Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need Help With Fantasy Football 2016 Season Edition

chad72

47 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah, you try your best to play the odds. In the game I lost by 0.18, Hunter Henry was on a roll and I put him in over Jimmy Graham who scored less than the 1.6 Hunter Henry put up in regulation before leaving with a concussion but then the game went to OT vs the Cardinals, yeah the tie game. Graham ends up with 5.3, making me regret that decision till this day.

Sometimes, we overthink decisions and not place a line up you'd normally place chasing the hot player or hot match up. It happens even to experienced FF players. It works sometimes, it backfires more often than not in my experience.

I'm the king of overthinking, lol I routinely try to over-analyze a matchup lol

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daily fantasy PPR 20 player PPR league:

QB: should I go Colin Kaepernick vs Chicago or Kirk Cousins vs Arizona?  Even though the team is bad, Kaepernick has scored high fantasy points lately and this week he has a nice match up.

Cousins has done well in fantasy, but I'm not sure about facing Arizona. I have no idea what to expect from the Cardinals. Which would be the safer option?

51 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

Daily fantasy PPR 20 player PPR league:

QB: should I go Colin Kaepernick vs Chicago or Kirk Cousins vs Arizona?  Even though the team is bad, Kaepernick has scored high fantasy points lately and this week he has a nice match up.

Cousins has done well in fantasy, but I'm not sure about facing Arizona. I have no idea what to expect from the Cardinals. Which would be the safer option?

Both are road match ups. Ever since Matt Jones stopped fumbling and was replaced by Rob Kelley, their drives have been kept alive and Kirk has had a chance to shine. His last 3 road match ups - 1 TD at Detroit and 300 plus yards, 2 TDs at Bengals and 450 plus yards, 3 TDs at Cowboys and 449 yards. The Cardinals' D is not as good as it used to be. Given the quality of the QB and OL, I'd have to go with the safer Kirk. With Kaepernick, a big part of his fantasy production comes from his legs, typically about 5-10 points worth, and outside New Orleans, he has not hit 300 plus yards in passing.

I just think Kirk is more consistent and reliable and thus is more safe. Kaepernick may rush for 30 yards or may rush for 100 yards, may pass for 200 yards or may pass for 300 yards, teams now have a feel for him enough this season that they will try to keep him contained and make him a pocket passer. I'd personally go with Kirk.

That was close; Kaepernick was benched, so I'm glad I didn't go with him. Cousins got me 17 points, which wasn't bad since that wasn't one of his better games.

Where was Seattle last week when I had some of them in my lineup? This week i didn't have any Seahawk players in my lineups, so they score 40 points! On the positive side, I didn't have Carolina players, either. I ended in 3rd place in one of my leagues. Waiting in MNF for my other leagues.

2 hours ago, teganslaw said:

That was close; Kaepernick was benched, so I'm glad I didn't go with him. Cousins got me 17 points, which wasn't bad since that wasn't one of his better games.

Where was Seattle last week when I had some of them in my lineup? This week i didn't have any Seahawk players in my lineups, so they score 40 points! On the positive side, I didn't have Carolina players, either. I ended in 3rd place in one of my leagues. Waiting in MNF for my other leagues.

Yeah, it is called chasing the hot match up or QB. Everyone was chasing Jay Cutler coming off the bye week and a great MNF performance vs the Vikings following Carr's explosion vs the Bucs. Cutler fell flat vs the Bucs, I was hooked like a sucker to that hype in one of my leagues because I needed a bye week fill in. Same thing with Kaepernick this week. Now I know better to go with the safer floor. Ironically, in the Colts Elite league, there is a guy named Juan that chased both and got burned badly. Go with the safe floor. Now we know the Dolphins' pass D was an abomination that gave Kaepernick those points. 

Leapfrogged my way into a playoff bye, second place, but outscored first place by almost 300 points (easiest schedule in the league for him).

Anybody worried about Greg Olsen? He has scored ONE double digit game in ppr since week 6. Officially no longer the highest scoring TE.

42 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Leapfrogged my way into a playoff bye, second place, but outscored first place by almost 300 points (easiest schedule in the league for him).

Anybody worried about Greg Olsen? He has scored ONE double digit game in ppr since week 6. Officially no longer the highest scoring TE.

Ladarius Green, what about trying him?

3 hours ago, chad72 said:

Ladarius Green, what about trying him?

My problem is it's the playoffs and you just can't not start your top guy. Imagine if you lose because the rando you throw in sucks and your top guy goes off? I have Zach Ertz but I'm not gonna start him over Olsen in the playoffs unless Olsen gets injured.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

My problem is it's the playoffs and you just can't not start your top guy. Imagine if you lose because the rando you throw in sucks and your top guy goes off? I have Zach Ertz but I'm not gonna start him over Olsen in the playoffs unless Olsen gets injured.

