Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Alexander vs Jackson III

Alexander vs Jackson III (my two favorite corners)  

44 members have voted

1. 1. Which CB would you rather draft at 18?

• Mackensie Alexander
    • William Jackson III

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Seems the popular vote is Alexander. Anyone care to explain why?

It seems as though they are a little opposite in that Alexander gets a bit grabby and presses at line well. Jackson has the measureables but isn't that great in press coverage and needs to work on double moves as he likes to jump routes. Alexander on the other hand scares me as he needs to work on his footwork and he didn't have great production in college. Alexander did get grabby so I definitely see more PI than what Jackson will have. Ideally I like Apple for our first or hopefully trading back slightly and snagging Jackson.

1 hour ago, COLTS449 said:

Jackson all day. But there's a handful of corners in this draft that I think can be really good. Ramsey, Hargreaves, Jackson, Alexander, Apple, Robinson, and Fuller, etc

I like Fuller in the 2nd or Howard in the 3rd. I also like Hall and Russell as FS's. I think Russell could be a solid #2 but could be special at FS. There is talk of him falling to the middle of day 3. I would jump on him in the 5th. 

If between Jackson and Alexander, def Jackson. Alexander seems like a good player, but would rather go with the guy who has the height/speed, etc and has made the int's .All that being said, would believe we would be OK with either.   But as Archer said above, I would like Apple better if he fell to us.

44 minutes ago, AndyColt said:

I would take William Jackson all day long.....  

I haven't watched much tape of either but that game for Jackson wasn't particularly impressive IMO. he first INT he was actually beat deep and the QB under threw it same with his next big breakup and the last INT was a 4th down with the QB running around and trying to force something. I watched the Clemson Bama game and came away more impressed with Alexander.