Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This guy has speed

Man I seen that last night come across ESPN. 4:19 40. Yeah he may have just got himself drafted in the 7th round. Whick I know sounds bad. But is actually very good for somebody who probably wasn't on anyone's radar. If he doesn't get drafted though I want us to pick him up as an UDFA and see how he looks in camp. could be a killer return man.

56 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Man I seen that last night come across ESPN. 4:19 40. Yeah he may have just got himself drafted in the 7th round. Whick I know sounds bad. But is actually very good for somebody who probably wasn't on anyone's radar. If he doesn't get drafted though I want us to pick him up as an UDFA and see how he looks in camp. could be a killer return man.

Yeah I think he pretty much gaurenteed himself a chance with a team. The Colts love speed at WR so they might check him out as I'm sure plenty of other teams will also.

3 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Official time was 4.32. That was a hand clocked time apparently. It's still pretty impressive but not as noteworthy as previously stated. 

The way the article was worded it made it sound like pretty much all of the scouts had around the same time.

4 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

The way the article was worded it made it sound like pretty much all of the scouts had around the same time.

Unfortunately the only one that counts it's the electronic measurement, the one that doesn't rely on the time it takes for the human body to react. Not saying he isnt fast but he didn't get an official 4.19. If he did it would be a record. Not really fair to compare his unofficial time with an official one, as the margins of error are night and day. The laser timing is supposedly within 1/100 of a second whereas the average human brain has a delay of between .06 and .14 seconds. It gets even worse because a lot of the time people try to compensate for this delay, which leads to inaccurate readings the other way, as it's really hard to try and do something 1/10 of a second faster. I could attempt to show the actual math from it,  but tbh I haven't touched these formulas in years, and I wasn't exactly an ace in statistics to begin with :P

But honestly even with the official time he just got himself on an NFL team, or at least on a lot of Teams radar today. I am impressed with his run AND his vertical jump (dude legit tied a combine record). If the guy can catch then I want him in blue and white! Perfect late Round pick to be our WR5 and possible KR.  

4 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Unfortunately the only one that counts it's the electronic measurement, the one that doesn't rely on the time it takes for the human body to react. Not saying he isnt fast but he didn't get an official 4.19. If he did it would be a record. Not really fair to compare his unofficial time with an official one, as the margins of error are night and day. The laser timing is supposedly within 1/100 of a second whereas the average human brain has a delay of between .06 and .14 seconds. It gets even worse because a lot of the time people try to compensate for this delay, which leads to inaccurate readings the other way, as it's really hard to try and do something 1/10 of a second faster. I could attempt to show the actual math from it,  but tbh I haven't touched these formulas in years, and I wasn't exactly an ace in statistics to begin with :P

But honestly even with the official time he just got himself on an NFL team, or at least on a lot of Teams radar today. I am impressed with his run AND his vertical jump (dude legit tied a combine record). If the guy can catch then I want him in blue and white! Perfect late Round pick to be our WR5 and possible KR.  

Yeah in High School we used the electronic time measurements. I was a center and slow so I hated them! haha Needed those possible extra tenths of a second on the hand held! 

Also I could see many teams trying but I could actually see the Colts being in Atleast the top 5 running for him. They seem to like players with his attributes.

4 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Yeah in High School we used the electronic time measurements. I was a center and slow so I hated them! haha Needed those possible extra tenths of a second on the hand held! 

Also I could see many teams trying but I could actually see the Colts being in Atleast the top 5 running for him. They seem to like players with his attributes.

haha I hear ya man. I was a LT in high school. Running the 40 was never a fun day.