Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Depending on health, Colts run D could be NASTY good.

Lawrence Owen

11 hours ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

Pass Rush/DL are very closely correlated to pass defense.  A faster pass-rush means less coverage time for DBs/LBs.

I think Vontae is elite, I think between our recent FA signing/Butler/D'Joun we may be OK at DB (we could always look for upgrades), but I think getting a very good 2nd CB will not do much if we don't address our issues with ability to rush the passer, whereas improving our pass rush will be able to make our DBs look better.

My point was, if we invest in DL, that DL better be able to push the pocket and rush the passer. I am not interested in a lane clogging 2-gapper.

I have a question..where in the hell in the pass rushing handbook does it say "OLB" is the only position that can attack a passer????Watt isn't an OLB and he's hands down the best pass rusher in the nfl..Aaron Donald pretty much was right behind watt in terms of being disruptive.. You DONT NEED to have a disruptive OLB having a disruptive D-Linemen can do Exactly the same and this draft specializes in D-Line so what's the issue with picking up dline over crappy edge rushers  who either aren't as good as projected or have off the field issues smh

On 4/21/2016 at 0:55 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

We need to give our DLine a nick name,

How bout BLUE CRUSH?

any suggestions???

Novel Idea but...

How about waiting for them to play a game at least 1 before we get carried away .  Just a thought the whole were building a monster thing has yet to come to fruition the DEFENSE has nothing much to brag about yet  howabout  last season Blue Crushed . This season is still a mystery damn the off season is way to long .

8 hours ago, will426 said:

I have a question..where in the hell in the pass rushing handbook does it say "OLB" is the only position that can attack a passer????Watt isn't an OLB and he's hands down the best pass rusher in the nfl..Aaron Donald pretty much was right behind watt in terms of being disruptive.. You DONT NEED to have a disruptive OLB having a disruptive D-Linemen can do Exactly the same and this draft specializes in D-Line so what's the issue with picking up dline over crappy edge rushers  who either aren't as good as projected or have off the field issues smh

in a 4-3 defense your pass rush comes from your DE's,...like when we had Freeney/Mathis.  and aka, your Watt/Clowney.  We have a 3-4 defense where a lb is a rusher.  Granted the d-line not only stops the run but is supposed to get penetration and put pressure on a qb.  the problem with ours is, it did, usually from the DE position as it is supposed to. but our rushing lb on the other side was unable to also get penetration thus the qb was just able to roll right and avoid the pressure.  This is why we need another stud olb.

4 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Novel Idea but...

How about waiting for them to play a game at least 1 before we get carried away .  Just a thought the whole were building a monster thing has yet to come to fruition the DEFENSE has nothing much to brag about yet  howabout  last season Blue Crushed . This season is still a mystery damn the off season is way to long .

Actually I was just joking. I think we were ranked in bottom third in run defense, not sure. But wegetting better, Parry & Andrson couple nice players but someone like Billings would really help.

9 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

in a 4-3 defense your pass rush comes from your DE's,...like when we had Freeney/Mathis.  and aka, your Watt/Clowney.  We have a 3-4 defense where a lb is a rusher.  Granted the d-line not only stops the run but is supposed to get penetration and put pressure on a qb.  the problem with ours is, it did, usually from the DE position as it is supposed to. but our rushing lb on the other side was unable to also get penetration thus the qb was just able to roll right and avoid the pressure.  This is why we need another stud olb.

Texans play a 34 defense

On April 21, 2016 at 0:55 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

We need to give our DLine a nick name,

How bout BLUE CRUSH?

any suggestions???

They haven't earned one yet.  Let's see what they actually look like on the field before we start boosting them up. I mean every offseason fans get all excited over how much Colts defense will improve and usually they end up being pretty underwhelming.  

7 hours ago, BOTT said:

Texans play a 34 defense

I'm still trying to find out where does it say you need a stud OLB at in the pass rush handbook and he didn't answe me Lol..stud dline pass rusher is just as good as an OLB don't you agree?

1 hour ago, will426 said:

I'm still trying to find out where does it say you need a stud OLB at in the pass rush handbook and he didn't answe me Lol..stud dline pass rusher is just as good as an OLB don't you agree?

Sure, but they are very difficult to find.

OK, For 1, My post was about me believing we have/had the pieces/players we need for an excellent run defense.  But those who just watch stat sheets would not understand this.  So I figured what may be obvious to me, may not be to others.   So I shared and explained my sentiments.

As for a D-line rusher, yes you can get a VERY good D-line pass rusher in a 3-4 scheme, but if you already have good players (in depth) already in place, and the lbing corps is obviously weak on talent,  why not go with what is more available, shore up a weak spot, and keep what works in tact?  

As for Parry, yes, he is the weakest link to the D-line, but make no mistake, he played LEAPS & STRIDES better than the 2 guys we had the year  before.  He was very efficient for the first 1/2 of last year.  Whether it was because of playing next to Anderson, or Because of the 'rookie wall', or he just got tired, we won't know until we see me this year.

My point was/is this :  I pray Anderson Langford, Jones and Parry are able to be for the most part, injury free.  yes injuries is an obvious thing we don't want.  But even without injuries, some teams, (I believe most) don't have the talent we have on the d-line.  then stacking Moore and Irving, and Geathers tackling abilities this next year, we could see a stat sheet reiterate my sentiments.

2 hours ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Hi Colts_Fan12 I see there was an exchange between you and supposedly me? I want to apologize first off as I wouldn't just attack someone like that. My posting history would show that? I didn't write any of that but have a feeling that someone who I punished and foolishly left my computer on did? Again my apologies to you and to the whole thread...a young man is in even more trouble this morning.....smh

Mods please delete the nonsense my Step Son hurled at Colts_Fan12 and accept my apologies?

12 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Lol I'm just an adult unlike you 

roflmao

I disagree that's the league is turning into a passing league. Teams will do what it takes to win. Whether that's long drives with runs and playing time of possession. Or explosive passing. Either way you still need a strong running game. Need to be able to stop the run. Especially when it counts in the playoffs.