Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

FA

Luckynumber12

Best thing we could hope for it this. Trade back to the end of the 1st, pick up an extra 2nd or 3rd, and hit BIG on our first 5 picks or so. We literally need like 4 day 1 starters and its possible if we traded down and had a 1, two 2's and a 3. We could get a EDGE rusher, a CB, a G, and a C to all come in and play major roles day 1. But like I said Grigs has to hit a 500 foot homerun with this draft. Because I don't wanna wait a year to be real SB contenders. That's stupid when you have a franchise QB.

19 minutes ago, Luckynumber12 said:

hey everybody  r we done in FA Really wanted cb 2 ol?     

who may be targets

To answer you're question....Who knows. I think we should sign like Stefen Wisniewski, Patrick Robinson, and Owen Daniels. Then we could get a EDGE rusher and G with our first 2 picks. Owen Daniels can still play and would give us another good receiving TE to back up Allen. Patrick Robinson would be a pretty big upgrade from Toler too. We should look into Evan Mathis too.

No we are not done in FA.
The guys you want may come in the draft or just as likely become available
after teams see what they have after some camp time.
 There are Always players available through trade or from cuts to dump salary.
 Grigson was very patient last year.

I tell you what I'd like to see. I'd like to see us just kill the draft, and then after words pull off a big trade. Trade like, our 17 2nd for a stud Guard or Corner, or EDGE rusher. Or a low risk high reward like trade. Like a 2017 4th or 5th for Justin Gilbert, Dee Milliner, or Darqueze Dennard. Hey. It worked with Vontae. Little different situation, but those 3 guys have the potential to be number 1 corners. A new team and a new coaching staff can do wonders.

Bring in Evan Mathis to compete with Thornton and sign Wisniewski to be our starting Center for the next couple years. If Thornton has improved as much as some think he will, then Mathis will be on the bench. But if not, Mathis is still capable of playing at a very high level and we'd have a really good O-Line. Probably a top 10 O-Line actually. But then we could draft all D.

21 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Bring in Evan Mathis to compete with Thornton and sign Wisniewski to be our starting Center for the next couple years. If Thornton has improved as much as some think he will, then Mathis will be on the bench. But if not, Mathis is still capable of playing at a very high level and we'd have a really good O-Line. Probably a top 10 O-Line actually. But then we could draft all D.

Who is playing RT? Our back up tackle who was forced to play last year? 

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Mathis signed with the Cardinals already.

1 hour ago, JPFolks said:

Who is playing RT? Our back up tackle who was forced to play last year? 

We're ok at RT man. The staff is really high on Good, and I think he can be our guy as well. Worse case is Reitz is the starter and IMO, he's an average starter. Maybe slightly above average. The interior is the main concern. We get a good G and C and our line is set.

I agree Reitz did a solid job, but he's no youngster and he's our depth.  I wasn't aware that the Colts were "high" on Good.  Is it that YOU are high on him, or is there a source suggesting he's now our RT starter going forward? 

53 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I agree Reitz did a solid job, but he's no youngster and he's our depth.  I wasn't aware that the Colts were "high" on Good.  Is it that YOU are high on him, or is there a source suggesting he's now our RT starter going forward? 

Jim Irsay himself said so. PFF has Joe Rietz as one of the best tackles on the whole league. He's no problem, get a starting centre and a guard to push Thornton and others for RG.

Here's your proof!

Jim Irsay has high hopes for Colts right tackle Denzelle Good

One note from Irsay that, interestingly, didn't make it into Doyel's story was something he tweeted out after the fact on Sunday.  It sounds as if the Colts' owner has high hopes for Denzelle Good:

Irsay: "We think we’ve found a good one in (LT) Denzelle Good. 7th-round pick from unproven school is going to prove to be quite the pick."

— Gregg Doyel (@GreggDoyelStar)

January 10, 2016

Irsay likes LT Castonzo, RG Mewhort, RT Good "but we have to be looking inside ... get another couple young offensive linemen, no question."

January 10, 2016
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/1/11/10749688/jim-irsay-has-high-hopes-for-colts-right-tackle-denzelle-good

45 minutes ago, krunk said:

Here's your proof!

