Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jay Kirk Baseball Thread since 2017: The 2021 season, Dodgers Repeat?

2 hours ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Thanks for the kind words guys/gals!!!! I am so glad I stumbled into the misc discussions forum and into this thread, GREAT bunch of folks here, and I can't wait to start talking some baseball!!!!  

I get to watch opening day at the firehouse tomorrow night, but that's ok, all 4 of us there are Cubs fans!!!! It'll be fun!!!

Predictions.....hmmmm.......Cubs/Indians repeat......Cubs in 5!:gym:

(See bold) Are you trying to send us a message?  ;)

Enjoy the game with your colleagues. 

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, southwest1 said:

Thanks for the Badger props CBE. Appreciate it. Our Program in college basketball is actually respectable. 

I love when Dick Vitale covered games on TV from the Kohl Center. He's always very complementary of our coaches, players, & fan base as are all my Indiana comrades too. "That a baby bee!" Okay, I'm done now. 

:thmup:

8 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

See bold) Are you trying to send us a message?  ;)

So, you're saying that M Colts M has all the subtlety of an army tank driving through a load bearing wall or a torpedo from a German U Boat penetrating a submarine's hull? Just Joking NFLfan! SW1 has never been able to shut off my sarcasm switch. It's all good. I only tease people who's company I really like. 

It's cool to see M Colts M that giddy man along with all the regulars of course. 

26 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So, so far regarding predictions we have:

NFLfan = Indians over Nationals 4-2

M Colts M = Cubs over Indians 4-1

Solon = Dodgers over Rangers 4-1

2006(Me) = Cubs over RedSox 4-3

Anyone else?

No predictions on my end CBE. But, if I ever consider laying down any bets for real. SW1 will consult both you & Jules. Seriously, you 2 have a gambler's sixth sense when it comes to predicting high stakes outcomes in professional sports. I'm always impressed how you & Jules have a knack for knowing who the major players/teams will be once games really matter. It's a gift that I sure as hades don't posses. 

"2006(Me) = Cubs over RedSox 4-3" 

We know who you are CBE. The "Me" designation made me chuckle. Funny. 

9 hours ago, NFLfan said:

@coltsfansince65 

Looking forward to your posts on the Yankees this year. They had a very good spring training, record-wise. What are your impressions? What do you expect from the Yanks this year?

I'm really looking forward to this season. The Yankees had a great spring. I hope they can streatch that out for at least a few months. I'm liking what I'm seeing from many of the new young guys. What I'm liking most is that there are no lofty expectations from this team. I don't expect them to win the division or anything but if the bullpen (the weak link imo) can hold together they could be in the hunt till September anyway.

My early prediction........Indians over Dodgers.  

12 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Predictions for WS so far tallied:

NFLfan = Indians over Nationals 4-2

M Colts M = Cubs over Indians 4-1

Solon = Dodgers over Rangers 4-1

2006 = Cubs over RedSox 4-3

coltsfan65 = Indians over Dodgers (no prediction on how many games)

Sorry. 7 game series

I think the sentimental favorite this season is the Indians, now that they have the longest streak without winning a Championship. A lot of the media are really backing them. I am not sure they can beat the RedSox now though after the additions that team made. If I was ranking teams I would put them 3rd behind the Cubs and RedSox, Giants and Dodgers are pretty even for the next spots. Giants have a championship pedigree and have Bumgarner and the Dodgers have been on the cusp for years now of getting to the WS with Kershaw.

33 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think the sentimental favorite this season is the Indians, now that they have the longest streak without winning a Championship. A lot of the media are really backing them. I am not sure they can beat the RedSox now though after the additions that team made. If I was ranking teams I would put them 3rd behind the Cubs and RedSox, Giants and Dodgers are pretty even for the next spots. Giants have a championship pedigree and have Bumgarner and the Dodgers have been on the cusp for years now of getting to the WS with Kershaw.

I have not followed the AL at all except the Yankees (barely). What are some of those additions that make Boston so strong? Serious question. I think the loss of Big Papi will be huge. If the Indians are bringing back most of the players from their pennant-winning team, I give them the edge. 

I picked the Nats to come out of the NL but I did that to be different. They do have a lot of firepower, but so do other teams. We'll see.

13 hours ago, coltsfansince65 said:

I'm really looking forward to this season. The Yankees had a great spring. I hope they can streatch that out for at least a few months. I'm liking what I'm seeing from many of the new young guys. What I'm liking most is that there are no lofty expectations from this team. I don't expect them to win the division or anything but if the bullpen (the weak link imo) can hold together they could be in the hunt till September anyway.

My early prediction........Indians over Dodgers.  

Thank you. I think having a young team and building for the future is always exciting. Enjoy the season.

Will you be watching the game this afternoon? We invite you to post your impressions/thoughts.

9 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

I have not followed the AL at all except the Yankees (barely). What are some of those additions that make Boston so strong? Serious question. I think the loss of Big Papi will be huge. If the Indians are bringing back most of the players from their pennant-winning team, I give them the edge. 

I picked the Nats to come out of the NL but I did that to be different. They do have a lot of firepower, but so do other teams. We'll see.

Indians have as good a shot as anyone, your picks are good IMO. RedSox added Chris Sale to their rotation giving them a great rotation which was a huge addition, I put their pitching right up there with the Cubs and Indians. I am also not sold that the Indians have what it takes to get back to the WS, tough to do 2 years in a row. I have more faith in the Cubs being able to do that now that the pressure is off of them winning a WS.

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Schwarber (sp) is back for 162 games, barring injuries on all contenders the Cubs on paper look the best. GO CUBS GO, HEY CHICAGO WHAT DO YOU SAY, CUBS ARE GOING TO WIN TODAY

Reason I hate pre-season predictions paper more time than not doesn't tell the story. So many times someone your not even expecting puts it all together and throws a monkey wrench in it all lol

37 minutes ago, Jay Kirk said:

Very rare in todays game but it appears Yadi will start a Cardinal and retire one ..... http://m.cardinals.mlb.com/news/article/221915522/cards-sign-yadier-molina-to-contract-extension/

I saw that this morning.

Molina is a great player. The Mets could use a catcher. That might be our Achilles Heel. Our pitchers can't keep guys on base and the catchers can't throw anyone out. You will notice that tomorrow. The Braves have this exciting guy who is already a Mets killer. His name is Ender Inciarte. If he gets on base, he will steal bases and score easy runs.

Never liked Tanaka. I think he's too inconsistant & gets rattled when things don't fall his way.

Bird commits his first error of the year leading to a run or two. Yanks had the Rays starter on the ropes in the first inning & couldn't push across a run. Two plays went to booth review, neither overturned.

Tanaka just gave up another HR.   I DON'T LIKE HIM.

40 minutes ago, coltsfansince65 said:

Yes, they do but I fear, they won't. Not a good start to the season. Oh & the YES Network is back in my area.

The season is young. Sanchez almost hit a double down the RF line to score 2 or 3 last inning. He just missed it. 

Did Comcast deny your area the YES Network for a full year? Comcast is not popular on the Baseball thread. haha

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

I saw that this morning.

Molina is a great player. The Mets could use a catcher. That might be our Achilles Heel. Our pitchers can't keep guys on base and the catchers can't throw anyone out. You will notice that tomorrow. The Braves have this exciting guy who is already a Mets killer. His name is Ender Inciarte. If he gets on base, he will steal bases and score easy runs.

We have 3 very capable Catchers , all 3 decent hitters as well. Lol maybe we can work out a trade for a good pitcher lol

Archived