Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

131 of 205, 1,469 yards, 10 TDs, 3 INTs

oldunclemark

3 hours ago, Rally5 said:

I've been critical of our WR's routes and technique for a few years, most of the time you can't see it the way the game is covered.  You have to really pay attention to the replays and watch away from the ball to pick it up.  We also don't run many short crossing routes with WR's, we run A LOT of 5-9 routes and not many 1-4 routes, I never see us run comebacks and we don't run back shoulder fades, which to me, is the toughest throw/catch combo in football.  So, it could be coaches as well because I have no doubt Luck can make the throws.  In the end, it could be play design, skill, coaching or discipline or a little bit of all the above.  There was a great result today where TY had given up on his route, then realized he needed to stay alive and came back to Luck for a 20 yrd gain.  There should be zero quit on your route throughout the entirety of the play which I see guys quit early on their routes at times.  Anyway, I'm rambling now.....I'm glad you noticed.  

PS. Skip Bayless is the most overpaid host in the history of overpaid hosts. Thinks LeBron and Luck suck and is a HUGE fan of Tebow and RGIII so there you go......

Just get the All 22 with the coaches tape.  I don't have it anymore, but it's revealing even for dummies like me.

3 hours ago, Rally5 said:

I've been critical of our WR's routes and technique for a few years, most of the time you can't see it the way the game is covered.  You have to really pay attention to the replays and watch away from the ball to pick it up.  We also don't run many short crossing routes with WR's, we run A LOT of 5-9 routes and not many 1-4 routes, I never see us run comebacks and we don't run back shoulder fades, which to me, is the toughest throw/catch combo in football.  So, it could be coaches as well because I have no doubt Luck can make the throws.  In the end, it could be play design, skill, coaching or discipline or a little bit of all the above.  There was a great result today where TY had given up on his route, then realized he needed to stay alive and came back to Luck for a 20 yrd gain.  There should be zero quit on your route throughout the entirety of the play which I see guys quit early on their routes at times.  Anyway, I'm rambling now.....I'm glad you noticed.  

PS. Skip Bayless is the most overpaid host in the history of overpaid hosts. Thinks LeBron and Luck suck and is a HUGE fan of Tebow and RGIII so there you go......

Just get the All 22 with the coaches tape.  I don't have it anymore, but it's revealing even for dummies like me.

6 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

He's in the running...right behind Matt Ryan after today

As much as I love Luck,  he will never be in the running for MVP as long as the Colts have a losing record.

If we turn that around and win the AFC South....   then Luck has a chance to get a few votes....

But short of that....    I'm afraid he's got the smallest of chances....

6 hours ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

Surely you are not suggesting that Luck is overated?

While I do think Luck has a few things he really needs to work on, I think he's the only reason why we aren't 0-5.  It's been his play that has given us our 2 ugly wins.  The OP just said we have a chance in every game.  While Luck is great, he can't do it alone.  So me saying "I don't think we do" wasn't a comment on Luck, but more a comment on the overall roster

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

As much as I love Luck,  he will never be in the running for MVP as long as the Colts have a losing record.

If we turn that around and win the AFC South....   then Luck has a chance to get a few votes....

But short of that....    I'm afraid he's got the smallest of chances....

I don't expect the Colts to finish with a losing record...we have a path to 8-8,,,and an upset could push us to 9-7

Somebody's got to win the MVP....It wont be Cam ..it wont be Rivers, Dalton or Carson Palmer..

......and it wont be Brady...he's missed 4 games..

there is no real candidate on Minnesota or Denver..so who does that leave?

Matt Ryan.....Aaron Rodgers....Big Ben and  Andrew Luck...

20 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

While I do think Luck has a few things he really needs to work on, I think he's the only reason why we aren't 0-5.  It's been his play that has given us our 2 ugly wins.  The OP just said we have a chance in every game.  While Luck is great, he can't do it alone.  So me saying "I don't think we do" wasn't a comment on Luck, but more a comment on the overall roster

Can agree with that no problem.  You are a realist and you are probably going to prove correct by the end of the year.

On the other hand, one could also make an argument for OP's optimism in that we do have a "chance" with all of our remaining regular season games riding Luck's coattails alone.  (well add some AV in that)  He did mention the other 99 problems not withstanding. 

Considering how utterly atrocious our D/O lines, secondary, LBs and play calling are we still could have pulled those games out because of Luck's heroics.  If not for two squandered Luck comebacks vs Lions and Jags, and 1 strip sack at end of Denver game where we clearly had it going for the win, we could be sitting on 5 and 0 at this point.  Let that sink in a bit. lol  Seems surreal.

Keeping with the Twilight Zone narrative, we dont really play any "complete" teams beyond Steelers.  The Packers despite being 3 and 1 played similar teams (Jax and Lions) as close as we did and the Vikings are Denver v1.5 .  The rest of our schedule is average joes.  So it is plausible that Luck could produce enough ugly wins to get us to the post season again.

Is that a good thing?  Probably not in the long term but fun to ponder.

28 minutes ago, ColtfreakDVA said:

If not for two squandered Luck comebacks vs Lions and Jags, and 1 strip sack at end of Denver game where we clearly had it going for the win, we could be sitting on 5 and 0 at this point.  Let that sink in a bit. lol  Seems surreal.

Keeping with the Twilight Zone narrative, we dont really play any "complete" teams beyond Steelers.  The Packers despite being 3 and 1 played similar teams (Jax and Lions) as close as we did and the Vikings are Denver v1.5 .  The rest of our schedule is average joes.  So it is plausible that Luck could produce enough ugly wins to get us to the post season again.

Is that a good thing?  Probably not in the long term but fun to ponder.

At the same time, we're not that far from being 0-5.  And even if we do make the playoffs, I don't see us being able to keep up with teams like New England and Pittsburgh.

11 sacks in 2 games and somehow Luck gets blame lol. A coverage sack is a combination of working parts in a defense. Good coverage and receivers not getting open will do that.

Luck can opt to throw it away which he sometimes does, but you risk being hit which could result in a fumble or int. Same risk for any throw. Luck may sit back there a long time but don't discount how often his mobility saves this line.

We don't have the Pats offense where Brady is slinging it like a second and a half after he gets the snap.