Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Just found the story and a Met fan from NJ was very upset that he missed out on the start of Monday's game because of transit issues

I had not heard of that, but there are transit issues sometimes. 

Was this person's reaction outrageous?

17 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Took 2 out of 3 in St Louis, great stuff. Big Kyle jacked one out!

Yes that was set up by a fluke play in wich Cecil struck out the guy ball hit dirt Yadi blocked it , lol it stuck on the front of his chest protector there for he couldn't find it, that is sure to stick around for some time never seen it in watching baseball for 53 years will probably never see it again. Regaurdless Cecil let it get in his head and fell apart. You have to be stronger minded than that. From what I see Cards and Cubs very evenly matched its gonna make for a fun year IMO. Was very pleased with Lynn's first outing back from Tommy John .Congrats to Cubs on winning the series looking forward to the match-ups this year.

6 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes that was set up by a fluke play in wich Cecil struck out the guy ball hit dirt Yadi blocked it , lol it stuck on the front of his chest protector there for he couldn't find it, that is sure to stick around for some time never seen it in watching baseball for 53 years will probably never see it again. Regaurdless Cecil let it get in his head and fell apart. You have to be stronger minded than that. From what I see Cards and Cubs very evenly matched its gonna make for a fun year IMO. Was very pleased with Lynn's first outing back from Tommy John .Congrats to Cubs on winning the series looking forward to the match-ups this year.

I actually had to do some running around for about an hour and missed that and the Kyle homer. Just now getting caught up on everything. When we fell behind 3-0 it looked bad but the Cubs are never out of anything. I have never seen a team come back and win like they do against quality good teams too. Like coming back vs Giants, Dodgers, and Indians during the Playoffs in several games. The Cards look pretty good to me, I have to be honest going into this I thought Cards would win 2 out of 3 just because being in St Louis to start the season and Cubs having a hangover from winning it all. Bryant sure has a hangover though lmao. He is struggling bigtime early.

15 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

The Cards need to fix their bullpen and clutch hitting

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Cards need to fix their bullpen and clutch hitting

Agreed I think the Cubs face same problems , if it wasn't for that great catch the other night the Bull pen could've blew that one. Other than Cecil the Bull pen was fine today. Great at bat by Jay in that inning as well , however he being a Card for that many years I blame Matheny on that one. Jay is a lifetime 300 batter against lefties .  The Cubs bullpen was sharp today. I still think you may have to go get a closer though. Was a big strike out of Fowler . If that hadn't transpired could've been different. 

9 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Agreed I think the Cubs face same problems , if it wasn't for that great catch the other night the Bull pen could've blew that one. Other than Cecil the Bull pen was fine today. Great at bat by Jay in that inning as well , however he being a Card for that many years I blame Matheny on that one. Jay is a lifetime 300 batter against lefties .  The Cubs bullpen was sharp today. I still think you may have to go get a closer though. Was a big strike out of Fowler . If that hadn't transpired could've been different. 

Both teams look to have the same problems, almost mirror's of each other. I am glad to see Heyward finally hitting well.

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

the Cubs are never out of anything. I have never seen a team come back and win like they do against quality good teams too

I wish I could say the same about the Mets. No team wastes more good pitching than the Mets. This has been the case for years. Last year the Mets hit something like .225 with men in scoring position. Anyway, I could go on and on but I won't bore you. haha

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I wish I could say the same about the Mets. No team wastes more good pitching than the Mets. This has been the case for years. Last year the Mets hit something like .225 with men in scoring position. Anyway, I could go on and on but I won't bore you. haha

Yeah they have awesome Pitching, they just need a clutch guy they can count on in the late Innings when guys are on base.

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Both teams look to have the same problems, almost mirror's of each other. I am glad to Hayward finally hitting well.

Yes so was I , was also happy to see Wong sting the ball , great play by Zobrist on the one towards the middle . The Cards bullpen will get much stronger in the next couple weeks when Rosenthal returns probably as Closer was lights out in spring. Also Lyons will be back . there are plenty of young guns they can go to in the farm system if they don't like what they see.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes so was I , was also happy to see Wong sting the ball , great play by Zobrist on the one towards the middle . The Cards bullpen will get much stronger in the next couple weeks when Rosenthal returns probably as Closer was lights out in spring. Also Lyons will be back . there are plenty of young guns they can go to in the farm system if they don't like what they see.

I miss having the Chap factor, man last season was so fun. He was just so different with his 100MPH Pitching. Wade Davis has looked good so far though.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I miss having the Chap factor, man last season was so fun. He was just so different with his 100MPH Pitching. Wade Davis has looked good so far though.

Time will tell on if not signing Chap was a good move or not.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

I would've re-signed him. IMO watching the Cubs all season the bullpen was the one area that always scared me. I think other than Bryant, Rizzo, Zobrist, Jake, Lester, and Hendricks - Chap was the most important player on the team. Fowler was in that mix too and we lost him to you guys. Maddon couldn't trust anyone else other than Chap in the Playoffs late in games and used him a ton!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I would've re-signed him. IMO watching the Cubs all season the bullpen was the one area that always scared me. I think other than Bryant, Rizzo, Zobrist, Jake, Lester, and Hendricks - Chap was the most important player on the team. Fowler was in that mix too and we lost him to you guys. Maddon couldn't trust anyone else other than Chap in the Playoffs late in games and used him a ton!

He probably used him to much , You don't want a team to see your closer to much in a short period , but I understand why Maddon did it.

12 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

15 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He was a pure rental

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Without that rental we don't win the WS. Later guys/Gals.

So true

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

True. When he was traded, the media in NY said he would probably re-sign with the Yankees. And he did.

Exactly

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Yes that rental did pay off

Yes it did

Archived