One note from Irsay that, interestingly, didn't make it into Doyel's story was something he tweeted out after the fact on Sunday.  It sounds as if the Colts' owner has high hopes for Denzelle Good:

Irsay: "We think we’ve found a good one in (LT) Denzelle Good. 7th-round pick from unproven school is going to prove to be quite the pick."

January 10, 2016

Irsay likes LT Castonzo, RG Mewhort, RT Good "but we have to be looking inside ... get another couple young offensive linemen, no question."

January 10, 2016
http://www.stampedeblue.com/2016/1/11/10749688/jim-irsay-has-high-hopes-for-colts-right-tackle-denzelle-good

Its hard to take Doyel seriously when he can't get the players he supposedly covers positions correct, lol! The last two quotes from him have Good at LT then RT (which is what he plays) and has Mewhort at RG (which he doesn't play, he is the LG)???? This isn't pointed at you Krunk, as you only posted it, but Doyel really cracks me up sometimes haha

3 minutes ago, TheRustonRifle#7 said:

Its hard to take Doyel seriously when he can't get the players he supposedly covers positions correct, lol! The last two quotes from him have Good at LT then RT (which is what he plays) and has Mewhort at RG (which he doesn't play, he is the LG)???? This is pointed at you Krunk, as you only posted it, but Doyel really cracks me up sometimes haha

Doyel sucks!

13 hours ago, krunk said:

Here's your proof!

January 10, 2016

January 10, 2016

I don't question that Irsay says he likes the guy, but do you have any empirical evidence that he's a starting RT worthy of counting on going forward?  Should we take what Irsay tweets as fact, full stop?  If that's the argument you're making, good on ya, I just don't know that we've had much of a chance to see if he's really going to be the guy.  I put a guard and center in my mock and not a tackle myself, but it wasn't based on Good being "the man" but rather that we're weakest at those two spots and have a stop gap guy in Reitz (who was oddly enough only a basketball player at my high school, something I have never been able to figure how he's become so solid coming with no football in his background).  Perhaps Reitz with Good as a backup will have to do this year since we have so many holes and only can spare picks for a guard and center.  Too bad we wasted picks on Center and Guard already in Grigson's reign.  Let's hope they can do a better job finding starter quality players and that Reitz can hold up and Good can step up to deserve the praise of Irsay who certainly has tweeted a variety of things over the years that folks wouldn't be taking to the bank... 

I don't question that Irsay says he likes the guy, but do you have any empirical evidence that he's a starting RT worthy of counting on going forward?  Should we take what Irsay tweets as fact, full stop?  If that's the argument you're making, good on ya, I just don't know that we've had much of a chance to see if he's really going to be the guy.  I put a guard and center in my mock and not a tackle myself, but it wasn't based on Good being "the man" but rather that we're weakest at those two spots and have a stop gap guy in Reitz (who was oddly enough only a basketball player at my high school, something I have never been able to figure how he's become so solid coming with no football in his background).  Perhaps Reitz with Good as a backup will have to do this year since we have so many holes and only can spare picks for a guard and center.  Too bad we wasted picks on Center and Guard already in Grigson's reign.  Let's hope they can do a better job finding starter quality players and that Reitz can hold up and Good can step up to deserve the praise of Irsay who certainly has tweeted a variety of things over the years that folks wouldn't be taking to the bank... 

But JP you asked for proof the Colts had confidence in Good and I gave you proof. Now you're asking for empirical evidence? Wouldn't that be most of the games he started while grading out positive in each game other than the Jacksonville game where I must admit he got whipped. But that was expected at some point coming out of Mars Hill. The guy moves well and he is pretty strong along with being huge. He should only get better with a full off season program to trim up all the baby fat and get muscled up. Grigson, Pagano, and Irsay have all said our edge guys can protect. Just need to Shore up the middle. If you bring in a guy like Conklin for the Guard position that gives us another guy that can play right tackle if needed. Or you could look at moving Denzelle inside to guard and play Conklin at tackle full time if he struggles but I'm confident Good can handle it. Lot of versatility between the two guys. Plus I doubt Good starts over Reitz anyway. You never know though because Grigson really views Reitz as a swing tackle due to durability issues.

