Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

Need one for Flex PPR.

L. Murray vs SD

M. Wallace vs Wsh

J. McKinnon vs Hou

I would go McKinnon for ppr. Wallace is boom or bust, Murray is in a time share but masked the fact bc he scored a TD every week but last week he didn't.

I also have sproles vs Detroit, didn't think it worth mentioning but what about him?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 *

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I also have sproles vs Detroit, didn't think it worth mentioning but what about him?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 *

You mean about starting Sproles? I'm not sure how his production has been this year, but Detroit's defense has given up many points. He might not be a bad option this week. 

12 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I'd go Lacy

this is why im torn

eagles defense while is good, has given up atleast 50 yards to wrs. sure they havent given up tds, but they give up 96 yards to jeffery and 126 to brown. they are beatable

giants secondary is what is depleted not their dline. thats still intact. mckinnon needed 18 carries to get 85 yards. Lacy isnt getting 18 carries. rodgers is gonna rip that secondary. not to mention they threw twice on the goal line instead of giving it to lacy

42 minutes ago, CR91 said:

this is why im torn

eagles defense while is good, has given up atleast 50 yards to wrs. sure they havent given up tds, but they give up 96 yards to jeffery and 126 to brown. they are beatable

giants secondary is what is depleted not their dline. thats still intact. mckinnon needed 18 carries to get 85 yards. Lacy isnt getting 18 carries. rodgers is gonna rip that secondary. not to mention they threw twice on the goal line instead of giving it to lacy

It's tough, I based my decision on the Packers running the ball to kill the, game because I think it's gonna be a GB blowout. I'm not sure I trust the Lions to beat the Eagles D, Marvin Jones is really the only threat, Golden Tate looks to have lost a step

I started Julio Jones in my of my lineups, but rested Matt Ryan. Even though Atlanta won, Jones didn't contribute much: he only get me 3.5 points. I'm glad that I didn't start him in my other leagues. 

BTW, T Y Hilton got me 28 points, WTG Hilton! I'm keeping Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell each week, and as long as they keep being productive, there is no reason to drop them.

I started Julio Jones in one of my leagues, but not Matt Ryan. Even though Atlanta won, Jones didn't contribute much: he only got me 3.5 points. I'm glad that I didn't have him in my other leagues this week. 

On the other hand, T Y Hilton got me 28 points. WTG Hilton! Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell are two players I've used often, and am happy with that decision. Both continue to do well.

27 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

I started Julio Jones in my of my lineups, but rested Matt Ryan. Even though Atlanta won, Jones didn't contribute much: he only get me 3.5 points. I'm glad that I didn't start him in my other leagues. 

BTW, T Y Hilton got me 28 points, WTG Hilton! I'm keeping Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell each week, and as long as they keep being productive, there is no reason to drop them.

I started Julio Jones in one of my leagues, but not Matt Ryan. Even though Atlanta won, Jones didn't contribute much: he only got me 3.5 points. I'm glad that I didn't have him in my other leagues this week. 

On the other hand, T Y Hilton got me 28 points. WTG Hilton! Antonio Brown and Le'Veon Bell are two players I've used often, and am happy with that decision. Both continue to do well.

Why would you even consider dropping brown or bell?

18 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Why would you even consider dropping brown or bell?

I wouldn't consider dropping them. Sometimes it's challenging to stay under the salary cap in my leagues since both players are expensive, so I have to use value players in other positions who i think will perform. But Brown and Bell are definitely. staying.  (Brown and Bell: sounds like a law firm.) :D

BTW, I didn't think my former post showed, so i retyped it and it ended up showing twice. Didn't mean to do that.

Just now, teganslaw said:

I wouldn't consider dropping them. Sometimes it's challenging to stay under the salary cap in my leagues since both players are expensive, so I have to use value players in other positions who i think will perform. But Brown and Bell are definitely. staying.  (Brown and Bell: sounds like a law firm.) :D

BTW, I didn't think my former post showed, so i retyped it and it ended up showing twice. Didn't mean to do that.

Sorry thought you were not talking DFS

9 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Oh you're talking about daily.  

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

I probably wasn't clear: the only fantasy I play is daily. It makes things easier because of all the changes and injuries that occur. I can change different lineups according to the match ups that week.

I'll try to help come up with sneaky cheap plays for the week, I've never done DFS though. We mostly discuss season long here.

Down 8 tonight with Evans and Olsen to knock off the top dog only undefeated in the league and re-insert myself into first. Big thanks to David Johnson and Theo Riddick.

On 10/9/2016 at 9:44 AM, CR91 said:

this is why im torn

Sucks that Lacy got injured, he was on pace to do good things...

3 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I'm down by 8 with Benjamin to go (Thanks to Victor Cruz for the 0 and Tannehill for the 5 pointer)

So here's to hoping for those 23 points :)

Ouch missed by one point sorry man.

Look towards next week I need to choose one and can't decide

Marvin Jones vs the rams

Cooper vs chiefs

Lacy(if healthy) vs the cowboys

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

Marvin Jones vs the rams

Cooper vs chiefs

Lacy's injury doesn't appear to be serious, but the team isn't sure if he will play this week. It probably depends on how he feels. Difficult decision between Cooper and Jones; either one could work.