If you have Zach Ertz, it may not be a bad idea because Philly is playing from behind and Wentz throws underneath more than anything else. He will be useful in PPR even if he does not catch TDs, I'd go with Ertz.

6 minutes ago, chad72 said:

If you have Zach Ertz, it may not be a bad idea because Philly is playing from behind and Wentz throws underneath more than anything else. He will be useful in PPR even if he does not catch TDs, I'd go with Ertz.

Him and Kelce are hot as of lately, but it's still Cam throwing to still Olsen. 

I'll wait this bye week out and see if anything changes.

I really needed the bye and I just missed it. or maybe I didn't the standings are weird.

I don't know what to do at QB. I'm going to have to trot out Black Bortles at home vs MINN?

My only other option is Simiean @ TENN / Flacco @ NE / Petty @ SF (Intriguing) or / RG III vs CINN

5 hours ago, SilentHill said:

I really needed the bye and I just missed it. or maybe I didn't the standings are weird.

I don't know what to do at QB. I'm going to have to trot out Black Bortles at home vs MINN?

My only other option is Simiean @ TENN / Flacco @ NE / Petty @ SF (Intriguing) or / RG III vs CINN

I would go with Flacco. Baltimore tends to play well against NE, and Flacco usually starts getting hot when playoff time approaches.

BTW, I didn't know RG111 was starting Sunday. I read that he had started practice, but wasn't sure if he was playing yet..

17 hours ago, SilentHill said:

Yea I would not play any of them except Flacco. 

Last week before the playoffs and i face the biggest crap talker i know. .. my wife. 

I'm in second place but only 1 game ahead and behind.  

For QB:

Dalton @Cle

Mariota vs Den

T. Taylor vs Pit.

Right now I have Dalton.

Flex:

T. Boyd @Cle

J. Landry vs Ari

D. Booker @Ten

Playing D. Murray and Riddick for nRB and OBJ and D. Adams at WR.  AJ. Green isn't going to be back this week so that hurts.  Hope he is back next week though. 

46 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

Last week before the playoffs and i face the biggest crap talker i know. .. my wife. 

I'm in second place but only 1 game ahead and behind.  

For QB:

Dalton @Cle

Mariota vs Den

T. Taylor vs Pit.

Right now I have Dalton.

Flex:

T. Boyd @Cle

J. Landry vs Ari

D. Booker @Ten

Playing D. Murray and Riddick for nRB and OBJ and D. Adams at WR.  AJ. Green isn't going to be back this week so that hurts.  Hope he is back next week though. 

I'd keep the QB, I'd go with Booker for Flex, especially since Kapri Bibbs went down. The Titans' D against the run is good but not Ravens' level good and the touches for Booker will far exceed the looks for T.Boyd or J.Landry, IMO.

4 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I'd keep the QB, I'd go with Booker for Flex, especially since Kapri Bibbs went down. The Titans' D against the run is good but not Ravens' level good and the touches for Booker will far exceed the looks for T.Boyd or J.Landry, IMO.

Ya but they brought in

Justin Forsett and have committed to splitting snaps in this next game. 

1 minute ago, Narcosys said:

Ya but they brought in

Justin Forsett and have committed to splitting snaps in this next game. 

Sometimes, when there is competition brought in, it is a kick in the pants to a starter and he becomes more efficient knowing his sample space for coaches' evaluation is smaller. I anticipate that to happen with Booker.

50 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Snow showers expected in Green Bay, what's new? :)

I have Thomas Rawls going in, but I do have Todd Gurley going in at home in clear weather in LA. Do I even think of making the switch from Rawls given the matchup?

Gurley has been a disappointment all season, but if he were to break out, it could be against Atlanta who has a bad defense. However, that's not a given as LA is not consistent. I would stick with Rawls and hope for the best. Seattle has played in snow before, so it might not affect them as much.

On Thursday, December 08, 2016 at 1:07 PM, chad72 said:

Sometimes, when there is competition brought in, it is a kick in the pants to a starter and he becomes more efficient knowing his sample space for coaches' evaluation is smaller. I anticipate that to happen with Booker.

So Riddick is out, forcing me to put Booker at RB.  

So now the question is 

T. Boyd or J. Landry for Flex. 

Also currently have D. Adams as a WR vs Sea.

9 hours ago, teganslaw said:

Gurley has been a disappointment all season, but if he were to break out, it could be against Atlanta who has a bad defense. However, that's not a given as LA is not consistent. I would stick with Rawls and hope for the best. Seattle has played in snow before, so it might not affect them as much.

