Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts roster move

RockThatBlue

I remember us working him out in the offseason before the draft.  I believe he is a pass rusher.  They must really like something about him to put him on the 53 man roster but I could be wrong.  My thinking is they probably claimed him off the Chargers PS.

58 minutes ago, krunk said:
58 minutes ago, krunk said:

He's faster than that.  He's run 4.6 more than once.  I'm sure he'll be mostly special teams.  Had about 22 sacks in college.  Not sure if he'll play inside or outside with that size.   Had a lot of tackles in College.

He's faster than that.  He's run 4.6 more than once.  I'm sure he'll be mostly special teams.  Had about 22 sacks in college.  Not sure if he'll play inside or outside with that size.   Had a lot of tackles in College.

Will Linebacker

they must like him a lot to have signed him off waivers on to the regular roster instead of calling Luke Rhodes up from the PS. Hes getting a better deal than even Edwin Jackson got. Jackson was on the PS coming from Arizona for much of last year. Would know the D coming from San Diego I assume.

From his Wikipedia page ...

"

Senior year[edit]

In King’s senior season, he was named to the preseason All-MEAC first team and opened the season with 12 tackles and 1 pass breakup against Rutgers.[2][8] In the following weeks, against FBS opponents Old Dominion and Marshall, King would have back to back 21 tackle games.[2] He followed up that performance the following week with a total 10 tackles half a tackle for loss and 1 interception in a victory against Hampton at the Battle of the Bay rivalry game.[9] His performance during that game would earn him his first MEAC Defensive Player of the Week award.[2] Later in the season King posted 15 tackles and 1.5 tackles for loss against North Carolina A&T; 15 tackles against Bethune-Cookman and 14 tackles, with 9 solos, against North Carolina Central.[2] The following weeks, against Savannah State and South Carolina State, King would earn back to back MEAC Defensive Player of the Week honors for his performance. King posted 17 tackles and one tackle for loss against Savannah State and 18 tackles; including 12 solo efforts, 3 Tackles for loss and 2 sacks against SC State.[2] King also earned other postseason honors such as being named a Boxtorow HBCU All American;[10] STATS, AP FCS All-American;[11][12] AFCA and SBN Sports Black College All-American.[13][14] King was also awarded the Buck Buchanan Award as the top defensive player in FCS for 2015.[15"

Professional career[edit]

Dallas Cowboys[edit]

King was signed by the Dallas Cowboys as an undrafted free agent in 2016.[16] On September 3, 2016, he was released by the Cowboys as part of final roster cuts and was signed to the practice squad the next day, then released three days later on September 6, 2016.

San Diego Chargers[edit]

On October 4, 2016, King was signed to the San Diego Chargers' practice squad.[17] He was promoted to the active roster on November 5, 2016.[18] He was released on November 14, 2016.

Indianapolis Colts[edit]

King was claimed off waivers by the Colts on November 15, 2016.[19]

1 hour ago, PeterBowman said:

a tackling dummy is better in coverage than McNary.

McNary's decent on special teams but has a negative value on D.

The remote controlled dummy the Colts are using for the punt return guys would be better than McNary for sure. Hopefully it can suit up Sunday, he's blazing fast