Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anybody going to the Hall of Fame game?

WoolMagnet

I was there when we played New Orleans (i think 1995 or 1996?)

harbaugh was QB.

it was awesome.  You could get pretty close to the players.

i think the highlight may have been seeing "big dog" the HUGE Browns fan.  He was like a celebrity. People were getting pics with him and acted like he was someone famous.

all in all, a great experience. I got to talk to Deacon Jones, what a card.

if you've never been to the hall, you've got to go at least once. I've been there 3 times in my life i think. The memorabilia and history is INCREDIBLE!  Do it!

I was thinking of going this year.  Always said I'd go if an Indy era player got in.  But something has come up so I don't know if it is feasable this year.  Still trying to make it work but chances are slim right now.

22 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

What are the ticket costs?

The cheapest I've seen is around $100/per.  I haven't been to the HoF since I left Ohio about 30 years ago.  I'd really consider going if I wasn't going to Indy for the Ravens preseason game.

Remember the days when you could gonto the beach for the weekend and spent $100?  Including pizza, gas and room?  (Beer additional of course). It wasn't that long ago.

what the heck happened?

EDIT:

Okay, i feel a little stupid including fuel on a $100 trip to the beach when i' m talikng to people in the middle of the country.

obviously geography is not a strong-suit.

(i'm in Pa)

22 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Remember the days when you could gonto the beach for the weekend and spent $100?  Including pizza, gas and room?  (Beer additional of course). It wasn't that long ago.

what the heck happened?

EDIT:

Okay, i feel a little stupid including fuel on a $100 trip to the beach when i' m talikng to people in the middle of the country.

obviously geography is not a strong-suit.

(i'm in Pa)

To give you an idea how old I am - after college, me and my two buddies spent a month on the road.  Driving from Ohio to California, back through the South, and coming up the East coast.  

We we each had $300.   

Now i I spend about twice that taking my family to a Colts game and a weekend in Indy.  

2 hours ago, Smonroe said:

To give you an idea how old I am - after college, me and my two buddies spent a month on the road.  Driving from Ohio to California, back through the South, and coming up the East coast.  

We we each had $300.   

Now i I spend about twice that taking my family to a Colts game and a weekend in Indy.  

To put this in perspective my 1st job was pumping gas at a gas station. It was 14 cents a gallon. (gas wars were going on at the time) That included washing the windshield and checking the oil. My 2nd job was pumping diesel at a truck stop. It was 36 cents a gallon. That also included washing the windows, mirrors, checking the oil and bumping the tires. I made a whole $2.10 an hour. The saddest part of it all I lived better on that amount of money than what I ended up with at $18.80 per hour before I became disabled.

33 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

To put this in perspective my 1st job was pumping gas at a gas station. It was 14 cents a gallon. (gas wars were going on at the time) That included washing the windshield and checking the oil. My 2nd job was pumping diesel at a truck stop. It was 36 cents a gallon. That also included washing the windows, mirrors, checking the oil and bumping the tires. I made a whole $2.10 an hour. The saddest part of it all I lived better on that amount of money than what I ended up with at $18.80 per hour before I became disabled.

I wish gas was 14 cents a gallon now. That would be Great stuff!

48 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Aint that the truth.

I can remember the first time it took $5 to fill a tank up on a guys pick up truck. He had a fit and accused me of hanging the pump on him. I had to get a calculator and show him I didn't rip him off. Funny now but it wasn't too funny then. :D

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

I can remember the first time it took $5 to fill a tank up on a guys pick up truck. He had a fit and accused me of hanging the pump on him. I had to get a calculator and show him I didn't rip him off. Funny now but it wasn't too funny then. :D

It takes a whole $100 too fill my truck right now diesel is even cheaper than gas lol... but this is nice when I first started driving gas was around $4 a gallon. I would work all weekend just to be able to afford to drive for the week

2 hours ago, twfish said:

It takes a whole $100 too fill my truck right now diesel is even cheaper than gas lol... but this is nice when I first started driving gas was around $4 a gallon. I would work all weekend just to be able to afford to drive for the week

Yeah, it's not right that diesel is more than gas. The transportation industry is suffering for it. It sad the biggest expense is fuel over payments and insurance. Maybe you can get a tax break by claiming it a work relate expense? You might already I don't know, but it might be worth checking out if not?

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

Opens a thread about HOF game.... first thing he see's is someone say " Yeah, it's not right that diesel is more than gas. "... Wut...

It's definitely the height of the off-season  :facepalm:

Youre right.  That reminds me.  When I was a kid we only had five channels and no cable.   We didn't have air conditioning.  

But we used to go to the high school all star game.  Which took place...at the HoF.

5 hours ago, Chucklez said:

Opens a thread about HOF game.... first thing he see's is someone say " Yeah, it's not right that diesel is more than gas. "... Wut...

Like you have never went a little off topic at times? :dunno:

17 hours ago, Chucklez said:

You missed the tax talk haha

8 hours ago, C0lts088 said:

Considering driving up from Dallas to see it. But only for marvelous Marvin. What would be the chances that I could actually speak to him at the game? Cause that's the main reason I'd go. 

Anything is possible for sure. But keep in mind that Marvin is not into meeting and talking too much in public. Or I should say in the past. With this occasion I could be wrong. I tried for just about ever year he was with the Colts to get an autograph and or a picture taken with him with no success. His autographs are pretty rare. Good luck if you take the chance and I hope you are successful if you do go.

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Anything is possible for sure. But keep in mind that Marvin is not into meeting and talking too much in public. Or I should say in the past. With this occasion I could be wrong. I tried for just about ever year he was with the Colts to get an autograph and or a picture taken with him with no success. His autographs are pretty rare. Good luck if you take the chance and I hope you are successful if you do go.

I'll be surprised if his speech lasts longer than his introduction.

• 3 weeks later...