Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

1. Billings NT elite power and speed play maker at point of attack 

2 Thompson FS guy is a ball magnet Better 40 time I think puts him back in the 2nd

3 Jones ILB freak athlete only one year as a starter pushes him to the 3rd

4 Ngakoue Edge waited on the edge its a weak class He will help the pass rush immediatley

5. Seumola C/G He will play C for us maybe day 1 The more I see he is on par with the top guys A steal here 

7. Holmes Edge small school kid who can get after the QB

i went D heavy. I think that is what we need playmakers 1-4 on D. Seumola will challenge for to start on the interior week 1. He's good. I think we sign a vet C or G before it's all over. I believe they are happy at OT and Philbin makes a diffeence. Thought about 

1 Billings 2 Calhoun 3 Jones 4 Simmons 5 Seumola 7 Holmes 

i like Simmons think he's a sleeper at FS. 

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think Jones is a reach. We need athletic LBs but all he is, is an athletic LB . Not even an elite run defender.

Ok you call the guy a reach yet he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet and you say we need athletic LB's then you turn around and say all he is is athletic what are you talking about.

16 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Ok you call the guy a reach yet he hasn't played a down in the NFL yet and you say we need athletic LB's then you turn around and say all he is is athletic what are you talking about.

His game isn't complete. I did a write up on him awhile back. He's really athletic and good in coverage, but that's it. He isn't amazing against the run which is the main responsibility of an ILB, which people seem to forget.

We need athletic LBs, but not guys who are really good in coverage but poor in the box. If Ragland is a 2 down LB, Jones is a 1 down LB in our scheme. He doesn't have the instincts or tackling ability of the other LBs in this class.

Thats why he's a reach. You don't spend a third on a LB who isn't a great run defender.

1 hour ago, Defjamz26 said:

His game isn't complete. I did a write up on him awhile back. He's really athletic and good in coverage, but that's it. He isn't amazing against the run which is the main responsibility of an ILB, which people seem to forget.

We need athletic LBs, but not guys who are really good in coverage but poor in the box. If Ragland is a 2 down LB, Jones is a 1 down LB in our scheme. He doesn't have the instincts or tackling ability of the other LBs in this class.

Thats why he's a reach. You don't spend a third on a LB who isn't a great run defender.

The Colts already have plenty of LBS like Ragland who can play against the run. The biggest problem is finding an athletic one who can cover the field.

I want someone who can cover TEs. 

Remember too if Colts take Billings that alone will help the D overall

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think Jones is a reach. We need athletic LBs but all he is, is an athletic LB . Not even an elite run defender.

The 3rd is probably to late for him really He ran a 4.38 40 at his pro day. You can't teach that. we might actually stop the pass to the RB. 

21 minutes ago, akcolt said:

The 3rd is probably to late for him really He ran a 4.38 40 at his pro day. You can't teach that. we might actually stop the pass to the RB. 

That 4.38 should send out red flags. If he's running that he's lite as hell. He can't be more than 210. No LB should be that fast. Luke Keuchly is the best LB in the game and his 40 was a 4.58. Darron Lee ran a 4.47 this year but he's lite too. 4.38 says he's too lite to play inside a 3-4.

Besides, instincts are what make a LB, not speed.

4 hours ago, danlhart87 said:

The Colts already have plenty of LBS like Ragland who can play against the run. The biggest problem is finding an athletic one who can cover the field.

The Colts have exactly zero linebackers like Ragland.   We're one of the worst teams in the NFL against the run.

Ragland would be an improvement on what we currently have.  

I don't care that you don't want him --  that's fine.    But let's not make up arguments out of thin air to justify not taking him.      That's not going to work....

On ‎4‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 7:40 PM, danlhart87 said:

Ya we need a coverage ILB maybe two.

On ‎4‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 0:38 AM, Defjamz26 said:

That 4.38 should send out red flags. If he's running that he's lite as hell. He can't be more than 210. No LB should be that fast. Luke Keuchly is the best LB in the game and his 40 was a 4.58. Darron Lee ran a 4.47 this year but he's lite too. 4.38 says he's too lite to play inside a 3-4.

Besides, instincts are what make a LB, not speed.

Shazier ran 4.33 and he was 230.

On 4/4/2016 at 0:32 PM, SCst said:

Honestly to me, Billings at 18th is a big reach to me. Besides I think Robert Nkemdiche will be much better. Overall I like the draft though. Very good job.

I think 4 to 5 DT's go in the first, Billings is going to be one of them, don't see how this is a reach.

18 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And he plays in a 4-3 as an OLB. No ILB/MLB will be that fast. That's more so what I meant. When guys run that fast, you're looking at a 4-3 WILL LB.

Pittsburgh is still running a 3-4 scheme under Butler and Shazier plays inside with Timmons.

9 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Pittsburgh is still running a 3-4 scheme under Butler and Shazier plays inside.

Doesn't Harrison play inside? I thought Shazier was just the coverage back. If not, I stand corrected.

But my point is that is an exception to the rule. Generally short, fast guys are 4-3 guys, which is where I think Jones will go.

Just now, Defjamz26 said:

Doesn't Harrison play inside? I thought Shazier was just the coverage back. If not, I stand corrected.

But my point is that is an exception to the rule. Generally short, fast guys are 4-3 guys, which is where I think Jones will go.

Harrison and Dupree are the OLB's.... 

I do agree with your last statement. I don't like Lee or Jones within our system. Let them go to a 4-3 team and flourish. 

On 4/2/2016 at 7:40 PM, danlhart87 said:

ancient in football years D'qwell and Walden, who isn't that young either..... and still unproven after injury Nate Irving.....I wouldn't exactly say we are stacked with thumping run stoppers going forward.... we have Sio Moore and not much else for athletic LB'ers... Sylvestre is a raw prospect at best..... so either way, we need both it seems, like a lot of spots on this roster.