I went with my gut and played Gurley. Goff poached a TD at the end from Gurley but Gurley still managed to fare better than Rawls who become a non-factor due to the pick throwing RW.

It doesn't matter anyways, Derek Carr's stinker will officially boot me out of 2 leagues where I potentially could lose by less than 10 points in both leagues where I could've used 10 more from him. I hate Thursday night games when I've to play the road team guys.

8 hours ago, Narcosys said:

So Riddick is out, forcing me to put Booker at RB.  

So now the question is 

T. Boyd or J. Landry for Flex. 

Also currently have D. Adams as a WR vs Sea.

Without Earl Thomas, I hope you played Davante Adams

Derek Carr didn't help anyone in fantasy. His finger still must have been bothering him, although he claimed it was fine. I watched the game, and something was off about his throwing.

I'm wondering why I had Seattle's defense in one of my leagues. When I found out that Earl Thomas was out, I should have changed to another team. Big mistake that I didn't: Seattle got me minus three points. The only time I'll have them again is if they play at home. Then, I still might go with someone else.

1 hour ago, teganslaw said:

Derek Carr didn't help anyone in fantasy. His finger still must have been bothering him, although he claimed it was fine. I watched the game, and something was off about his throwing.

I'm wondering why I had Seattle's defense in one of my leagues. When I found out that Earl Thomas was out, I should have changed to another team. Big mistake that I didn't: Seattle got me minus three points. The only time I'll have them again is if they play at home. Then, I still might go with someone else.

Tell me about it. 1 playoff exit in the books and 1 more waiting to happen tonight, thanks to such a level of underachievement. Even if he had given me 15 pts, I'd have been disappointed but would have helped me win somewhere. 

But then, this week has not been good to QBs - Carr, Prescott, Big Ben, Wilson, Mariota, Winston, Brees all had 12 pts or less, what are the odds of that happening?

15 hours ago, chad72 said:

Without Earl Thomas, I hope you played Davante Adams

I did. I played boys as well.  Problem is,  Booker did nothing.  I need ravens D to get 24... not happening. It is a punt pet batted pass and a punt for every 25 return yards though.

She had Tampa D that did it for her.  Wish I could have foresaw Bilal powell.

7 minutes ago, Narcosys said:

I did. I played boys as well.  Problem is,  Booker did nothing.  I need ravens D to get 24... not happening. It is a punt pet batted pass and a punt for every 25 return yards though.

Its rain and snow mixed in for tonight's game, might have enough batted passes since it will be a lot of the short passing game

4 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I played Powell this week. He, along with L. Bell, provided near enough points I could have sat most of the other positions, and advanced this week. A lot of luck involved.

I have a couple of streaming options here. 

T. Taylor vs Cle

or

M. Mariota @ KC

Bills D/st vs CLE

or

Houston D vs Jags

Mariota is the better QB,  Taylor has the slight edge on matchups

Bills D has the better matchup, but RG3 could be a worry

Houston D was able to score 20 points against Jags last time in my leage

(1pt deflected pass, 1pt per 25yd return)

Also,

I really don't have much of a better option, but if AJ Green is back, do I play him vs pit or rely on J. Landry @NYJ?

1 hour ago, Narcosys said:

I have a couple of streaming options here. 

T. Taylor vs Cle

or

M. Mariota @ KC

Bills D/st vs CLE

or

Houston D vs Jags

Mariota is the better QB,  Taylor has the slight edge on matchups

Bills D has the better matchup, but RG3 could be a worry

Houston D was able to score 20 points against Jags last time in my leage

(1pt deflected pass, 1pt per 25yd return)

Also,

I really don't have much of a better option, but if AJ Green is back, do I play him vs pit or rely on J. Landry @NYJ?

I'd go with Tyrod Taylor because it is easier to run against KC, hence TN will be running the ball a lot, and punting to not give KC turnovers. Cleveland - you can do both.

I'd go with Houston D vs Jags because RG3 throws more incompletions than picks trying not to lose the game while Bortles will try to make more plays thus resulting in more points for his team but increases the chances for INTs and fumbles. 

A.J.Green vs Pitt. or Landy @NYJ - I'd go with Landry till I see one decent game from AJ because Dolphins' O will have plenty of chances because of NYJ O being inept thus increasing Landry's chances for production. Pitt is a very good O that can control tempo and reduce AJ's looks, and with Pitt's run D being lousy, the Bengals will opt to go with Jeremy Hill more often than not, IMO.

Dynasty league...

