Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Getting ready to watch my Yankees in game #2.

Enjoy!

Did you see the Centerfield video that Southwest put up? The Yankees greats of the past are prominently shown. I love the part showing Yogi arguing that he tagged out Robinson.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Wainwright and Arrieta for the Cards and Cubs. I have Arrieta in Fanduel tonight, so I trust him. Odorizzi for the Rays and Sabathia for the Yanks I believe.

22 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

CC vs Dorizzi

Thank you. So it is 3-0 Yanks??

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Was a bit of an injury filled day yesterday. Synndergard and Felix got hurt. Junior Guerra is on crutches after limping from a Sac Bunt. A person was saying it could be an achilles tendon injury and it looked similar to the wainwright injury. 

Lots of good pitching performances from Thor, Teheran, Keuchel, and Kershaw. Verlander had a good one today vs the White Sox as well. Hope some people show up tonight!

Hope it wasn't the Achilles  , Wainwright just now back to normal with his leg.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Through 6 Innings 2-1 Cubs. Pretty solid outing for Jake so far, 6 K's too. The Cards are starting to get to him though. 3 more Innings to go. It would be nice to get an insurance run, Bryant nor Rizzo has done anything tonight. They are due.

That was scary, lol. The thing with baseball is, you are never due. They could start out 0/50 if they hit poorly. You just have to bat well. They are .300 hitters, but that doesn't guarantee when it will happen. Could use it in the next few innings as you said.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics

• At least Pryor had played solid in a part-time role the year before. Depending on Pinter to be the RG starter (when he had never played the position) was really misguided.
    • They were probably just willing to try anything in 2022. They suddenly found themselves with a regressed OL and a fumbling statue at QB, who was a sitting duck for outside pressure. Smith wasn't doing Ryan any favors in that regard, but one way around it in-season was to try to use your best OL players in the middle to create some space in the middle for Ryan to step up and avoid outside pressure.   I think it's more about injuries than anything at this point. It's hard to imagine an OL that still has Kelly and Smith on it in a couple of years. 
    • Or if he downed a Pinter, Pryor to going over.
    • I'm also optimistic about Year 2 under Steichen. I wonder, though, what has happened to the people who were pushing for the Colts to retain Jeff Saturday. Do they still think that would have been a better course of action? 
    • Turner is the prototypical modern big man. Space the floor and protect the rim. Could he rebound better? Sure, but he spaces floor on offense which keeps him away from offensive glass and protects the rim which takes him off of the defensive glass at times. There's only so many Embiid's, Wemby's, Davis's, in the league that have the all around offensive  and defensive game.    When he was younger(not that he is old) he was more aggressive in blocking shots which led to injuries and foul trouble. I think he has toned it back a bit to try and avoid injuries and fouls, to be able to play and stay in more games. He did play in the most games(77) he's has played in since his 2nd season(81) in the league, and (16) more than last season, (30-35) more than the 2 prior seasons. So it seems to of helped in that aspect. He still isn't far off his career average though. Just a dip from league leader numbers he's had prior. He also played the fewest minutes per game he has since he was a rookie, so seems to be maybe a concerted effort to try and keep him healthy?   He has played the best he has ever played the last 2 years offensively, direct result of Haliburton, no doubt. And is just now about to turn 28 so entering his prime.   He will never be a big average per game rebounder. He will have games he can get 12-15, but more times than not will be in that 6-7 range.   I for one, still hope the team sees Myles as an integral part of the future.   Siakam is an ok rebounder, but not great, we actually have a really good rebounder on the roster, Tshiebwe, but we need more rebounding from the 1,2,3 spots.   So that seems to be our biggest need to me. We are a good team though reiand the future is bright. Definitely feels like a lost opportunity here. Feel like we should be up 3-1 even with Haliburton missing the 2 games.   Rebounding isn't Toppin's strong suit either as he likes to leak out on the fast break rather than crash boards.   When Toppin and Turner/or Siakam is out there together, there won't be much rebounding going on.   Jackson is a pretty solid rebounder, just creates spacing problems.   Smith is decent rebounder, but I think he opts out of his $5.4m contract and becomes free agent. If not, it just makes it more crowded for potential Tshiebwe minutes.           Going to be interesting to see what this team looks like next year. I think we might be in for more changes than we think, especially if we look to bring in a 3rd big name.   We have quite a few pieces to make things work though, if we want to go that route 
  • Members

• CheezyColt

CheezyColt 906

• shasta519

shasta519 5,300

• Demo627

Demo627 0

Rookie
    • Smonroe

Smonroe 6,284

• dw49

dw49 1,384