Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did It Surprise You That Grigson Hadnt Talked To Manning?

oldunclemark

Peyton is not the key to any draft, like they said its no surprise but at the same time I think he isn't telling the truth. There's no doubt in my mind that Grigson has had contact with manning.

i hear tell that grigson is the new first alternate on the doublestuff oreo team. as long as eli is in the playoffs, grigs and peyton are working out privately on team chemistry.

At the Monday press conference, Grigson suggested he hadnt talked to Peyton Manning and hadnt even started on that situation yet..

..aftre being here a week

That struck me as ominous..since I want Peyton to come back...

..any other way to look at that?

Of course he talked to Peyton, prolly went something like this.

" well Peyton I'm happy to be here and glad your my QB. Irsay tells me your looking good, which is good news for me, cause I get to start my new career on the right path. Thanks"

But seriously, I think he has he was just trying to avoid all the questions that would follow. Smart move on his part.

But what everyone seems to forget is Irsay already made the call on Peyton, if he's healthy and playing it'll be in a colts uniform. So with that said I think JI realized he showed his hand a lil bit and now needs to do a lil bluffing so he can get more for that first pick. Just mo of course. You don't think that JI had this convo with grigs in the interview? I'd bet he did.

I surprises me that he says that Peyton called him, but he hasn't called back yet.

That surprised me too at first but the more I think about it we don't know what the details were about it. Maybe Peyton called him when he was in an interview with Spags. What was he going to do say hey um sorry Spags but I gotta take this. Maybe it happened while they were figuring out what to do with Caldwell. Who knows.

There could be something more to it but it could also just be he really hadn't had a chance to get back to Peyton yet. I mean I am sure when he does talk to Peyton it's going to be more than a five minute phone call. It's going to be something he's going to want to set some time aside to give Peyton the time and attention he deserves.

I really dont care what the excuse is. You talk to Peyton Manning first. Unless Peyton doesnt matter, or Irsay has already taken care of that situation. Its one or the other, and I am not happy we havent heard about either.

It is surprising, but it's not like he has had a ton of extra time. If they tried to reach each other but were not successful I can understand.

I does bother me a bit, but I think this falls into the category of important but not urgent.

At the Monday press conference, Grigson suggested he hadnt talked to Peyton Manning and hadnt even started on that situation yet..

Peyton is not coming back...

He wasnt here when we were winning and having fun. He wasnt here to witness the greatness and the golden years.

He is here to fire everyone and cut all our best players just so he can prove a point that he is the new sheriff in town.

I am not surprised at all he hasn't talked to Manning. He is afraid to look him in the eye.

This new GM we have wants Manning gone and he wants to make himself famous by drafting Luck. He will get ALL the credit for drafting him.

My parrot could have done that draft. lmao

He wasnt here when we were winning and having fun. He wasnt here to witness the greatness and the golden years.

He is here to fire everyone and cut all our best players just so he can prove a point that he is the new sheriff in town.

I am not surprised at all he hasn't talked to Manning. He is afraid to look him in the eye.

This new GM we have wants Manning gone and he wants to make himself famous by drafting Luck. He will get ALL the credit for drafting him.

My parrot could have done that draft. lmao

just cause be wasn't here doesn't mean he doesn't know the greatness, that is Peyton Manning. He's been in the league, he knows the HOF QB we have already.

And just cause he's the new sheriff doesn't mean he can over step his boundaries, he still has Mayor Irsay he has to answer to.

I don't know that he needed to call him to have a serious discussion about the team, his status and the future, but I think a simple introductory call is a sign of respect and would have taken him all of five minutes.

In this age of cell phones, I don't know how you can miss someone's call (phone tage) unless you are trying to avoid them.

Of course, maybe Peyton is trying to avoid him.

Imo, it has always been Irsay's call on Peyton. Grigson knew that coming in. Irsay told Grigson that his job is first and foremost what he is doing right now. My question is with all of the twittering and Hannah Storm coming down to interview Irsay and PFT mentioning the whole situation every 5 minutes, where is Peyton working out at? In the Fortress of Solitude? I mean, my gosh, there are camera's all over the 4 teams in the playoffs showing their practices, but Heaven forbid you should get a shot of Manning doing his workout.

I really dont care what the excuse is. You talk to Peyton Manning first. Unless Peyton doesnt matter, or Irsay has already taken care of that situation. Its one or the other, and I am not happy we havent heard about either.

No you don't.

