Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• This is one of the most bizarre and complicated stories I’ve ever come across. But I give you my word, this is NOT about an entitled athlete.  I’d say so if it was.     Sheffler was doing what all the athletes were told to do if there was a problem.  He was in a car clearly marked that he was a player.  He had  credential that he showed.  All the players were told to drive around if there was any problem.      But it appears there was a miscommunication with the Louisville PD.  They didn’t send their best, they sent their junior varsity who were completely unprepared for what happened.  They didn’t know that the athletes had clearance to go around.  Turns out, ESPN was right behind Scheffler.  They were doing a feature on him.  And they said he did exactly what was instructed to do by PGA officials.      If this was an entitled athlete abusing law enforcement I’d be saying so.  Honestly, I would.  But I’ve read multiple stories and this is what I’ve pieced together.  
    • I liked what little we saw from Evan Hull in preseason last year. Hoping he can solidify himself as a good #2 back to spell for JT.
    • When I saw that I was stunned and not just for the Colts but the Jets??!! Granted the Jets are improved over last year but SIX primetime games. I was in New York once and that will hold true after I'm dead.
    • It turns out that he comes from a family and a school with very accomplished women. Not only is his mother a physicist, his sister is a Physician's Assistant who studied at Weill Cornell Graduate School right here on the Upper East Side of Manhattan in NY. His paternal aunt is a senior vice president of a firm. And his graduating class at Georgia Tech had over 50 women graduate in industrial engineering.   He did not bother to mention any of that. He may be the least academically successful member of his family.    https://www.thedailybeast.com/harrison-butkers-atlanta-hometown-scolds-him-over-commencement-speech     That comes across loud and clear.   As for the school being Catholic, there are many Catholic schools that don't preach that. I wonder if Notre Dame would ever invite him to address grads. I doubt it. A group affiliated with the school said that Butker does not represent them. They said that instead of bringing people together, his address was divisive.     https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5502923/2024/05/18/harrison-butker-benedictine-sisters-jersey?source=user-shared-article
    • Yeah... I love how genuinely excited he is by this whole process. From videos coming into the building, to videos of the introduction to his helmet, to just any interview really... he seems so thankful and exuberant. Love his whole demeanor. There's very little to nothing that seems rehearsed or contrived like most of the prospects nowadays... This is not a dig at other players - they are all media coached and prepared so much in the pre-draft process that they lose a lot of their personality in front of the camera. I don't think this is the case with Laiatu. 
  • Members

• TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy 36

• Goatface Killah

Goatface Killah 2,039

• NewColtsFan

NewColtsFan 21,402

• Powerslave

Powerslave 61

• King Colt

King Colt 1,743

• colts89