Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mid-Season Perspective

ztboiler

Despite back to back wins, here we stand a disappointing 5-5.  Most of us have been pretty focused on what this team is not....and that's easy to understand.

However, consider the teams we are tied with or better than:

Teams with First Ballot HOF QB's

Pittsburgh 5-5 (multiple offenders of recent mediocrity)

Green Bay 4-6 

New Orleans 4-6

Teams with established QB's expected to challenge for playoffs or make deep runs:

Arizona 4-5-1

Baltimore 5-5 (Considered one of, if not the best front offices in football - now repeat offenders of mediocrity)

Carolina 4-6

Cincinnati 3-6-1

# of Teams with a record better than 6-4: 9 (8 if Texans lose)

# of Teams with a record better than 7-3: 4 (3 if the Raiders lose)

The league is really bunched up in mediocrity, and it's a league designed to make exceptional performance truly rare.  Hopefully our boys will get there soon...but we have a lot of good company in the meantime.

I never want to see a player get a concussion, they can be career ending if not diagnosed and treated properly.

That being said, whether Luck plays or not, come Thursday evening I will still be in a turkey coma, and wondering if my wife will make a comment if I go back for seconds (for the third or fourth time), I will still be back laughing with family members that an hour before we were in a heated political discussion, I will still be looking forward to (with equal parts of dread and excitement) of getting ready for Christmas, I will still be watching the weather to make sure I'm not going to run into any snow storms on my way home.

I hope the Colts win, if not, I still plan on enjoying the Thanksgiving weekend.

A lot of teams stink this year, take away Dallas, Seattle, the Pats and the Raiders and what have you got, mediocrity. Heck, no one can even kick an extra point this year! The most focal point of this season is will the Browns go winless? Roethlisberger has won ten games in the new Browns stadium and that is tied with one Browns QB, forgot his name. Now that tells a story.

2 hours ago, King Colt said:

A lot of teams stink this year, take away Dallas, Seattle, the Pats and the Raiders and what have you got, mediocrity. Heck, no one can even kick an extra point this year! The most focal point of this season is will the Browns go winless? Roethlisberger has won ten games in the new Browns stadium and that is tied with one Browns QB, forgot his name. Now that tells a story.

Yeah this year's definitely been a strange one. Football in general has been a bad product for most teams.

Wouldn't be shocked if an 8-8 team wins the SB this year. It's great that everyone has a shot, but it's tough enjoying the year with so many highs and lows. We win big one week then get curb stomped the next. 

Should be interesting come playoff time to say the least.