Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, PrincetonTiger said:

FSMW-Fox Sports Midwest(Cardinals Flagship)

Never heard of it. I live in Colorado, so I wouldn't see something like that. They have a near ace in Carlos Martinez. Wainwright is basically done. Wacha may or may not be back. Carpenter is good. Diaz is a nice piece at SS, he should have upside, but SS is really strong around the league now, so it doesn't mean as much now as it would of 5 years ago. Yadier re-signed, but is all defense. As great as his defense is, his bat doesn't help the team much. The rest are wildcards.

With the Cubs as strong as they are and the Pirates hanging around, I see the Cardinals missing the playoffs again, especially with the strength of the other two divisions in the NL.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

lmao. watch Rizzo hit a grandslam in like the 13th Inning. I shouldnt kid about stuff like that.

For some reason, when I stay up to watch baseball games, whether it be daily or yearly fantasy, or my favorite team, bad things will happen the moment I watch it. If I'm gone, or sleep through it, I win. If I watch, I will suffer a devastating loss. Maybe I should do something else til this game is over, lol!

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Yeah, Montgomery isn't very good, lol. Probably for the best he's in the bullpen.

Yeah that was a downer, at least Rizzo didn't do you dirty LOL. Cubs are really struggling with their bats so far this season. I cant believe Zobrist hit into a double play with bases loaded.

Yeah that was a downer, at least Rizzo didn't do you dirty LOL. Cubs are really struggling with their bats so far this season. I cant believe Zobrist hit into a double play with bases loaded.

haha yeah, was worried about Rizzo having another at-bat. Have Goldy and Lindor left in a tourney. Hoping to get another hit in order to get something decent. If not, I'll just make a couple bucks. Going to watch the D-Backs and Indians finish before going to bed.

13 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Struggling early, always happens to someone. Their team isn't as good as it was.

I would beg to differ , lol we are 5 games into a 165 game season . I wouldn't be making judgments just yet . The pitching staff looks excellent , they will be there at the end.

3 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

I would beg to differ , lol we are 5 games into a 165 game season . I wouldn't be making judgments just yet . The pitching staff looks excellent , they will be there at the end.

I will bet you they won't. Nats, Mets, Dodgers, Giants, and Cubs all better IMO. Rockies, D-Backs, and Pirates could also sneak their way in. Cards aren't nearly as good as they used to be. They definitely won't win the division and are an underdog to get a wildcard IMO.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

I will bet you they won't. Nats, Mets, Dodgers, Giants, and Cubs all better IMO. Rockies, D-Backs, and Pirates could also sneak their way in. Cards aren't nearly as good as they used to be. They definitely won't win the division and are an underdog to get a wildcard IMO.

Your story Jared , Will you tell me your wrong if they prove you wrong ?

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I wont bet you like we have in the past for fun haha regarding avatars but Jay might? He is a huge Cards fan. I do think they will be a Wildcard but I wouldn't bet huge on it. Really you cant really truly tell how good teams are until July. Even if the Cubs play .500 ball in April and May I wont be too worried but if they do that and don't pick it up in June I would be concerned.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I wont bet you like we have in the past for fun haha regarding avatars but Jay might? He is a huge Cards fan. I do think they will be a Wildcard but I wouldn't bet huge on it. Really you cant really truly tell how good teams are until July. Even if the Cubs play .500 ball in April and May I wont be too worried but if they do that and don't pick it up in June I would be concerned.

Lol the pitching has been outstanding , that's what I personally needed to see the rest will work itself out.

Right now, either Wainwright or Wacha would have to truly show me they are back to change my mind. Some breakout would have to happen. Cubs will get one spot. Nats/Mets another, and Dodgers/Giants the third. That leaves the losers of those other two division battles probably getting in, with teams like the Rockies, D-Backs, and Pirates in the mix along with the Cardinals. I would say the odds are 1 in 3 for the Cardinals, but that's being generous as I think the Mets and Giants are better.

Right now, either Wainwright or Wacha would have to truly show me they are back to change my mind. Some breakout would have to happen. Cubs will get one spot. Nats/Mets another, and Dodgers/Giants the third. That leaves the losers of those other two division battles probably getting in, with teams like the Rockies, D-Backs, and Pirates in the mix along with the Cardinals. I would say the odds are 1 in 3 for the Cardinals, but that's being generous as I think the Mets and Giants are better.

I have the Cubs/Nats/Giants/Dodgers/Cards as my Playoff teams. I do love the Mets pitching though but their hitting is really suspect.

Wacha is back to rookie form you want to see him ? Today is his day.

2 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Lol the pitching has been outstanding , that's what I personally needed to see the rest will work itself out.

Carlos Martinez is a near ace, I like him. Wainwright is basically done. Wacha showed some solid promise in spring training that he's back, but I want to see it today. Lynn and Leake are solid, but they can be bad at times too. They are what they are, solid 3's. Alex Reyes is out for the year, and that's unfortunate. I think the Cards can make the playoffs as a wildcard next year, but they need a year of growth, especially the OF.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have the Cubs/Nats/Giants/Dodgers/Cards as my Playoff teams. I do love the Mets pitching though but their hitting is really suspect.

Mets hitting is fine IMO. I think they'll score 4-5 runs per game, which is enough for their staff to win 90 games. They aren't the Cubs, but they also aren't some bottom of the barrel team either. I'd guess their hitting finishes middle of the pack in MLB for points per game.

Archived