Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Fastest Trio of WRs Claim

That Guy

Looks like Pittsburgh fans are claiming to have the fastest trio of WRs.  You buying this?

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2016/2/16/11027622/the-fastest-trio-of-wrs-in-the-nfl-belongs-to-the-pittsburgh-steelers#comment_tease

For the record, their 40-yard dash times are:

Darius Heyward-Bey - 4.30

Antonio Brown - 4.48

Martavis Bryant - 4.42

For comparison, our trio ran:

TY Hilton - 4.34

Donte Moncrief - 4.40

Phillip Dorsett - 4.33

30 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

It depends on how you measure it.  You're going by Combine numbers.  The link you provided is apparently going by the fastest time each player was clocked at while running in a game.

I agree.  I posted combine numbers because they're available to everyone; these "fastest mph recorded in a game" numbers are not (that I'm aware of).  Do you think their three are faster, or do you think they just threw that title up there?  They may have used TY, Moncrief, and Andre for our three.

Pitts WR have been great for a while now.  Remember at one point they had former Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes, Hines Ward and Mike Wallace.  And then they went Wallace, AB and Emmanuel Sanders.  Now it's AB, Bryant, and Wheaton (DHB is fast and all but those 3 are the actual play makers).  Yea Pitt has been very blessed as of late in the WR department...

1 hour ago, That Guy said:

I agree.  I posted combine numbers because they're available to everyone; these "fastest mph recorded in a game" numbers are not (that I'm aware of).  Do you think their three are faster, or do you think they just threw that title up there?  They may have used TY, Moncrief, and Andre for our three.

I'm not sure which results are more accurate.  I'd probably lean towards in-game speed since that's what really matters.  But if you throw Markus Wheaton into the mix, they'd have the fastest 4 without a doubt.

On 2/17/2016 at 3:34 PM, NewColtsFan said:

T.Y. Hilton ran 4.34 at the combine?

Really?     Did he?

I don't remember that........

its true.  ty was a virtual unknown unless you were a scout or followed Florida international U though.  

57 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

its true.  ty was a virtual unknown unless you were a scout or followed Florida international U though.  

Not to be argumentative....     but, turns out,  it's not true.    It didn't happen.  

I've been meaning to look this up, and finally did.     Hilton was invited to the combine but didn't work out -- a thigh injury.....    the times for him are from his Pro Day at college.

And so the times are hand-timed and not full automatic electronic times.      Here is his personal page.  

Just click on it.....

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=86771&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Not to be argumentative....     but, turns out,  it's not true.    It didn't happen.  

I've been meaning to look this up, and finally did.     Hilton was invited to the combine but didn't work out -- a thigh injury.....    the times for him are from his Pro Day at college.

And so the times are hand-timed and not full automatic electronic times.      Here is his personal page.  

Just click on it.....

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=86771&draftyear=2012&genpos=WR

eh got that from wikipedia sorry if its not true

they list the nfl scouting combine as the source, but i didnt follow any further

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

eh got that from wikipedia sorry if its not true

they list the nfl scouting combine as the source, but i didnt follow any further

No worries....     not blaming you.      The facts are sketchy and not always obvious...

First place I went to was NFL.com....     and under WR's,  the gave the 10 fastest which covered Hilton's time and his name wasn't there.

On his NFL.com page,  his combine categories are blank.      But,  I also went to his wiki page like you and they showed his numbers for the combine.     Hmmm?    Odd?     So, I kept surfing around....    I'm not great at finding things on the Internet.     For me, it's often like finding a needle in a haystack.     But after some searching, I came upon the page I linked....

I knew you weren't messing with me....    I just didn't want you to think that I was messing with you!    :thmup: 

p.s. -- believe me,  you're not the only poster here who thinks this is true....    I'm sure I'll have to repeat this post a number of times in the years to come.

It's not all about 40 time.  Someone hit it when they said can you catch.  There are a few factors in that.  How effortless is it to run?  Can you turn your head back and keep your speed?  And can you keep your balance looking up for the ball?   If you have no balance and are heavy footed, the ball will bounce and you won't truly see where the ball is in the air.  Randy Moss had all that.  You just had to throw it up and he's out run everyone to get it.

On 2/17/2016 at 3:07 PM, 21isSuperman said:

I'm not sure which results are more accurate.  I'd probably lean towards in-game speed since that's what really matters.  But if you throw Markus Wheaton into the mix, they'd have the fastest 4 without a doubt.

Quan bray is pretty fast if you wanna go four deep. Finally have an electric kick returner