Manning is the least of his concerns right now. In case you hadn't noticed, in between talking ball with Irsay we've been firing our entire coaching staff. Those positions aren't going to fill themselves. That's priority number one. We won't know anything about manning until march anyway. Plenty of time to evaluate that situation.

Grigson has enough on his plate right now as does Manning. This is a non-issue

No you don't.

Manning is the least of his concerns right now. In case you hadn't noticed, in between talking ball with Irsay we've been firing our entire coaching staff. Those positions aren't going to fill themselves. That's priority number one. We won't know anything about manning until march anyway. Plenty of time to evaluate that situation.

Grigson has enough on his plate right now as does Manning. This is a non-issue

I have to disagree,

That is the QB of your team, and the face of the NFL. Not to mention the person that every media personality is talking about at least once a day. So, yes you call him. You dont have to discuss anything, but you call him and say, "Hi I am Mr. SO and SO and I am the new GM of the organization that your the star QB at. I just wanted to extend my hand and say hello."

Yes you do call Peyton right of the bat. Even if he is going to be traded or released.

What has not rung true with this issue was a statement by Polian before the end of the season that on the Monday after the season, Manning would fail his physical so that he could stay at the complex and continue his rehabilitation under the Colts medical staff. Then Manning said that Polian was talking to him at the complex when Irsay called Polian out to fire him.

If Manning has been rehabbing at the complex, why has Grigson not at least been able to say hi!

I have to disagree,

That is the QB of your team, and the face of the NFL. Not to mention the person that every media personality is talking about at least once a day. So, yes you call him. You dont have to discuss anything, but you call him and say, "Hi I am Mr. SO and SO and I am the new GM of the organization that your the star QB at. I just wanted to extend my hand and say hello."

Yes you do call Peyton right of the bat. Even if he is going to be traded or released.

Look, everyone understands who Peyton Manning is.

Right now thought, there are bigger issues. For both of them. Manning needs to get his neck in order, and Grigson needs to get the structure of the organization in order. There will be a time and place where they both sit down with each other. They've both tried calling each other so it's not as if neither has reached out to the other.

This is not a big issue.

Look, everyone understands who Peyton Manning is.

Right now thought, there are bigger issues. For both of them. Manning needs to get his neck in order, and Grigson needs to get the structure of the organization in order. There will be a time and place where they both sit down with each other. They've both tried calling each other so it's not as if neither has reached out to the other.

This is not a big issue.

I have to disagree again. Yes, you call Peyton or have him come in to say hi. He is rehabbing at the complex for crying out loud. I am pretty sure Polian was in the rehab area talking to Peyton when he got the call to come see Irsay about getting the ax. It seems to me the Grigs wasnt ready or prepared to reach out to Peyton. That seems very strange to me. Yes, I understand the dude has a lot to do. He knew that comming in. It wasnt all just drop of at his desk a few days ago. He wanted it. It takes me about 4 seconds to dial a number. It takes me about 1 minute to say Hi, cant really talk alot right now just wanted to introduce myself. If he couldnt find 1 minute and 4 seconds to do that a few times a day to make sure you get ahold of Peyton, then it seems alittle strange to me.

They've played phone tag. Peyton's priority is getting healthy and in shape. Grigson's priority is getting a coaching staff in place. I'd say they will have a discussion soon. This really is no big deal. If we were closer to March then it would be.

I have to disagree again. Yes, you call Peyton or have him come in to say hi. He is rehabbing at the complex for crying out loud. I am pretty sure Polian was in the rehab area talking to Peyton when he got the call to come see Irsay about getting the ax. It seems to me the Grigs wasnt ready or prepared to reach out to Peyton. That seems very strange to me. Yes, I understand the dude has a lot to do. He knew that comming in. It wasnt all just drop of at his desk a few days ago. He wanted it. It takes me about 4 seconds to dial a number. It takes me about 1 minute to say Hi, cant really talk alot right now just wanted to introduce myself. If he couldnt find 1 minute and 4 seconds to do that a few times a day to make sure you get ahold of Peyton, then it seems alittle strange to me.

This is all much ado about nothing.

If Polian was still here, Manning would be definitely starting next year.

Polian has the powers to make nervs come back in someone's neck? Why the heck didn't he use them this year?!

On a more serious issue here it's a question of if Peyton will be healthy or not. If he's healthy I would expect him to return as our starter next year. If he's not then I think we will release him. Irsay when asked about Peyton doesn't seem to be backing away from keeping Peyton Manning if he's healthy even with all the rebuilding talk. I think Irsay does have real questions about Peyton's health though and if he's not healthy that's going to force the Colts to release him.