Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Morrison

Dark Superman

I've been waiting for the Colts to get themselves a dominant MLB for years now. I like Jackson, but he's not getting any younger. I was pretty sad when we didn't resign Jerrell Freeman..

Does anyone think Morrison could be anything special for us down the stretch? I heard the announcers talking highly about Morrison and I know that he plays with a lot of energy, but I have yet to see something special in him. Does anyone on here think he's going to be a stud for us? When I see him, I think of someone like Freddy Keiaho. Someone who the Colts were high on and played with intensity, but never really panned out. I think he's OK in the run game, but will get a downgrade in the passing game. What do you all think of Morrison?

I think it's WAY too early to make such judgements on a player.      Any player,   but especially a rookie just two games into their pre-season.

But I think Morrison has flashed enough for fans to be optimistic......      beyond that,  I think it will be a while before we know anything.

But for now,   I'm a fan....

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think it's WAY too early to make such judgements on a player.      Any player,   but especially a rookie just two games into their pre-season.

But I think Morrison has flashed enough for fans to be optimistic......      beyond that,  I think it will be a while before we know anything.

But for now,   I'm a fan....

Well put

10 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

I've been waiting for the Colts to get themselves a dominant MLB for years now. I like Jackson, but he's not getting any younger. I was pretty sad when we didn't resign Jerrell Freeman..

Does anyone think Morrison could be anything special for us down the stretch? I heard the announcers talking highly about Morrison and I know that he plays with a lot of energy, but I have yet to see something special in him. Does anyone on here think he's going to be a stud for us? When I see him, I think of someone like Freddy Keiaho. Someone who the Colts were high on and played with intensity, but never really panned out. I think he's OK in the run game, but will get a downgrade in the passing game. What do you all think of Morrison?

Morrison played well. However people have to remember we got him as a run stuffer. His best trait is not pass coverage although he's functional at it in zone coverage. Please dont get disappointed if you don't see Bobby Wagner. Morrisson is more of what we used to attribute to Brandon Spikes, but he has the heart, leadership skills(sort of) and plays with the passion of Ray Lewis. Notice I didn't say the same talent as Ray. He does have that same mindset and grittiness though, and thats what attracted the Colts.

14 hours ago, SupermanLuck12 said:

He was very solid last night from what I saw before they cut off the game I was ticked about that but before they took the game off the air he was solid in my opinion.

I like the passion and hustle I see from Morrison and Edwin Jackson. They take pride in hitting the ball carrier square in the mouth. Jackson runs 4.5 to 4.6 so he's got speed too. Jackson hunts the ball carrier exactly as Monachino said. I like both of them