Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Day 3

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Camalei Correa is a solid possibility for us during this draft as a pass rusher.  He seems to be a pretty good player, and so far I've liked how he moves dropping in space and he's got nice speed at 4.7 in the 40.  I'd like to have him.  Not saying in the 1st round, but I am saying Round 2 or 3 if we don't get someone like Spence/Lawson in the 1st round. 

From the first group, I think Billings and Calhoun won the day. Billings tested out of the water in everything and had the best drill work.

Calhoun was excellent in space and I think he solidified that he's a 3-4 guy. Looked very natural and fluid. He probably won't hold up as an edge setter though.

3 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

From the first group, I think Billings and Calhoun won the day. Billings tested out of the water in everything and had the best drill work.

Calhoun was excellent in space and I think he solidified that he's a 3-4 guy. Looked very natural and fluid. He probably won't hold up as an edge setter though.

Not sure how you could watch Correa and Calhoun and think Calhoun did a better job in the drills.

2 minutes ago, Gavin said:

I got Buckner over Bosa on my board

I have throughout the entire process.  Buckner has a chance to be elite.  I think Bosa will be a very good player but isn't athletic enough to be dominant.

10 minutes ago, wig said:

Not sure how you could watch Correa and Calhoun and think Calhoun did a better job in the drills.

I didn't say he did a better job, just that Calhoun and Billings won the day. I just think Calhoun proved he belonged in the conversation as one of the top 3-4 OLB prospects. That's why I think he won the day.

I had no problem with Correa. But if you want my opinion, I think Calhoun is the better prospect.

1 minute ago, wig said:

Not as big or powerful as Suggs, though.  I thought Spence would be in the 4.6s.

I didn't see 4.6 from watching Spence on tape.  I kinda figured he was around 4.7 to 4.8, but a large part of pass rushing is quickness, power and leverage more than it is straight line 40 speed.

3 minutes ago, Boiler_Colt said:

Not impressed with Spence's numbers so far. I thought he'd be faster. Didn't Werner run in the 4.8s? I think Floyd will impress but I would still take Spence over him

The pressure is really on Floyd. He has to run at least at 4.6 flat IMO. 4.7 wouldn't be terrible but Ogbah ran a 4.65 at almost 270.

At 244 Floyd needs to run good so he can show that if he puts on more weight, he'll be as fast as guys like Lawson at the worst.

Spence is a much more polished player then Werner was coming out, That's where he is way ahead of Werner and in my opinion why Werner has not worked out much more then any athletic reason. I think Werners lack of thleticism and speed very much overstated, He is not great in either are but not bad

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I think Camalei Correa is a solid possibility for us during this draft as a pass rusher.  He seems to be a pretty good player, and so far I've liked how he moves dropping in space and he's got nice speed at 4.7 in the 40.  I'd like to have him.  Not saying in the 1st round, but I am saying Round 2 or 3 if we don't get someone like Spence/Lawson in the 1st round. 

I wouldn't be against taking someone like him or Ochi later in the draft, even if we get someone like Spence, Lawson, or Ogbah in the first. You can never have too many pass rushers.

16 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

4.62 on Ogbah's second attempt. He's athletic as heck, I'm just not sure he has the bend to be able to stand up full time in a 3-4.

Will be the key. Depends on how management views him as an 3-4 olb. Could be a risky pick if they think he can make that transition.

I could care less what these guys 40 is or vertical or broad jump honestly as far as Linebackers and D Linemen go. There 10 yard split I'm more interested in but even that lies sometimes once you watch tape of some players. The position drills I'm interested in. Bench I'm interested in though for Linebackers and D Linemen and O Linemen and TE's