Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

6-0 Mets going to the 8th. Safe to say they have this one in the bag. Nice opening day win for them.

That's great. :D. We needed Teheran out of there. Too bad Noah could not get the win. 

I believe the Mets have the best Opening Day record in the majors.

16 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

I should really be asleep right now......but as the Cubs proved in the World Series, never count them out. 1st game of the season....1st game of the season......as PT says, everything will be ok...lol.

That's the sign of good teams Championship caliber teams , they never give up and keep plugging to the last out. Something my Cards didn't seem to have till it was to late once the found it they made a galant effort at the playoffs but came up short. I went to bed but didn't go to sleep , we ended up watching the whole thing. Then I was keyed up took a while to go to sleep , 5am came real quick . Payed for it all day at work .haha

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

That's the sign of good teams Championship caliber teams , they never give up and keep plugging to the last out. Something my Cards didn't seem to have till it was to late once the found it they made a galant effort at the playoffs but came up short. I went to bed but didn't go to sleep , we ended up watching the whole thing. Then I was keyed up took a while to go to sleep , 5am came real quick . Payed for it all day at work .haha

Yeah it's tough to sleep when your favorite team is on, I can never do it either until I know whether they win or lose.

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I went to bed but didn't go to sleep , we ended up watching the whole thing. Then I was keyed up took a while to go to sleep , 5am came real quick . Payed for it all day at work .

Me too. haha I set my alarm for 5:15. I was so tired when I woke up. 

Nice win for the Mets. 6-0 over the Braves who have a pretty good team with Freddie Freeman, Matt Kemp, Swanson, and Brandon Phillips.

3 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah he looked really good. The Cubs bats really struggled for most of the game.

He was shaky to start but he very hard to hit when the fastball is running different speeds from anywhere between 95 to 100 it makes his change at 90 devastating. Lester pitched decent as well. Stupid mistake by Carpenter about cost them. Both of these teams will be very very good , but already had that figured out.

1 minute ago, Jay Kirk said:

He was shaky to start but he very hard to hit when the fastball is running different speeds from anywhere between 95 to 100 it makes his change at 90 devastating. Lester pitched decent as well. Stupid mistake by Carpenter about cost them. Both of these teams will be very very good , but already had that figured out.

Yeah I expected a game like last night. I figured going in it was 50/50.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thank God there is instant replay otherwise he would've ruled out.

Please describe the play and what happened.  PT said he should have been out.

(Now that I am out of work, I can talk (write) more freely.)

22 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

Please describe the play and what happened.  PT said he should have been out.

(Now that I am out of work, I can talk (write) more freely.)

He was probably referring to the Catcher not blocking the plate properly on that play. The Mets guy slid right under him to be safe. Replay showed he was safe but initially he was called out.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Orioles take down the Jays in 11 Innings with a HR. Those 2 teams always play great games.

There have been some good games this Opening Day (yesterday and today). I am going to watch a recording of the Mets game in a few minutes.

What did you think of Thor? I love that kid. My 2 favorite players now are 24 years old -- Syndergaard and Bridgewater.

4 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

There have been some good games this Opening Day (yesterday and today). I am going to watch a recording of the Mets game in a few minutes.

What did you think of Thor? I love that kid. My 2 favorite players now are 24 years old -- Syndergaard and Bridgewater.

I am out of LIKES again lmao. My 2 favorite players are Luck and Bryant both very young too. Syndergaard is in Kershaw's, MadBum's, and Jake's class. He is a true #1! I personally like Jake better than Lester regarding the Cubs. I think he will get the win tomorrow.

31 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am out of LIKES again lmao. My 2 favorite players are Luck and Bryant both very young too. Syndergaard is in Kershaw's, MadBum's, and Jake's class. He is a true #1! I personally like Jake better than Lester regarding the Cubs. I think he will get the win tomorrow.

He will if your Cubs score more runs lol , Right now Id give the Cubs an edge because I don't know which Wainright we will see . Id rather Wacha was matched against Jake .

