Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts inactives

snkdy

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Patrick Robinson rubs me the wrong way. He's like Toler where he'll only play if he's completely 100 percent. Not willing to tough one out. Can't trust injury prone players like that on the roster.

I really don't see how you could be mad at Toler for not playing when fully healthy. Go watch the first half of the KC playoff game and tell me you wanted an injured Toler on the field. 

38 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

I really don't see how you could be mad at Toler for not playing when fully healthy. Go watch the first half of the KC playoff game and tell me you wanted an injured Toler on the field. 

I didn't even want a heathy Toler on the field but his groin injuries really ticked me off. I don't think you should be playing football if you cannot at least play average at 90%. Toler missed like 5-6 weeks before that game so that was ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Arts first game since NE in the AFCCG.. that seems like a same lifetime ago.

I might not be keeping up but is Clark injured or just not good enough to make the match day squad?

The second one. Anyone that watched the preseason knows he his definitely a project... I rather would have drafted a corner with the second round pick but hopefully he turns out to be a good player for us.

33 minutes ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I'll never understand why T.Y McGill is inactive every week. The guy makes plays and has a knack for getting into the backfield.

I am with you when he plays I remember hearing his name. I don't understand  it either. I am not sure why Street is on the roster either Smith go be inactive every week. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• That is why I don't care for "all time lists" in any sport.  The players and games have evolved, with rule changes as well.  I prefer to judge a player's "rank" with regard to their time period.  And you are correct, Wilt was completely dominant. 
    • Breaking News per ESPN:   Ravens at Chiefs is the opener on Thursday night (September 5th)
    • In Young's case, he profiled as a Safety when he enrolled at Ohio State and then switched to Linebacker much like the draftee Jaylon Carlies enrolling as a CB then switched to the SS/LB role at Missouri.   Youngs two years as a starter at KU (Compares favorably to Carlies): 25 Games, 101 Tackles, 10.5 for loss, 6 sacks, 2 Ints, 6 PD, 1 FF - converted from S to LB at KU Key Measurables: 6'3" w/33" Arms, 4.56 40-yard dash   Carlies 3 years as a starter as a hybrid SS/LB at Missouri: 38 games, 212 Tackles, 11.5 for loss, 3 sacks, 9 Ints, 9 PD, 3 FF, 1 FR - converted from CB to hybrid SS/LB Key Measurables: 6'3" w/34.25" Arms, 4.50 40-yard dash   Key Measurables in the past for successful Colts Linebackers: Leonard: 6'2" w/34.375 Arms, 40-yard dash skewed due to injury but still ran a 4.70 (we know it was likely closer to 4.5) Okereke: 6'1" w/34.5" Arms, 4.58 40-yard dash Speed: 6'4" w/33.25 Arms, 4.60 40-yard dash   In comparison to LB's we let walk or cut due to low production: Anthony Walker: 6'1" w/30.375" Arms, 4.65 40-yard dash (decent stats) Matthew Adams: 6'0" w/31.25" Arms, 4.63 40-yard dash - pretty much drafted as a Special teamer only Jordan Glasgow: 6'0" w/30.625" Arms, Only drafted for special teams play   The one true outlier (as he said at the 2024 NFL Draft - he shouldn't be standing up there): Zaire Franklin: 6'0" w/31.75" Arms, 4.62 40-yard dash - All heart and soul   The Current crop of Back-up and/or PS linebackers on the roster from 2023: McGrone: 6'1" w/32.125" Arms, Injured so no 40-yard dash time (active roster in 23) Stuard: 6'0" w/30.25 Arms, Injured so no 40-yard dash time (only traded for to play special teams) Ajiake: 6'1" w/31.625 Arms, 4.60 40-yard dash time (PS player in 23) Anderson: 6'3" w/29.25" Arms, 4.53 40-yard dash time (PS player in 23 with 1-2 games as a ST's) Harrison: 6'2" w/33.375" Arms, 4.63 40-yard dash (50/50 player last year as he transitioned to LB on the PS) Olubi: 6'0" w/31.75" Arms, 4.45 40-yard dash (active roster in 23 with a couple starts)   Olubi (good speed) and Harrison (length) are likely keepers which gives Young a clear opportunity to take the 3rd back-up role as a core special teamer and possibly work his way into a 3rd and Passing Distance coverage backer like I envision Carlies being as well. So Speed and Franklin play the running downs and those two come in to play coverage.    Also makes me wonder if MAYBE they give Harrison run at SS/Box Safety and move Blackmon back to FS?    Not forgetting Pennix.........he is a BIG BOY at 6'2" & 234lbs who has lined up at RB, FB, HB, and TE in College and was productive that ran a 4.59 forty - only faster TE we have is Mallory and there is no RB bigger than him, but he is faster than Sermon though and they have eerily similar RAS score measurables except Pennix is WAY bigger, just sayin'. I'm going to say it was his versatility that caused him to go undrafted because he didn't do enough at any one position so evaluators had a hard time determining how he could be used!??! But a creative offensive mind like SS can certainly figure out how to use him all over the offense - short yardage back, fullback, HB/TE leaking out into the zones, in-line blocker as a TE. I am interested in seeing what they do with him in open practices and minicamp. Ultimately, he could take one of the back-up roles behind JT and maybe even make someone like Granson expendable (probably not but stranger things have happened)   ****Disclaimer, yes, I know I only focused on the measurements of the player and not what they have done in practice or pre-season games. Given this teams propensity to like certain measurements for certain positions I don't feel like this is a "bad take".......      
    • Has anyone who has been paying attention to Latu or to Gus Bradley learned if Latu will play the LEFT defensive end or the LEO, the RIGHT defensive end?      Has that been confirmed by anyone?!?      Asking for a few thousand friends here…..   Thanks in advance….  
    • Chad Kelly’s only real impact for the Colts was the pre-season, something Sam has been better at since he’s been here.  Even then we saw how over whelmed Sam looked playing in a real game.  The logically conclusion is Kelly would have too.  Don’t fall for the pre-season trap.  The jump from back up to third string pre-season QB to NFL starter in a regular season game is the size of the Grand Canyon.  Let’s not forget Curtis Painter once looked good enough in the pre-season that some fans actually thought he could be developed into Peyton’s replacement and we all saw how that played out.     Rather anyone likes Kelly or not is irrelevant to the fact he’s had a tone of tape out there for NFL teams to see.  We know NFL teams will give just about anyone they think can be a franchise QB a chance to at least look at him.  The fact no NFL teams have come calling for even a tryout since the Colts released him tells you what teams think of him.     Fans can like him all they want that and $20 will get you a “value meal” at McDonalds.  He’s not some superstar who never got his chance, he’s a pre-season darling who isn’t good enough for regular season football.  Those are a dime a dozen in the NFL.  It’s not that people don’t like or aren’t a fan, in fact I’d argue he’d be a major underdog that most people would cheer for, it’s they have seen this before and recognize it for what it is.  
  • Members