12 hours ago, CR91 said:

Marvin Jones vs the rams

Cooper vs chiefs

Lacy is a risky play without any injury. He may pick it up throughout the season but who knows? In our league you pretty much have to go with who you have for sure. This league sure is mega competitive.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Flex spot,  ppr

Edelman vs bengals

Christian Michael vs Falcons

I'm not fantasy expert but Edelman has let me down this year so far and I would go with Michael. It is a tough one though as Patriots opponents will need to start focusing on those TE's meaning Edelman could have a big one. 

17 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Flex spot,  ppr

Edelman vs bengals

Christian Michael vs Falcons

I like both but I think you gotta go with the guy fresh off a bye who will be getting the rock vs. one who shares the field with two tight ends, a rusher, a pass catching RB, and two other shifty receivers.

Who should I play?

WRs: Julio, Cobb, Cooks definite. Available: J Brown vs. NYJ

RB: Gore, Riddick definite. Available: Forte vs. ARI, Powell vs. ARI, J White vs. CIN (have but not playing Deangelo)

TE: Z Miller vs. Jax, Bennett vs. CIN

I have two flex spots so I'm playing the three WRs I mentioned. Need help filling in the TE spot as well as the second flex spot.

22 hours ago, bababooey said:

Who should I play?

WRs: Julio, Cobb, Cooks definite. Available: J Brown vs. NYJ

RB: Gore, Riddick definite. Available: Forte vs. ARI, Powell vs. ARI, J White vs. CIN (have but not playing Deangelo)

TE: Z Miller vs. Jax, Bennett vs. CIN

I have two flex spots so I'm playing the three WRs I mentioned. Need help filling in the TE spot as well as the second flex spot.

TE is a difficult one to choose, but I would with Miller. Not sure about who to use in the second flex spot.

I really cant decide between cooper vs the chiefs and lacy vs the cowboys

the chiefs have allowed basically every wr to get either 70+ yards and or a td. will fuller deandre hopkins sammie coates AB(not counting the jets because of the 6 pick game). but looking back to last year and cooper was terrible vs marcus peters and besides two games this year vs soft secondaries, cooper hasnt performed that well

the cowboys have allowed 70+ yards and or a td vs the likes of matt jones rashard jennings and carlos hyde. if you look at the bears game, langford and howard combined for 12 carries for 76 yards and lacy is averaging over 5 yards a clip the problem however is lacy only touches the ball 12-15 times and he hasnt scored nor do the packers run inside the red zone not to mention no one knows how bad his ankle injury is

How many of you take the advice of fantasy football analysts like Michael Fabiano? I often check to see who he says to play each week, but he has been wrong in the past. Also, there are other analysts who have different ideas on players, and it can be confusing. For example, everyone got it wrong on the Broncos-Chargers TNF game.

I read what they suggest, and sometimes follow their advice, and at times take a chance on a feeling I have about a certain game. I combine both, and it usually works out.

46 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

How many of you take the advice of fantasy football analysts like Michael Fabiano? I often check to see who he says to play each week, but he has been wrong in the past. Also, there are other analysts who have different ideas on players, and it can be confusing. For example, everyone got it wrong on the Broncos-Chargers TNF game.

I read what they suggest, and sometimes follow their advice, and at times take a chance on a feeling I have about a certain game. I combine both, and it usually works out.

I have been playing fantasy football for a very long time and if there is one thing I have learned is even the so called experts are no better than using your own judgment. It's all a gamble and you can hit or miss with the best of them.

4 hours ago, CR91 said:

I really cant decide between cooper vs the chiefs and lacy vs the cowboys

the chiefs have allowed basically every wr to get either 70+ yards and or a td. will fuller deandre hopkins sammie coates AB(not counting the jets because of the 6 pick game). but looking back to last year and cooper was terrible vs marcus peters and besides two games this year vs soft secondaries, cooper hasnt performed that well

the cowboys have allowed 70+ yards and or a td vs the likes of matt jones rashard jennings and carlos hyde. if you look at the bears game, langford and howard combined for 12 carries for 76 yards and lacy is averaging over 5 yards a clip the problem however is lacy only touches the ball 12-15 times and he hasnt scored nor do the packers run inside the red zone not to mention no one knows how bad his ankle injury is

What are you going for? Is it standard or PPR. If its PPR then your highest upside is Cooper, but also like you said he has a low floor. Standard, you may want to go with Lacy. However, what does your matchup look like? If you are projected low, and you don't think you can rely on a huge game from your other players, you may need to take the risk to close the gap with Cooper. If you are even or ahead, you may play it safe and go with lacy to trust on consistency.

We'll go by standard values. Cooper has been at 13, 7, 6, 4, and 19. His highest game was against the worst pass defense. Atlanta is 27th, Tennessee is 11th, and Baltimore is 6th. KC sits in between those two at 7th in pass defense. Last year he had very poor outings vs KC last year. you should be expecting less than 100 yards and maybe a TD at best.

Dallas is currently ranked 11th in rush defense while green bay is ranked 21st in rushing. Dallas will score, and green bay will be forced to pass a lot I think. Lacy hasn't done much at all IMO and hasn't scored a TD yet. His numbers are just as sporadic.

It is really a toss up, but I would go with Cooper, but again, its a 50/50 and I can't trust either in this situation.