5 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

He will if your Cubs score more runs lol , Right now Id give the Cubs an edge because I don't know which Wainright we will see . Id rather Wacha was matched against Jake .

Yeah I just trust Jake more. When he was going in Game 6 last season in the WS I felt pretty good about it.

39 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Hendricks, Arrieta, Lackey, Lester in that order.

I like Syndergaard, deGrom, Matz, Harvey and Zach Wheeler in that order. I used to love Harvey but I would not mind trading him for a good contact hitter. I like two other starters we have Robert Gsellman and Seth Lugo.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I like Jake, Hendricks, Lester, and Lackey in that order. Regarding the Title team last season I would love the Combo of Jake and Chapman in any big game.

For the Cards I like Martinez Wacha Lynn Wainright Leak , If Reyes didn't have surgery he would've been either in front of Wacha or right behind. The Cards have more capable young guns you will see before the years out or if someone is injured.

40 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I like Syndergaard, deGrom, Matz, Harvey and Zach Wheeler in that order. I used to love Harvey but I would not mind trading him for a good contact hitter. I like two other starters we have Robert Gsellman and Seth Lugo.

That leaves you with a strong bullpen IMO

On 4/1/2017 at 2:07 PM, southwest1 said:

Great video, SW1! Love the song and the pictures/video of the greats of baseball's past. 

One of the things I miss most about old time sports radio (from the 1980's and '90s) is talking about the history of baseball. All the moments shown in that video occurred before I was born but I can name many of them because the folks on the radio used to talk about them.

One of those moments shown is Jackie Robinson stealing home on Yogi Berra. Yogi went to his grave saying that he got him out. I heard him interviewed many times talking about it. RIP Yogi. Most people agree it was a bad call. Nowadays we would have replay to overturn the call.

Anyway, love the video!

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lmao. You never know about Baseball. Sometimes teams come out of nowhere and surprise.

Very true! Hopefully my Reds increase their win total from last year. That's all I ask of my beloved Reds haha...

18 hours ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Reminder 

Everything Will Be Okay

Indeed! And if we do have a lackluster season, at least that means the tickets will possibly be cheap later on! 

16 hours ago, Jay Kirk said:

Welcome to the Thread , we have a lot of fun in here , nice to have you.

Thanks! It's always good to have baseball season back. 

12 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Very true! Hopefully my Reds increase their win total from last year. That's all I ask of my beloved Reds haha...

Indeed! And if we do have a lackluster season, at least that means the tickets will possibly be cheap later on! 

Glad to have you here. Too bad the Mets are set at SS. I like the the Reds SS very much. For the past 2 years here, I have been "banging on the table" for the Mets to trade for him. haha I know he got injured and was out for a long time. Hope he is doing better.

Good luck to your Reds.

59 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Not to mention a higher draft slot

Was a bit of an injury filled day yesterday. Synndergard and Felix got hurt. Junior Guerra is on crutches after limping from a Sac Bunt. A person was saying it could be an achilles tendon injury and it looked similar to the wainwright injury. 

Lots of good pitching performances from Thor, Teheran, Keuchel, and Kershaw. Verlander had a good one today vs the White Sox as well. Hope some people show up tonight!

13 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Was a bit of an injury filled day yesterday. Synndergard and Felix got hurt. Junior Guerra is on crutches after limping from a Sac Bunt. A person was saying it could be an achilles tendon injury and it looked similar to the wainwright injury. 

Lots of good pitching performances from Thor, Teheran, Keuchel, and Kershaw. Verlander had a good one today vs the White Sox as well. Hope some people show up tonight!

Thor will be fine. As he said, it is just a blister. Thankfully the Mets have a deep pitching rotation and will give him an extra day of rest. He will pitch Sunday. I might go to the game. 

17 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Was watching the Colorado-Milwaukee game and the Guerra injury looked scary

Archived