Through the workings of excellent trading and lucky drafting, I've managed to amass Antonio Brown (trade), Odell Beckham (draft), Mike Evans (trade), Keenan Allen (trade), and Devante Parker (trade). My RB stable is not as enviable (Thomas Rawls, Jay Ajayi, TJ Yeldon, and Eddie Lacy. I'm fully on board the Cook/Fournette train.

Would it be crazy of me to offer Allen straight up for the 1 - 2 pick to get one of them? The likely, though not certain, trade partner is a WR wasteland outside of Edelman. For what it's worth, I really like Allen and I've basically had him taking up a bench spot for the last 1.5 seasons. His ceiling is Top 5 WR...his floor seems to be bench warmer. I've also proven to be a terrible dynasty drafter outside of OBJ and Kenneth Dixon (no longer with me).

1 hour ago, nburgmei said:

Dynasty league...

Through the workings of excellent trading and lucky drafting, I've managed to amass Antonio Brown (trade), Odell Beckham (draft), Mike Evans (trade), Keenan Allen (trade), and Devante Parker (trade). My RB stable is not as enviable (Thomas Rawls, Jay Ajayi, TJ Yeldon, and Eddie Lacy. I'm fully on board the Cook/Fournette train.

Would it be crazy of me to offer Allen straight up for the 1 - 2 pick to get one of them? The likely, though not certain, trade partner is a WR wasteland outside of Edelman. For what it's worth, I really like Allen and I've basically had him taking up a bench spot for the last 1.5 seasons. His ceiling is Top 5 WR...his floor seems to be bench warmer. I've also proven to be a terrible dynasty drafter outside of OBJ and Kenneth Dixon (no longer with me).

You would have to give up both Allen and Parker to get a round 2 pick, IMO, that is what I would bargain for if I were trading with you. :sip:

14 hours ago, chad72 said:

You would have to give up both Allen and Parker to get a round 2 pick, IMO, that is what I would bargain for if I were trading with you. :sip:

I'm going to have an open spot next year cause one of our guys quit mid season, so he's out.  It would be fun to have you in it. 

On ‎12‎/‎13‎/‎2016 at 4:17 PM, chad72 said:

I'd go with Tyrod Taylor because it is easier to run against KC, hence TN will be running the ball a lot, and punting to not give KC turnovers. Cleveland - you can do both.

I'd go with Houston D vs Jags because RG3 throws more incompletions than picks trying not to lose the game while Bortles will try to make more plays thus resulting in more points for his team but increases the chances for INTs and fumbles. 

A.J.Green vs Pitt. or Landy @NYJ - I'd go with Landry till I see one decent game from AJ because Dolphins' O will have plenty of chances because of NYJ O being inept thus increasing Landry's chances for production. Pitt is a very good O that can control tempo and reduce AJ's looks, and with Pitt's run D being lousy, the Bengals will opt to go with Jeremy Hill more often than not, IMO.

Just picked up the Ravens D/ST that is going against Philly, now that looks to be a great matchup.  Still Houston?

14 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Just picked up the Ravens D/ST that is going against Philly, now that looks to be a great matchup.  Still Houston?

I have the Ravens D/ST and I am playing them in a league that I am still alive. This is a hard one. Both are home match ups for D/ST. Both road teams are average offenses - Eagles and Jags. One thing I can say about this is Caleb Sturgis, the Eagles kicker has 121 pts with 24 PATs while Jason Myers has 95 pts with 23 PATs, so I would have to barely acknowledge that the Eagles move the ball slightly better and the Texans may have the Jags scoring slightly less points on average. So the edge based on numbers goes very slightly to the Texans.

But an angry Ravens D/ST following the Patriots loss, I cannot put numbers on that factor. :)

Hence it becomes your gut call.

14 hours ago, Narcosys said:

I'm going to have an open spot next year cause one of our guys quit mid season, so he's out.  It would be fun to have you in it. 

We will see. My wife is already not too thrilled with me being in 3 leagues. When the SB is over and football season is done, I may re-think giving in to her wishes of not adding more. :)

On Saturday, December 17, 2016 at 0:38 AM, chad72 said:

We will see. My wife is already not too thrilled with me being in 3 leagues. When the SB is over and football season is done, I may re-think giving in to her wishes of not adding more. :)

Takes up too much time? 

15 hours ago, Narcosys said:

Takes up too much time? 

Yeah. I am checking stats and giving the eye test due diligence time with late night games instead of spending time with my wife and daughter, and/or getting things done around the house. If you want to be a good FF player, it sure does take time.

9 minutes ago, chad72 said:

Yeah. I am checking stats and giving the eye test due diligence time with late night games instead of spending time with my wife and daughter, and/or getting things done around the house. If you want to be a good FF player, it sure does take time.

are you in your championship?