12 hours ago, krunk said:

But JP you asked for proof the Colts had confidence in Good and I gave you proof. Now you're asking for empirical evidence? Wouldn't that be most of the games he started while grading out positive in each game other than the Jacksonville game where I must admit he got whipped. But that was expected at some point coming out of Mars Hill. The guy moves well and he is pretty strong along with being huge. He should only get better with a full off season program to trim up all the baby fat and get muscled up. Grigson, Pagano, and Irsay have all said our edge guys can protect. Just need to Shore up the middle. If you bring in a guy like Conklin for the Guard position that gives us another guy that can play right tackle if needed. Or you could look at moving Denzelle inside to guard and play Conklin at tackle full time if he struggles but I'm confident Good can handle it. Lot of versatility between the two guys. Plus I doubt Good starts over Reitz anyway. You never know though because Grigson really views Reitz as a swing tackle due to durability issues.

I'm thinking we'll let Good and Reitz battle it out for the starting spot. I can see Good beating him out too. At least I hope he does.

On 3/22/2016 at 9:48 PM, JPFolks said:

One of the interesting bits of the meeting that Holder has shared is just how high the team is on offensive tackle Denzelle Good

Kid you not: Listening to Irsay’s interview. Mentions Denzelle Good at least five times. 7th rd OT from Mars Hill last yr. Is well regarded

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) March 22, 2016

Folo up the Denzelle Good quote… Irsay: “We don’t see why he can’t be a starting RG or RT in this league.”
Does that mean 2016? We’ll see

— Stephen Holder (@HolderStephen) March 22, 2016

http://horseshoeheroes.com/2016/03/22/will-the-colts-start-denzelle-good-on-the-offensive-line-this-year/

On 3/22/2016 at 0:02 AM, krunk said:

I don't count opinion as proof.  But I did say "good on ya" if that's all you need to be in full stop support of him.  (read what I said).  You're saying you're confident Good can handle it, and I simply thought it made sense to take a look at actual evidence, rather than opinion, to come to that conclusion.  

As for drafting, we COULD take that Ohio State Tackle who can also play guard in the first round which would definitely give us serious options.  With Costanzo getting hurt (and otherwise playing awful most of the season by his own admission) we may need help on both sides.  Perhaps a Tackle, Guard and Center would solidify us for the next 5-10 years.  Some have us picking a non division 1 pass rusher in the first round... that makes me a little leary based on Grigson's poor record in general with first round picks and pass rushers in any round.  Maybe a solid Guard/Tackle from Offensive Lineman U (Ohio State) would be the safest bet.  I wonder what Mewhort knows about the guy? 

3 minutes ago, JPFolks said:

I don't count opinion as proof.  But I did say "good on ya" if that's all you need to be in full stop support of him.  (read what I said).  You're saying you're confident Good can handle it, and I simply thought it made sense to take a look at actual evidence, rather than opinion, to come to that conclusion.  

As for drafting, we COULD take that Ohio State Tackle who can also play guard in the first round which would definitely give us serious options.  With Costanzo getting hurt (and otherwise playing awful most of the season by his own admission) we may need help on both sides.  Perhaps a Tackle, Guard and Center would solidify us for the next 5-10 years.  Some have us picking a non division 1 pass rusher in the first round... that makes me a little leary based on Grigson's poor record in general with first round picks and pass rushers in any round.  Maybe a solid Guard/Tackle from Offensive Lineman U (Ohio State) would be the safest bet.  I wonder what Mewhort knows about the guy? 

if you're talking about Spence he played at Ohio state before he was ever at EKU. Was pretty productive before drug suspension.

3 minutes ago, krunk said:

if you're talking about Spence he played at Ohio state before he was ever at EKU. Was pretty productive before drug suspension.

Didn't we just cut another former Ohio State pass rusher who was in trouble at OSU before moving to Ball State?  Can we learn from past lessons?  Dirtbag Pash Rushers aren't worth the headaches.