay. I read this morning that former Cardinals great Pedro Guerrero was in critical condition after a massive stroke. However he seems to be doing better, as  he was moved out of ICU a few hours ago. He is in a hospital here in NYC. 

I had not known he was a Dodgers player. That must have been before I started watching baseball. I only remember him as a Cardinal.

Let's pray and hope for the best for him.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19084159/former-los-angeles-dodgers-star-pedro-guerrero-wakes-coma

11 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Hey, Jay. I read this morning that former Cardinals great Pedro Guerrero was in critical condition after a massive stroke. However he seems to be doing better, as  he was moved out of ICU a few hours ago. He is in a hospital here in NYC. 

I had not known he was a Dodgers player. That must have been before I started watching baseball. I only remember him as a Cardinal.

Let's pray and hope for the best for him.

http://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/19084159/former-los-angeles-dodgers-star-pedro-guerrero-wakes-coma

Will do , and his early Dodger years were some of his best.Thanks for passing that along.

Another pitchers' duel at CitiField. In the middle of the 4th, no score. There has been only one hit in the game, which came at the top of the 4th. Let's see if the Mets can get a hit off their old teammate Bartolo Colon.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am at work right now and been busy so I haven't been able to really follow the game much today. I seen where the Cubs/Cards got postponed.

Yep, postponed due to threat of severe weather. It is rescheduled for tomorrow. Day game.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/ct-cubs-jon-jay-javier-baez-20170405-story,amp.html

DeGrom pitched a great game. He left after 95 pitches with a 1-0 lead. Our reliever promptly gives up a triple, a walk and a double. He now hit a batter. Ugh.

Bases loaded, 1 out in the top of 7th. Pitching change.

Update:

2 outs now after strikeout of the PH. Great to see Colon out. He also pitched well.

I got home a little while ago. I can now watch the game on TV and not follow it on my cell.

Bottom of the 9th, still tied 1-1. Heart of the order coming up for the Mets. 

Update:

Leadoff man on with a walk. Cespedes hits into 4-6-3 DP. Grandy flies out. :( Going to extra innings.

44 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I got home a little while ago. I can now watch the game on TV and not follow it on my cell.

Bottom of the 9th, still tied 1-1. Heart of the order coming up for the Mets. 

Update:

Leadoff man on with a walk. Cespedes hits into 4-6-3 DP. Grandy flies out. :( Going to extra innings.

I am home now. I went in early today and just worked 12 hours, wore out but just got me a beer and catching up on the sports today. By the way it's 1-1 in the 11th now. I am filling in for someone part of the week. I miss my midnights already! I don't see how people can work days, it's killing me as I did it yesterday too. I could barely stay up and watch the Cubs last night. Things are so much more laid back at night.

35 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am home now. I went in early today and just worked 12 hours, wore out but just got me a beer and catching up on the sports today. By the way it's 1-1 in the 11th now. I am filling in for someone part of the week. I miss my midnights already! I don't see how people can work days, it's killing me as I did it yesterday too. I could barely stay up and watch the Cubs last night. Things are so much more laid back at night.

Get some rest. Enjoy the game tomorrow.

5 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Braves scored 2 in the top of the 12th. 3-1 Braves in the bottom of the 12th. 2 out. It is almost 11ET here. Have to sign put -- going to sleep. 

Update:

Braves win 3-1

Yeah I just seen that, that is a tough way to lose when you lose in extra's. Mets look like they have outstanding Pitching but not much hitting. You have already posted that though.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Get some rest. Enjoy the game tomorrow.

Yeah I had Sunday and Monday off but had to go in real early Tuesday and I was tired last night. Today was really tough because I worked 12. I am going in a little later tomorrow so I will be feel better tomorrow. At night it's just easier where I work and once it gets quiet I can get on the internet and follow games.

10 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I had Sunday and Monday off but had to go in real early Tuesday and I was tired last night. Today was really tough because I worked 12. I am going in a little later tomorrow so I will be feel better tomorrow. At night it's just easier where I work and once it gets quiet I can get on the internet and follow games.

You must work for a freight company. :)  

2 hours ago, BrentMc11 said:

You must work for a freight company. :)  

Yeah where I work at we get a lot of trucks in and it's extremely busy during the day, a lot of walking and keeping track of Tractor Trailers (truck audit's and you have to be 100% on your audit or you can get in trouble). At night not near as bad, + during the day you have to deal with management more which is a complete headache at times. At night I am basically my own boss. I am going in around 7 tonight and gonna watch this Cubs game shortly. I am on vacation after tonight, heading out to my parents house to watch their house and 2 dogs. They are leaving town for a week so time to watch the dogs lmao. My mom is leaving me a bunch of food, cooked me hamburgers and bought me a bunch of lunch meat. My step-dad bought me 2 cases of beer + they have steaks I can thaw out so I will probably cook out over the weekend.

Archived