Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

What makes it worse is that this is Jeremy Guthrie's Bithday

Yeah, they mentioned that on the Mets broadcast.

8-1 Marlins. These guys get on base every which way -- walks, bunts, extra base hits, infield hits. Very impressive. My kind of baseball (not relying on home runs).

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kershaw getting roughed up vs the Rockies! Are the Rockies good this season?

As Jay said, it is too early to tell. We should get a better idea by May 1st. 

I know it is only 5 games but the Mets pitchers have their work cut out for them. Mets hitters may be even worse than I originally thought. The Mets have never been known for their hitting, but this may be the worst I have seen. They all look like they are swinging for the fences. I miss Murphy. :(

Mets lose 8-1.

2 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I know it is only 5 games but the Mets pitchers have a lot on their shoulders. Mets hitters may be even worse than I originally thought. The Mets have never been known for their hitting, but this may be the worst I have seen. They all look like they are swinging for the fences. I miss Murphy. :(

Mets lose 8-1.

I don't miss Murphy at all after the way he single handedly he destroyed My Cubs in the 2015 NLCS :sarcasm:. I know what you are saying, Murphy was awesome! You guys may need to try a trade and get another hitter.

15 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Kershaw getting roughed up vs the Rockies! Are the Rockies good this season?

Kershaw will line it out , however certain teams have his number the Cards have roughed him up several times . In all honesty most lefty's give them problems. So do they know something other teams havn't picked up on ?

15 hours ago, NFLfan said:

I know it is only 5 games but the Mets pitchers have their work cut out for them. Mets hitters may be even worse than I originally thought. The Mets have never been known for their hitting, but this may be the worst I have seen. They all look like they are swinging for the fences. I miss Murphy. :(

Mets lose 8-1.

I agree Murphy should still be there.

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I also agree. I thought my Cubs would handle those Mets and even said so to NFLfan back in the 2015 Playoffs, then Murphy just turned into Babe Ruth!

Lol. Yeah. But I wanted to keep Murph before any of his heroics. I think the Mets also miss having David Wright in the lineup

I wonder how Murph is doing in Washington this year.

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Bryant now 3-3, I don't think our Offense will let us lose today.

You guys have nothing to worry about. You guys are talented in every facet of the game. In 2015, I did not think the Cubs would win the pennant because I did not think you had the pitching despite having Jake. Your pitching, defense and hitting all improved. They might be even better this year except maybe the closer.

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

You guys have nothing to worry about. You guys are talented in every facet of the game. In 2015, I did not think you guys would win the pennant because I did not think you had the pitching despite havinf Jake. Your pitching, defense and hitting all improved. They might be even better this year except maybe the closer.

The one thing about this season now is the Cubs have no pressure on them to win it all, which is huge. People think it's extremely tough to Repeat and I do as well but for the Cubs it might not be. I think winning that 1st one because of the 108 yr curse was a lot more pressure. I do worry about the Bullpen, if we still had Chap I would really love our chances to Repeat. When you get into the Playoffs the Bullpen usually determines who wins and who loses when 2 teams are even. The Indians were flawless with Miller until the WS, the Cubs got to him in Game 7 and they lost.

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You guys have nothing to worry about. You guys are talented in every facet of the game. In 2015, I did not think you guys would win the pennant because I did not think you had the pitching despite havinf Jake. Your pitching, defense and hitting all improved. They might be even better this year except maybe the closer.

I think we got to cocky in 2015 after beating the Cards and you guys cleaned our clock lmao 

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I do worry about the Bullpen, if we still had Chap I would really love our chances to Repeat. When you get into the Playoffs the Bullpen usually determines who wins and who loses when 2 teams are even.

You can always give up some prospects to the Yankees again to borrow Chapman. Lol. I don't know what his contract is, but you never know.

Completely unrelated, I miss watching The Master's Championship. I am watching now while checking out the forum. :)

3 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

You can always give up some prospects to the Yankees again to borrow Chapman. Lol. I don't know what his contract is, but you never know.

Completely unrelated, I miss watching The Master's Championship. I am watching now while checking out the forum. :)

Chapman would've been MVP had he not gave up that HR. He probably still should've got it as much as Maddon used him. He was the winning the Pitcher in Game 7.

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think we got to cocky in 2015 after beating the Cards and you guys cleaned our clock lmao 

You were also cocky because you had either swept the season series against the Mets or lost only one game. Lol.

That playoff series was reminiscent of the 1988 playoff series between the Mets and Dodgers. The Mets had won 10 or 11 games in the season series (Mets lost only one game in season series). Most people thought the Mets would win the pennant. The Dodgers won in 7. It was the year Hershizer had his best season.

Archived